Interest Thread - Surprise Swap the show must go on...may 23 are sign ups!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
Time for the next Surprise Swap...it's been awhile!

I am so excited to be hostessing this swap! Below are the general requirements for this swap. I would love to hear your suggestions for groups....

*Signups-May 10 -14th at 9 am EST

There are different types of groups listed:

-The first is for single elements, Disney style (Groups A-I)~you pick an element from the list below and make one for each member of your group. These are to be embellished two ways per the guidelines listed below. There are groups of different subject matters. Your element and specific subject will be the surprise.

-Next is the Disney page group (Group J). You choose a sketch from one of the various sketch sites and make it Disney. You will make one page per person in the group.

-Last in the Disney group is the grab bag group (Group K). You choose ANY subject matter having to do with Disney and make 2 coordinating elements. You may make as many sets as you want to get in return for this group. It will be a blind draw. I will do my best to see that you do not get doubles or your own back. So, if you make 4 sets of 2 elements, you will get 4 back. They do not all have to be the same.

-First in the everyday group are the single element groups (Groups 1-7). There are various subjects. You will be making 1 element per person in the groups that you sign up for.

-Next is the general grab bag (Group 8). You will make 2 coordinating elements that are very general. For example, they should be able to be used for a lot of different themes. So, think about it like the color swap. Some of us only have girls or only have boys and could not use things geared specifically towards one or the other. Therefore, these really need to be general. You will make as many sets as you want to get in return.

-Last are the holiday and general page groups (Groups 9 & 10). You again will choose a sketch and make it to fit your theme. For holiday, it is self-explanatory and can include birthday. For the general, please think in terms of the color swap. It can be patterned paper.

Also...for the pages, please list the photo sizes on the back of the page. And, the base should be cardstock.

Guidelines:

1. Due date is July 16th, 2012. That is when I need to receive your package. Mail by date is July 9th, to make sure your package arrives to me on time.
Please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

2. You pick your group. Please use the element list below, but don't disclose your element(s). For the grab bag group, if you know for sure how many you will be making, please let me know.

3. Required: Please see the element list for the number of elements to make for EACH swapper.

4. Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS or page with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
Erin Palys
Group A

Element Groups~Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.

Page groups - Place all pages for each group in 1 2-gallon ziploc bag.

5. Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after July 1st [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed. Here are the current rates: Envelope-$5.15, Small Box-$5.35, Medium/Standard box $11.35, Large box-$15.45.

-Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

-If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the .75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the .75 and the filled out DC form.

6. If you haven’t swapped with us before, I am limiting you to TWO groups only. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

7. Please be mindful of your time management. Do NOT sign up for more than you can handle.

8. Most importantly HAVE FUN!! I know we all get worried about our stuff sometimes. I know everything will be GREAT! Just make something you would be proud to have in your own albums, and everyone will love it!!

Element list:
*Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD.
*2 photo mats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
*2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
*2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
#1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
#1 file folder or matchbook (2 if smaller than 3x4) - -embellished
#2 slide mounts -- embellished
#2 Frames - needs to fit 4x6 photo please - Sizzix okay even though smaller
#Altered CD
#3 altered paper clips
#1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished and no smaller than 2x3
#1 license plate
#3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
#1 ATC embellished 3 ways
#4 inchies embellished 2 ways
#Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
#Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
#Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches embellished
#2 altered pins

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, bling).

Disney Groups

A. General Disney (single element of your choice)

B. Disney Colors (single element of your choice)

C. Fab 5 (single element of your choice)

D. Princesses (single element of your choice)

E. Animal Kingdom (single element of your choice)

F. Hollywood Studios (single element of your choice)

G. Epcot (single element of your choice)

H. Magic Kingdom (single element of your choice)

I. Misc. Characters (single element of your choice)

J. Disney Pages

K. Disney grab bag (choose any subject and make two coordinating elements)

Non-Disney Groups

1. Holiday (single element of your choice)

2. Boys (single element of your choice)

3. Girls (single element of your choice)

4. Birthday (single element of your choice)

5. Beach (single element of your choice)

6. Pet (single element of your choice)

7. Love (single element of your choice)

8. Misc grab bag (2 elements of very generic subject matter, but coordinating)

9. Holiday pages

10. General pages (colors/patterns that will fit various subjects)

Due date is July 16

May 18 - PM info / check groups

June 1 - general update

June 15 - detailed status

July 1 - mailing status

July 9 - mail-by date

On it's way to me popcorn::

I have :banana:

On it's way to you :moped:

You have :cloud9:

Players:

Hi! I love this one but I have a problems with titles. Would love to see maybe single element groups so I could have the choice of title or no. And I love the anything goes group.
:thumbsup2

Hi! I love this one but I have a problems with titles. Would love to see maybe single element groups so I could have the choice of title or no. And I love the anything goes group.
:thumbsup2

Ok...so maybe we could do a combo. Tell me more about what you are looking for in an anything goes group...like any element or any theme?

I have a problem with titles too - especially only having boys and them being past the baby stage. A topper that I can put my own title on is fine though :thumbsup2

I think with "anything goes" before it has literally been that - whatever was acceptable in one group (say a mat and box, embellishment pack (ribbon, brads, etc in co-ordinating colours) topper and tag etc.) was acceptable in this, and it could be any colour

I have a problem with titles too - especially only having boys and them being past the baby stage. A topper that I can put my own title on is fine though :thumbsup2

I think with "anything goes" before it has literally been that - whatever was acceptable in one group (say a mat and box, embellishment pack (ribbon, brads, etc in co-ordinating colours) topper and tag etc.) was acceptable in this, and it could be any colour

Ahhh...we could do that...a plain topper and element...

So, anything goes is ANYTHING goes...even subject matter?

I would like single elements and page sketch groups

I would like single elements and page sketch groups

I definitely want to do a few pages. Looks like single elements would be a wiser choice also!! I will keep collecting info this weekend and get groups up Monday.

Do we want Disney and non-Disney? What about anything goes (if it is a full-on free for all with any pattern, color, theme, etc) being a grab bag?

Grab bag works for me::yes:: Its less of an issue if anyone drops out, too.

Happy with Disney and non-Disney this time around :thumbsup2

I'm fine with grab bag style. You could have both anything goes and disney grab bags. Sketches scare me so I would have to really think about the pages. I usually sign up for a lot of groups on this one.
Toppers with no titles are ok with me also.
Looking forward to this one!

Postage has gone up again so definitely no pages for me:worried:

Groups are listed in the second post and guidelines in post 1. Please look them over and let me know if we need any additions, deletions or changes!

Thanks a bunch!

I will try to keep groups to 6 people. We may need to combine some which would make them go up to 8 at the most. I will open more if needed and will keep anything with at least 3 swappers open. If groups with 2 or less can be combined, I will do that also.

Reminder...sign-ups for this one open tomorrow at 9:00 am!!

I am so excited for this swap! Surprise swaps are so much fun! Hopefully I will make sign ups on time, headed to a dr appt tomorrow at 9am!
Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!