Invitations

Here are mine that I just finished. We have a loose Haunted Mansion theme.

This was the most tedious DIY project I've ever done. It saved us a tone of money but still. We got our invitation materials from Cards&Pockets, and our response postcards from Vistaprints (I took the HM pic we used).

DSC_0076 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I hand stamped every invitation and had to rig the Ravens so they would sit together.

DSC_0077 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0078 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I took this pic from Tom Sawyer's Island. We had Vistaprint do most of the printing and I just put in the response date on the back.

DSC_0080 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

We did two different belly bands b/c not everyone would appreciate the pretty bats. Each band is sealed with an Celtic eternity symbol wax seal. This is the biggest pain in the butt, if I do say so myself.

DSC_0081 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0082 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

Here are mine that I just finished. We have a loose Haunted Mansion theme.

This was the most tedious DIY project I've ever done. It saved us a tone of money but still. We got our invitation materials from Cards&Pockets, and our response postcards from Vistaprints (I took the HM pic we used).

DSC_0076 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I hand stamped every invitation and had to rig the Ravens so they would sit together.

DSC_0077 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0078 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

I took this pic from Tom Sawyer's Island. We had Vistaprint do most of the printing and I just put in the response date on the back.

DSC_0080 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

We did two different belly bands b/c not everyone would appreciate the pretty bats. Each band is sealed with an Celtic eternity symbol wax seal. This is the biggest pain in the butt, if I do say so myself.

DSC_0081 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

DSC_0082 by cconnolly192, on Flickr

Whered you get the HM font..thats so cool?

Those Haunted Mansion invites are beautiful and so cool! I'm sorry they drove you crazy, but they turned out amazing :goodvibes

Thanks ladies! They took forevvvvvvver but since you girls like them I'm glad. I'm sure 90% of our guests won't get the theme.

Mickin, I just googled Haunted Mansion Font and downloaded it to my comp.

Wow. Thanks so much for sharing all these fantastic invites! I'm both inspired and a little worried about making mine! :)

I finally finished our invites!!

66a2e19c.jpg

Nicole - did you do your own pocketfolds or buy them? Im after black pearlised pocketfolds but cant find them anywhere?

I havent got my invites done yet, but i've done my save the dates which I was quite proud of.....
OurFinalSaveTheDates3.jpg

Nicole - did you do your own pocketfolds or buy them? Im after black pearlised pocketfolds but cant find them anywhere?

[/IMG]

Great save-the-dates!!

I ordered the outer pocketfolds, the inner matt, and the piece with our names from www.cardsandpockets.com. I believe they were the "onyx" (black) and "mars" (red) colors.

I also got a lot of cut cardstock from www.cutcardstock.com at great prices.

HTH!

These are all so awesome!! We're just now in the process of looking at invitation styles - I know I really like the pocketfold style.

Just out of curiosity, what were you guys' budget for invites? We'll be sending 100+ out - I don't even know where to begin with what kind of budget to have for them. I'm sure my step-mom has a figure planned out in the total budget, but I'm curious myself. :)

These are all so awesome!! We're just now in the process of looking at invitation styles - I know I really like the pocketfold style.

Just out of curiosity, what were you guys' budget for invites? We'll be sending 100+ out - I don't even know where to begin with what kind of budget to have for them. I'm sure my step-mom has a figure planned out in the total budget, but I'm curious myself. :)

For 100 invites I think mine came to 250 dollars....

Hello Everyone! I went with a Wilton DIY invitation kit. (String of Pearls Pocket Invitations.) I added some glittery silver ribbon, a light blue bow, and a shooting star charm to the front of the Pocket folder, and Used MSWord to do the layouts for the inserts. It even let me print all the envelopes. I was soooooo happy with my DIY Invitation experience. I'm having a Disneyland Escape wedding so I only have 24 guests but I really wanted to have quality formal Invitations. Most places I looked to order them were ridiculously expensive for that small a quantity. I bought the invitation kit at Joann's with a coupon for $14. about $5 for the ribbons, and the shooting star charms were $3 on ebay. So, I spent less than $25 (plus about 3 hours total of work) to make 25 invites. Good deal :)

So. here they are.

SANY0031.jpg

That's (from top left going clockwise) Closed front of the Invite, Open invite, back of RSVP envelope, and Addressing on the envelope fronts :)

SANY0032.jpg

And a closeup of the inside of the invite and the little message on the backs of the RSVP envelopes :)

Hey Y'all! I cant remember if I posted my invites or not...:sad2: But I also did them myself. I bought them from Michaels, spent about 100 bucks on them (got 90 invites) and voila! :wizard: They were VERY EASY! I highly suggest them for a budgeting bride! :goodvibes

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0203-1.jpg

IMAG0199-1.jpg

IMAG0200-1.jpg

IMAG0201-1.jpg

IMAG0202-1.jpg

Hope this helps someone down the road! :cutie:

These are ours, I also made some little guide books as most of our guests don't have a clue about WDW, so I wanted to give them an idea of what's there.

Inv6.jpg

Inv2-1.jpg

Inv5.jpg

I absolutely love these!!!!

The colour combo is superb!!!

Torsie did you design these yourself???

Also wondering if you would be willing to share your guide book???

An amazing Disboards member Victoria (vickxo) designed my save the dates and my wedding invite suite. She did a phenomenal job blending star wars, vinylmation and class into a save the date for me. Here is a picture of them.

savethedate.jpg

Thanks Victoria for the amazing design you rock!

Teresa

Princess Sarah, we used the same DIY kit for our invites. I can finally post a pic now!

6420253063_ac5a3bf89b.jpg

6420252589_b1fe53d7b7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts