Info needed on Boardwalk Inn

bornwiththeears

Disney Addict
I am still a little confused as to the layout of the Boardwalk Inn vs. Villa - if anyone has stayed there and could help I would appreciate it.

Do you mean the layout of the rooms or of the building?

If you mean the rooms, the Inn rooms are standard WDW deluxe hotel rooms, about the same size as YC/BC, smaller than GF/Poly, larger than AKL.

Not sure what you want to knwow, if you could be more specific we'd be happy to help.

Anne

I'll comment more on the layout of the resort. I just came back from a stay at the Villas and to tell you the truth....I'm not sure (the map didn't clarify), but I'll tell you what I think and someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You enter into the lobby in the middle and if you go to the right then you will be in the "Inn" part of the resort. If you continue down that hallway and out the doors then you will find a LOVELY courtyard with charming cottages. There is a quiet pool out there on that side. You will find the lounge area in the "inn" side.

If you had taken a left at the lobby and continued down that hallway, then you will be on the 'villas' side. This side has the Luna Pool along with a quiet pool (both with hot tubs). Community Hall and the fittness center are also on this side.

Both sides have an elevator.

ducklite mentioned that the Inn's rooms should be standard WDW deluxe hotel rooms, while the villas offer kitchen facilities and some 1 and 2 bedroom rooms. My studio standard view villa had a balcony.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I was a bit confused about the layout too.

Thanks, I was relieved to hear they are side by side. We were concerned about the distance between Inn and the Boardwalk.

We statyed at the Inn for part of our trip in January. Had room 3221 - a water view room that overlooked Crescent Bay. We were directly over the Boardwalk Arcade.

The Inn side of the Boardwalk is closer to EPCOT than the Villa side - it was a very short walk to get into EPCOT. The Inn only has one set of elevators so the walk from room to elevator can be long (it was for us), but we found the proximity to EPCOT and the fact that we could also walk to MGM (about 15 minutes) the best reason to stay at this resort.

We had thought about the YC/BC, but the walk to MGM would have been about ten minutes longer. Also, the walk to EPCOT would have stayed the same.

Yep...it's all there together and I always found the walk to anything there short and pleasant (perhaps because of all the distractions to keep your attention).

They are in the same building, just divided by the lobby. You don't even need to go outside to get from one to the other!

Anne

Yes, the Inn is closer to Epcot. We stayed there last October and we were over ESPN/arcade. So close to Epcot, BUT we had to walk all the way back to almost the lobby to get outside.

Next time, thinking of bringing a rope ladder and climb down from the balcony. LOL

Ed

On this map, the Inn is on the left and the Villa is on the right:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.JPG

We stayed at the Inn for 1 night in December, followed by 6 at the Villas (DVC). If you have a standard view booked for BWI, request an upper floor with an Epcot or Courtyard view (you can see Epcot over the roof in the courtyard area). We were on the second floor next to the walkway to the bus stop, people were always walking by and talking. If we were there for the whole week I would have asked for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter