INTEREST - Disney Sketch Swap

AlexWyattMommy

<font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high
DUE DATE - May 4

Here is the general feeling and direction of the swap this time around. All questions are good ones!

Again, I am going to change up our sketch swap a little. This time, you can pick ANY sketch from the http://www.sketchsupport.com website. You can pick a single side of the double sketches from the website for the single page groups or double a single page sketch for the 2-page layout groups..

MAJOR Rules are – Must have at least 1 photo mat, journal box and title for single page groups. Must have at least 3 photo mats, journal box and title for double page groups. Mats must match the layout. Paper must be name brand. [this shouldn’t be a problem because most Disney themed paper is a name brand and all solid colors at JoAnn’s, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s and Archiver’s is already name brand]

Titles – you get lots of leeway here. They can be store bought, cut or printed. If printed they should be matted – printed paper, one layer under. They can be literal – park, ride or character’s name or they can be something that invokes the feeling of the subject you chose. “Oh Boy” –Mickey, “Get Wet” –Splash Mountain, “Pixie Dust” –Tinkerbelle, you get the idea.

More rules will be listed later on. These deal with how to package up your pages, using edges, rotating, labeling, etc.

Here are the groups. For this swap, if there are at least 2 swappers, I will leave the group open. Complete groups are nice, but I know how hard it is to get the World Showcase to fill up.

Single Page Layout Groups

Group A - Four parks One World
1 - Magic Kingdom
2 - Animal Kingdom
3 - Epcot
4 - Disney Hollywood Studios

Group B – Magic Kingdom [general]
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group C – Magic Kingdom
1- Fantasyland
2- Frontierland
3- Tomorrowland
4- Adventureland
5- Liberty Square

Group D – Animal Kingdom [general]

Group E – Animal Kingdom
1 – Africa
2 – Asia
3 – Dinoland
4 – Discovery Island
5 – Camp Minnie Micky

Group F – Epcot [general]
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group G – Epcot – Future World
1 – The Land
2 – The Seas
3 – Innoventions
4 – Imagination
5 – Character Spot

Group H – Epcot – World Showcase PICK TWO - Make 6
1 – Mexico
2 - Norway
3- China
4 – Germany
5 – Italy
6 – American Adventure
7- Japan
8- Morocco
9 - France
10 – United Kingdom
11 – Canada
12 - Africa

Group I – Disney Hollywood Studios [general]
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group J – Disney Hollywood Studios
1 – Animation Courtyard
2 – Streets of America
3 – Hollywood Blvd
4 – Sunset Blvd
5 – Pixar Place -

Group K - Minor Parks
1- DownTown Disney
2- Typhoon Lagoon
3- Blizzard Beach
4- Boardwalk
5- Fantasia Gardens
6- Winter Summerland

Group L – Rides ANY
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group M – Male - pick a character
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group N – Female – pick a character
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Group O - Disney Colors -Red, Black, White, Yellow main colors, other colors can be accents.
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

Two Page Layout Groups

Group 1 - Four parks One World
1. Magic Kingdom -
2. Animal Kingdom -
3. Epcot -
4. Disney Hollywood Studios -

Group 2 - Magic Kingdom

Group 3 - Animal Kingdom

Group 4 - Epcot

Group 5 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Group 6 Disney Colors -Red, Black, White, Yellow main colors, other colors can be accents.

Here are the Guidelines:

-Titles – you get lots of leeway here. They can be store bought, cut or printed. If printed they should be matted – printed paper, one layer under. They can be literal – park, ride or character’s name or they can be something that invokes the feeling of the subject you chose. “Oh Boy” –Mickey, “Get Wet” –Splash Mountain, “Pixie Dust” –Tinkerbelle, you get the idea.

-You are allowed to rotate the sketch/map in any direction you want.

-You may use one side of the two page sketches for the single page groups. Just be sure there is a place for the title and journal box included if not shown on that side of the sketch in addition to the photo mats.

-You may use a single sketch and mirror or make a page that flows with it for the two page groups.
Note: – Must have at least 1 photo mat, journal box and title for single page groups. Must have at least 3 photo mats, journal box and title for double page groups.

-Some of the sketches may seem very simple. I am giving you the liberty to embellish extra or add extra layers. It should resemble the sketch in number, size and placement of photos along with the journaling being in the same general area. Most sketches have examples of them being used on her website.

-Where the sketch has an edge or a shape, please use an edge or a shape. They do not have to be as shown. If it shows wavy, you may substitute eyelet, waterfall, torn, etc. If it shows a die cut, you can use any kind of die cut such as scallop circle/square, road sign, etc.

-Please use a layer of cardstock as your base. You may completely cover it with thinner paper. It is very difficult to sort them when they bend and sometimes the embellishments get caught.

-Please use quality paper on your layouts. If the patterned paper doesn't have a name printed on it, don't use it. Paper must be name brand. [this shouldn’t be a problem because most Disney themed paper is a name brand and all solid colors at JoAnn’s, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s and Archiver’s is already name brand]

-You are not required to double mat your elements or have to embellish the elements one/two way. Use your judgment on what looks best.

-You must use paper that matches your layout for photo placement. This is so swappers can cut their photos to give it a mat if they choose.

-You may use a solid sheet for some of the photo placements where it does not show spacing between them. Scoring for size is nice, but not a requirement.

-Please be sure the paper used for the journal section can be written on. The bling at JoAnn's is terrible. I didn't know that until just recently. Sorry for using it on some layouts previously.

-You may use any kind of embellishment you like on these sketches where they are indicated or in place of a “layer” of paper. Ribbon and fiber are good substitutions for paper layers. Bulky and dimensional embellishments are encouraged.

-If it shows a large embellishment, please use a large one or several small ones in that area. If it shows 3 embellishments scattered, please use at least that many or one long to span the area.

-You may use different embellishments and paper on each of your layouts. Please ensure they are of the same quality.

-More than one of the same sketch can be in the same group. We did groups using the same sketch last time and they were all different looking inside the same group.

-If the sketch has a date/event/place or anything more than a title, leave that area blank. These can be added by the members after they receive the pages.

-Please put the sketch number on the back of your layout. From the single page group - #A, from double page group - #B. Use the same numbers on her website for ease of finding later.

-Please double check your pages to be sure they stay stuck together. We have had adhesive failure in the past and it makes it difficult to sort them when they are falling apart.

-New to me swappers are limited to TWO groups. I will also limit the number of groups if I feel you are taking on too much for MY comfort.

-Please sign the back of your layout. And include the sketch number you used. This will help with photo sizes later on.

-Place each group in their own 2-gallon baggie and label the baggie with your real name, DISname and group information. No need for one single baggie for all the group baggies. Please have each set face each other; side 1 facing side 2 so that the backs are on the outside- each group only needs 1 bag.

-Please send postage for a medium or large flat rate box. Do NOT use the Click-it postage from USPS. I cannot use it. It has to be used the day it was printed. Stamps, check or cash are acceptable.

-If you don't mind the delay in return shipping, you may use non-priority to save some $$. Please use packaging I can reuse and send 3-4 extra stamps from what it cost you to mail it to me. Just in case some pages are heavier than others. These swaps usually have less numbers of swappers. I can do individual postage mailings. They will just take a little bit longer because the post master freaks out if she sees me put the change inside the boxes. Cash is not supposed to be mailed. SHRUG Not sure what she thinks goes inside cards. LOL

-Please include your address in the box. Address label, index card, or priority label.

HAVE FUN WITH IT!

must resist - I'm only suppose to be in 2 at a time
I got 2 mailed out & signed up for Titles & Tags (oops)

No pressure from me. I only twist Jennifer's arm. ;)

There is still time before sign ups. See how far along you get with the TnT swap and then re-evaluate. :thumbsup2

We would love to have you play.

I will probably do some. How many, I'm not sure. Probably, MK and Epcot stuff.

must resist - I'm only suppose to be in 2 at a time
I got 2 mailed out & signed up for Titles & Tags (oops)

those should go fast Reddy! so come on and join the sketch fun!

you know I'll be joining in! need to go see what I have left from the last sketch swap and start my list :woohoo:

those should go fast Reddy! so come on and join the sketch fun!

you know I'll be joining in! need to go see what I have left from the last sketch swap and start my list :woohoo:

but you should see my list of stuff to do
did get the last set done

Oh did you see the Epcot frame?? I wasn't too happy with the font that I used, but if you like I'll include it with TnT (why does that remind me of dyminte, then thinking Big Thunder:cool1:)

but you should see my list of stuff to do
did get the last set done

Oh did you see the Epcot frame?? I wasn't too happy with the font that I used, but if you like I'll include it with TnT (why does that remind me of dyminte, then thinking Big Thunder:cool1:)

I know, my list is long too, but sketch swap is fun :cool1: I really want to finish scrapping our oct WDW trip in March and have our cruise the end of the month too, so already losing a week + for that...and that means more scrapping LOL

yes I did see the Epcot frame and really liked it! Dy-NO-MITE :rotfl::rotfl:

I know, my list is long too, but sketch swap is fun :cool1: I really want to finish scrapping our oct WDW trip in March and have our cruise the end of the month too, so already losing a week + for that...and that means more scrapping LOL

yes I did see the Epcot frame and really liked it! Dy-NO-MITE :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I always say spelling was my worst subject in school
now Math & Art :cool1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I always say spelling was my worst subject in school
now Math & Art :cool1:

sorry wasn't correcting your spelling....just brought back a memory from 70's tv show "Good Times" you are probably to young to remember that :rotfl:

Not touching that bet. ;) Cause then I have to say how old I am. In public. To anyone who might read this. I'd rather them pretend I am some young chick.

sorry wasn't correcting your spelling....just brought back a memory from 70's tv show "Good Times" you are probably to young to remember that :rotfl:

I was born in 1970 but I usually didn't get to pick what was on and had a limit on how much TV I could watch - did alot of bike riding or rollar skating on the driveway

Not touching that bet. ;) Cause then I have to say how old I am. In public. To anyone who might read this. I'd rather them pretend I am some young chick.

think I'd win! ok chick-a-dee :rotfl:

I was born in 1970 but I usually didn't get to pick what was on and had a limit on how much TV I could watch - did alot of bike riding or rollar skating on the driveway

well lets just say I'm going to be celebrating a BIG , a REALLY BIG birthday next year :eek: and it rhymes with Nifty!

went through my sketch pages and have at least 3 groups I'll be joining!

I always do 2page LOs except the front & back of the albums - that is the main hold up for me

That is fun B-day (remind me of that in 8 years ;) ) You will be doing something wonderful toparty: celabrate(where is my dictionary??)

I always do 2page LOs except the front & back of the albums - that is the main hold up for me

That is fun B-day (remind me of that in 8 years ;) ) You will be doing something wonderful toparty: celabrate(where is my dictionary??)

I usually do too, but these are fun!

we are planning to go to WDW next year at thanksgiving..my bday is in Sept so figure its close enough and yes I will get a bday pin and wear it happily!!!

Megan turns 13 and my mom turns 75 next year so we are all celebrating big ones :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter