Information On Linked Reservation

eman6880

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I booked 7 nights with one of my contracts and another 3 from a separate use year contract for the same room type and category (AKV-Kidani 2br). First time iv'e combined like this so I called and had member services link them and I received the email showing they were linked. I know it worked because I entered the first reservation number and both showed up.

My question is why does it still show up in MDE as two separate stays? Shouldn't linking them mean they show as one continuous stay? Will this have any effect on FP+ at the 60 day mark?

I don't think linking them means they are actually combined. My understanding is that any reservations booked under separate membership #s cannot be combined into a single reservation. They are still 2 separate reservations the "linking" is just to let the resort know that it is the same party on both reservationa and that you want to keep the same room for both "stays".

For the purposes of FP+ and any dining reservations you want to make you will have two separate reservations/check-in dates and will have to be dealt with as such. Linking as PP stated just lets the room assigner CM know that there are requests that effect both reservations.

Look at the DIS Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies forum. At the top is a sticky thread named FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions. In the first post you'll find a link to a later post that's specifically about FP+ & split stays. Read that post - I think you'll find good information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter