Instacart

jedz007

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to Kidani for a weekend in October. We need to get a couple of things from the grocery store so we are planning on using insatcart. We have used it before but since this is such a short trip I was wondering if it is possible for it to be delivered to the Bell desk, then we get it when we are back from the park or should we wait until it is delivered before we head out to the parks. I would love to hear what people have done in the past.

As long as there is no alcohol involved, it should be ok. The desk will charge you $6 extra to have it delivered to your room, though.

We've used Instacart about a half dozen times in the past and always were very pleased with the service....except the last time we used them in May, 2019 and that was the only time we did not meet the delivery ourselves, but, called the toll free number and asked for the delivery to be left with Bell Services, because our flight was delayed by many hours. We were supposed to arrive at resort about 7:00 p.m./had delivery scheduled for 8:30 p.m.......didn't arrive at resort until 2:00 a.m. There was one lone bellman at the outside desk (OKW) when we arrived....we had done online checkin so we were good there. We told him we had received notification from Instacart about 8:20 p.m. that our order had been delivered. He went into the bell room and checked and came out with one bag.....I said "no there must be more....we have refrigerated stuff also and a case of water" to which he said "there is nothing in the refrigerator....please come back with me and we'll check the shelves" Well, sure enough......we found the water on a bottom shelf and two bags behind the water .....both of which were marked as refrigerated items......yogurt, juice, milk, deli cheese/and ham, pepperoni and Cracker Barrel cheese and a few other items. He told me the Instacart delivery people are responsible for making sure the bags are placed properly......whether that is fact or not....I'm not sure. I did message Instacart that I was not satisfied with the delivery since two bags were not stored in refrigeration properly and the resort had told me Instacart delivery person is responsible for doing so. I never heard back from Instacart......fortunately, the only thing that was unusable was the pepperoni because it got sticky and warm. I think the other items were in the bag with milk and juice which were just cold enough to keep everything else ok. So....long story short.....depending what you are having delivered you might want to reconsider not meeting the delivery person yourself.......less chance for error.

As long as there is no alcohol involved, it should be ok. The desk will charge you $6 extra to have it delivered to your room, though.
So the Bell Desk won't hold on to a six pack of Beer? Good to know.

So the Bell Desk won't hold on to a six pack of Beer? Good to know.
they will if the instacart person gives it to them -- but the instacart people are supposed to scan your ID to make sure you're 21 or older. I've had instacart deliver alcohol 5 or 6 times now, and I want to say it's about 50/50 whether they actually require that I be there to meet them...although I want to say the last couple times have both required I be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter