Interest Thread Paper Piecing Swap --delayed sign ups

mycutiepatooties

DIS Veteran
This is an interest thread for a Paper Piecing Swap. If enough people want to join I was thinking of having signups Mon. Aug. 6th through Thurs. Aug. 9th. Due date is Oct. 18th. I have the Disney Wall Art Swap and a Pass-it-Forward swap going now as well. All 3 of these could be mailed together in one package if you can fit them and are interested in the other swaps too. Please note we changed to due date for the Wall Art Swap to November. This swap is due earlier. I'm open to ideas and suggestions if you have something you really want.

1st Check-In: Aug. 30th
2nd Check-In: Sept 20th
Last Chance To Request Angel: Sept. 27th
Mail Date: Oct. 12th
Due Date: Oct. 18th

Element list: This is a paper piecing swap, so there is no element list. However, by paper piecing, we mean something with multiple colored layers. Some of the Cricut cuts are more accurately called a “layered die cut” because they have a base, with several additional color layers. No single layer die cuts allowed. Your paper piecing should be a minimum of 4" in one direction, but you can make them larger if you want. Paper Piecings are easier to create the larger they are. You can use the shadow feature, if available, to make a base for the Cricut paper piecings so that they are more sturdy for shipping. It is not required though.

If you are using a Cricut to make your pieces, please sign up for only the groups marked Cricut. If you are handcutting your pieces, or using a computer program to make images to cut with SCAL, or on a Wishblade/CraftRobo...etc...you may sign up for any group. This is to account for the differences in difficulty/time between the two methods. And also to account for people who want images different than are available on cartridges. Our talented Dis swapper, Reddy, has a great site for paper piecings that are not Cricut Cartridge images. Her site would be a great resource if you are not tied to only using Cricut cartridges. Her images for the World Showcase characters are what I had in mind for Group J. below.

Info: Once this swap closes, I will send out my mailing/contact info. Please send me yours: name, DISname, address, email, phone number (only will be used if I can’t contact you through PM or email)

Check In: Check-In dates are listed at the beginning of this post. If you miss a check-in, I will PM/email you. If I do not hear from you 48 hours after that, your spots will be angeled. If you are going to be away for a check-in, let me know.

Packaging: Place your completed element in a Ziploc with your DISname, name and group number. The piece should fit inside the bag entirely, and be sealed. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size bag, and label with the same.

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose, but I would prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me ON or AFTER the swap mail by date, Oct.12th. I prefer to send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed. Here are the current rates: Envelope-$5.15, Small Box-$5.35, Medium/Standard box $11.35, Large box-$15.45.

-Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

-If you want your items shipped back to you with DC, please include the .75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the .75 and the filled out DC form.

If you haven’t swapped with us before, I am limiting you to TWO groups only. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

Please be mindful of your time management. Do NOT sign up for more than you can handle.

List of Players:
:thumbsup2I have your info

Groups I was thinking of having. You indicate at sign ups what you plan to make. No duplicates please. I'd like to keep the group size to 5-6 people per group at most.

A. Handmade/Computer - Disney – Girlish

B. Handmade/Computer - Disney – Boyish

C. Handmade/Computer – Disney Parks (attractions, park logos, etc)

D. Cricut Cartridge - Disney – Girlish

E. Cricut Cartridge - Disney – Boyish

F. Handmade/Computer - Non Disney Characters (Shrek, Scooby Doo etc.)

G. Cricut Cartridge - Non Disney Characters

H. Handmade/Computer – Holiday (Disney and non-Disney are okay)

I. Cricut Cartridge – Holiday (Disney and non-Disney are okay)

J. Handmade/Computer - Epcot W.S. Country Characters (Disney Characters dressed up in that country attire)

any other ideas????????????

I'd be interested in a couple of the cricut groups!
since we will be out of town during sign up could I send you my list?

Traci,

Yes, a link to Reddy's site can be added because it does NOT make her a profit as she is allowing others to use these for personal use, they are free.... Just please make sure she is okay with it, I am sure she is since she has it in her signature!!!

Good luck with all three swaps. Please let me know if you need anything...

Reddy said we can use her link in our swap. Yea for Reddy!:cheer2: I'll add it in a bit...need to feed my hungry family dinner.

I think I would be in for group J. Still don't have SCAL working, so this one group would probably be the only one for this swap.
Can anyone be my sign up buddy or can I send you my wish Traci? I won't be available Monday or Tuesday to sign up as we are going college shopping....UGH!

Girls, the Wall Art Swap has gotten much bigger than I imagined. I'm wondering if you all would be okay with postponing this swap until winter or if you are set on it now...can we at least delay sign ups until Thursday the 9th?

I don't want to dissappoint anyone, but I am afraid I'll get overwhelmed.

Traci, winter is fine with me. I think the wall art swap is going to keep you busy for awhile!

not a problem with the delay...we are going to be busy enough with all the MH's....you are a brave lady to tackle the sort on that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!