Infants in restaurants (2month old)

Mom loves Disney

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm that we will be allowed to bring the baby in an infant carrier inside the restaurants?
I was hoping not to have to juggle eating and passing the new baby around to eat.
Thanks

We went with a 2 mo old last year and we were allowed to bring the carseat in, but not the stroller(understandable due to space). It was confusing though about whether we had to add the infant as a "dining guest" or not for reservations. Some places said yes, others said no. Perhaps someone else can advise on that.

They have the high chairs that will accommodate the infant seats. In general, add the infant to the reservation so they get you a large enough table.

FYI, if the baby is sleeping in a stroller when you are seated, they will allow you to keep the stroller at your table.

We were seated in Ohana last month with a 6 month-old asleep in her stroller. The hostess said that Disney would never ask a parent to wake up a sleeping infant by removing her from a stroller.

We were seated in Ohana last month with a 6 month-old asleep in her stroller. The hostess said that Disney would never ask a parent to wake up a sleeping infant by removing her from a stroller.
That sounds all well and good.

Until there isn't room for a stroller in the restaurant. Then Disney will ask you to leave the stroller outside of the restaurant.

yes I have seen a stroller pushed under the table so only handle and back wheels out so it was not in the aisle. had to be in place of a chair. not what I would want plus once baby woke up they had to remove the stroller. they were at table next to us and they could not have stroller at end of table as that would have blocked us from our table

Having the stroller at the table really depends on the restaurant and at their discretion. There are some where the tables are way too close together and a stroller would block the servers and present a fire hazard. I would assume you can't have the stroller and consider it a bonus if it is allowed, if it were me. The infant carrier should not be an issue though.

yes I have seen a stroller pushed under the table so only handle and back wheels out so it was not in the aisle. had to be in place of a chair. not what I would want plus once baby woke up they had to remove the stroller. they were at table next to us and they could not have stroller at end of table as that would have blocked us from our table

The baby would have to be asleep when your party is seated to keep the stroller with us. You know babies though; they are never asleep when you want them to be.

At Ohana, Garden Grove, Be Our Guest and Yak & Yeti, nobody asked us to remove our stroller when the baby woke up half way through the meal.

But that may have been because they seated us at a table with enough room for it in the first place. I mean, it was def never shoved under a table with only the handles and back wheels sticking out. :)

The baby would have to be asleep when your party is seated to keep the stroller with us. You know babies though; they are never asleep when you want them to be.

At Ohana, Garden Grove, Be Our Guest and Yak & Yeti, nobody asked us to remove our stroller when the baby woke up half way through the meal.

But that may have been because they seated us at a table with enough room for it in the first place. I mean, it was def never shoved under a table with only the handles and back wheels sticking out. :)
this one was at a table for 4 with 3 adults and because of a wall on 2 sides of our table which meant only one way out of back of our table. other table could not put stroller at end of table and they were not allowed to have wheels in aisle where servers were walking. when baby woke up they couldn't keep stroller out of servers way so they had to remove as baby was not happy not being able to see anyone

this one was at a table for 4 with 3 adults and because of a wall on 2 sides of our table which meant only one way out of back of our table. other table could not put stroller at end of table and they were not allowed to have wheels in aisle where servers were walking. when baby woke up they couldn't keep stroller out of servers way so they had to remove as baby was not happy not being able to see anyone

At Ohana, they did make us wait for a table with space for a stroller.

As I mentioned, restaurant staff did not ask us move the stroller after the baby woke up. We passed her around the table to take turns holding her because we're Italians; that's what we do. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter