Interval International

I just wanted to make sure you had the best information so you can make the decision that's best for you and your family. Unfortunately your decision makes it's VERY unlikely you'll get Aruba. The reason is that CL has only been in II a short time and almost all the inventory goes to RCI. Same, to a degree, for PL. Actually the Sands is a large resort and I'd say there's an excellent chance you'd get it if you simply dropped the other resorts. It's a nicer resort than the other 3 though they are all fairly nice. Many think the tri-royals have more character. Let us know back what happens.

We were taking our chances with Aruba. I know it's a long shot. The airfare is more expensive than it is to go to Mexico so my checkbook has no problems if we don't get in! :goodvibes Maybe we'll get lucky though.

Jen, I think the fuss is that your post was rude when there was no reason to be. One thing you may not know being fairly new is that ALMOST all the time this question is asked on this board it is in relationship to buying and then using for exchange. But even when it's not, most are interested in a complete view of the exchange situation and not just a subset. To be honest, my first thought was to respond much as Marylyn did, but I thought better of it and tried to take the high road.

Dean,
Thanks for explaining your OP. I feel like the three of us had moved past this and were communicating very well. I apologize for being rude.

On another matter (that is probably posted somewhere else)...
The email I used to set up this account is no longer valid and I have forgotten my password. How would I go about getting it changed as well as my password?
DH is unable to log on from home due to this. If I log out, I wont know how to get back in! LOL... I know, yes I am blond.

Thanks!
Jen

I hear that Jacques Villaneuve is going to NASCARand that possibly Scott Speed. OMG:scared: look out NASCAR.
We thought Scott Speed was not bad. He'll do good in NASCAR.
The race brought tears to my eyes today... felt good for the guy who won (although I don't know his name LOL!)

It is looking more and more like Talledega Nights....:rotfl2:

This is too true!! We thought it was funny Talledega Nights came out about the same time Montoya annouced he was going over to NASCAR. I know he's not French, but it was funny.

Dean,
Thanks for explaining your OP. I feel like the three of us had moved past this and were communicating very well. I apologize for being rude.
I had hoped that was the case but I also had hoped you would have seen I was just trying to help when you jumped down my throat and would have apologized previously. Apology accepted, it's really not a big deal to me else I wouldn't have persevered but I'd have to say Marylyn is correct in all aspects. I'm accustomed to DVC members being so caught up in their world that they don't want to hear anything else, it's their loss.

Anna, I think if you simply change your request there should be no fee. Or you could cancel, get a refund and restart another search if they try to charge you a new fee. And while it's not uncommon to get a 2 BR looking for a 1 BR at these resorts, one should only take the chance if you can make it work. Of course one can rent a studio there very easily and fairly cheaply for much of the year.

The 3 resorts (Mayan, Islander, Caribbean) are all side by side on the south end of Cancun Island. The Sands is more in the middle of the island nearer the action overall.

Here are a few maps that may help.
http://www.cancun.bz/cancunmap.htm
http://www.cancunmap.com/assist/cancun_hotel_locator.html
http://www.cancunfirstclass.com/cancun-map-eng.asphttp://www.cancun-map.com/map_cancunzh_ing.asp
I'll stop there but there are others.

Wow - Dean, perfect and your maps are certainly better than the one I found. If I did not say thank you before, I will say it again. ;) - I will leave the search as is for now - I would prefer a 2 BDR.

Wow - Dean, perfect and your maps are certainly better than the one I found. If I did not say thank you before, I will say it again. ;) - I will leave the search as is for now - I would prefer a 2 BDR.
You are very welcome, just glad to help.

I just put in a request for the Royal Sands in Cancun for October of next year (I did this on Saturday), and I just got word that we were confirmed for the last week of October 2008! I cannot believe that our request came through this quick!

Stinks that the kids are going to miss Halloween, but Mexico is better they will soon learn!

I'm accustomed to DVC members being so caught up in their world that they don't want to hear anything else, it's their loss.

Dean, I always appreciate your posts and tend to stop and read them when I see you have responded. As a result of your knowledge and that of many others, I have also purchased 2 additional one bedroom timeshares that I trade back for 2BR DVC weeks and save my DVC points now and enjoy longer stays for much less! Thanks for your awesome knowledge!

I just put in a request for the Royal Sands in Cancun for October of next year (I did this on Saturday), and I just got word that we were confirmed for the last week of October 2008! I cannot believe that our request came through this quick!

Stinks that the kids are going to miss Halloween, but Mexico is better they will soon learn!

Congratulations Melissa! That was quick.

When the time comes, we will be waiting for a "trip report".

Dean, I always appreciate your posts and tend to stop and read them when I see you have responded. As a result of your knowledge and that of many others, I have also purchased 2 additional one bedroom timeshares that I trade back for 2BR DVC weeks and save my DVC points now and enjoy longer stays for much less! Thanks for your awesome knowledge!

Ditto and double Ditto, Thanks again Dean. I am going to more fabulous places, spending less money,and still going to Disney World twice a year for a week at a time. Can you ask for a better tribute than that?:love:

Congratulations Melissa! That was quick.

When the time comes, we will be waiting for a "trip report".

How many pts did this take? I am curious because of this time of year in the Caribbean. Is it still hurricane season?

I got a free week for each of my Royal Holiday Club contracts in 2006. Why did I get a free week? I had to pay for repairs done by the hurricanes that destroyed Cancun in 2005 by way of special assessments.

They, RHC, repaid us with a free vacations for each of the three contracts we owned. We got to take 7 people with us in three one bdrm villas. Ours had a hot tub on the balcony and it overlooked the pools. It cost me a lot in assessments but I made out on that one.

Oct is a slow season and the Royals can be deposited 2 years out so it's not a surprise. In the past the Royals always gave you the unit on the confirmation unless there was a problem with it, this has changed somewhat in the last year. Still, if your confirmation has a unit # on it, let me know the unit and I'll try to give you an idea of where it is and how good a view you might likely have IF you do get that unit.

Thanks for your kind words. Would you say that your approach has given you more, better and cheaper choices than just owning more DVC points? Even with the II membership and other fees?

Ditto and double Ditto, Thanks again Dean. I am going to more fabulous places, spending less money,and still going to Disney World twice a year for a week at a time. Can you ask for a better tribute than that?:love:
I certainly couldn't, glad to help.

How many pts did this take? I am curious because of this time of year in the Caribbean. Is it still hurricane season?
In the past the info has been:

Royal Sands, Cancun High = 1-16, 25-34, 51-52. Mid = 17-24, 35-48. Low = 49-50

So it should have been mid Season. This is pretty consistent with the Caribbean in general, where II places Cancun, except that most areas are only HIGH season weeks 51-16, MID all the rest except 49-50 which is low. Grand Cayman is mostly like Cancun with HIGH in summer as well. Tthe Westin St. John is HIGH all year round.

It cost us 144 points. It is considered mid-season.

Thanks for your kind words. Would you say that your approach has given you more, better and cheaper choices than just owning more DVC points? Even with the II membership and other fees?

Absolutely! Although I don't plan to sell our small contract at OKW and plan to buy at GCV for short trips, our other timeshares trade so nicely into all kinds of places such as all of the Marriotts for much less than DVC maintenance fees and initial buy-in cost, plus I control my trades instead of DVC...and we get to stay 7 nights w/out using points if we trade back into DVC...it's all the perfect combo really to own both. Having said that, I rarely see BCV or VWL in anything larger than studio trades, but perhaps the 1 & 2 BRs are snagged in ongoing requests.

We have been very happy with II. We use II all the time to trade our non-DVC resorts. We own at both the Renaissance Aruba Resort and the Marriott Manor Club in Williamsburg. We use the Aruba as our main trader. We go to the Marriott resort in Williamsburg often. However, this year we traded our Marriott Manor Club resort through II and got the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club resort on Oahu for the 4th of July Week next summer. That was a great trade!! :cool1:

We have gotten 2 and 3 bedroom units for our 1 bedroom Aruba unit at various places including the Orlando Area (traded for Marriotts and Westgate Lakes 3 bedrooms), Poconos 2 bedrooms, and another Williamsburg 2 bedroom. So I guess it is a good trader too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter