Info Please-2 Toddlers-4 Parents-2 Grandparents

iluvtig2

Mouseketeer
We are planning 5 days-12/1 thru 12/6-for the above group. Any suggestions on packing, dining, and keeping the peace with this varied group would be greatly appreciated. BTW, we will have a 2 BR villa at BWV, plus a room. Plus, are there any don't miss holiday activities we should put on our don't miss list?

Hi! We'll be traveling with just about the same - 2 toddlers, parents, and grandparents. We have learned in the past to not plan too much "togetherness". Our last trip (before our kids) we went with my parents, brother & girlfriend, uncle & aunt, and 2 cousins. DH and myself stayed onsite and the rest stayed off. We all met at a certain time at MK, went on all rides everyone agreed upon and then split up for the remainder of the day. It worked great. We ended up meeting up again in Epcot for a while only by chance! Definitely try to get at least some alone time and try to "go with the flow". Have a great time. We still have over a year before we go and can't wait.

:earsgirl:

Thank you for your reply. If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free. We want to have a good time, but realize that all are different. Never did WDW with toddlers before, so are a little anxious. Thanks again!

Here's some things that we do with a toddler and grandparents in tow...

Umbrella stroller - unless you feel like lugging or spending $$$ for rentals.
Radios - in case you need to split up for any reason - I give one to my parents when they go with us, my DH gets one and I get the third. This way if I have to go to a restroom or take a break with my son - everyone else can go ahead and I can easily locate them when we are done.
Lots of wipes and ziplock bags.
Snacks and juiceboxes & water for the kids - we bring them in a small softsided lunchbox sized cooler.
Mandatory break in the afternoon back at the hotel - not just for naps, just to get a second wind.
Take it slower than you would without the kids or grandparents. It's a whole new experience. Enjoy the little things like the fountains & the monorail ride. The littlest things are what my now 3 year old remembers the most. Don't think you have to conquer it all to have a good time - something I still have trouble doing.
Let the grandparents have at least a day or part of the trip to wander by themselves or just relax at the hotel.
Make sure you go to at least one Character Meal - the most memorable moments were with my toddler and my parents.

We travel with one toddler, two parents and two grandparents each year at this time.

We plan several character meals. These are buffet meals and typically everyone can find something they like to eat. We enjoy Crystal Palace for Breakfast, Hollywood and Vine for Lunch, Park Fare 1900 for dinner and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner.

We also have "time apart" planned. We use two way radios alot and this helps us keep in touch. We also use our cell phones since they are nationwide.

Most of the time we plan to do a certain park during the day and another in the evening. That way if someone wants to do something else or just hang out at the hotel they can. Not a big deal.

When in the park we plan scheduled times and places to meet. Usually around meal times and we can grab a snack together and then split up again.

Must sees at that time of the year:

1) Grand Floridian lobby and Christmas decorations at the resort
2) Candlelight processional. Even my 3 year old sat through it this year he really liked it.
3) The lighted arches to music at Epcot.
4) Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. The Christmas parades and shows won't be running when you are there and this will be the only way you can see them. We did it for the first time last year and will do it again this year.
5) Tree lighting ceremonies at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. They are both pretty.
6) Be sure to check out all the deluxe resort Christmas decorations. They are typically very nice. We do a resort tour at least once during our stay.

The most important thing is to make sure everyone realizes that you don't expect everyone to spend every minute with each other. Then just "go with the flow" and be ready to change plans, if needed. You 'll have lots of fun. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter