iPhone 6 battery

Jake

Mouseketeer
does any one know what it cost to replace a battery in a iPhone 6 I did get a price of $55 from an actual place vs someone basements. It that on target.? And for an iPAD quotes $100 to $160.
I really don’t want to spend $800 on a new phone, yet
Thank You

I believe the Apple Store will do it for $29 through the end of this year.

This. I was just in an Apple store getting some help with my iPad. There was a woman sitting across from me who was having issues with the battery in her iPhone 6. It was $29 for her to replace the battery. The fellow helping her said the regular price is $79, but because of the issue Apple had slowing down service on older phones, the cost to her would be $29.

I have an iPhone 6 and I recently got the $29 battery change. I didn’t have to have an appointment, but I did have to leave my phone and come back in two hours to pick it up.

I had this done just last week. Be aware that it does take some time (about a month) to get the replacement.

This is what happened for me: In early Feb, I called Apple Support to ask about the replacement battery. The rep asked me a bunch of questions about behavior, usage, what iOS I was on, etc. Based on my answers, he agreed that it was a battery issue and submitted an order for a new battery and said my local Apple store would call/email when the battery came in, usually 2 weeks for the battery to arrive at the store. From that point I would have 7 days to respond or they would give the battery to someone else.

Fast forward 3+ weeks to late Feb, the Apple store calls and I brought my phone in for the replacement. Arrived at 7pm, left the phone with them while I walked around the mall. They told me to return at 8:40. The phone was ready at 9:15pm. Total cost $29. There were lots of people in the store waiting for battery replacements and it was a little chaotic. YMMV, maybe the store I went to was just pretty busy overall. But life has been pretty good so far with the new battery!

Good luck!

We tried to go the apple store route for my son’s phone but after waiting 4 weeks for the battery to come in, Apple wouldn’t touch it because they said it had signs of water damage. My ex bought it used so it may have come that way but it is fully functional. Anyway the process was a major pain. After waiting 4 weeks for it to come in I had to wait 20 minutes to drop it off and another 20 to pick it up. It’s like going to dmv. I ended up taking it to I-rite (not sure if that’s a chain) and they replaced it in 15 minutes for $60.

You can make an appointment online through the Apple support site. We have one next Monday to replace the battery in DD’s IPhone 6. It’s shutting off at 70%:rolleyes:. They told us it will take two hours so Dh will drop it off before work and pick it up after for her (he works right near the store). We’re in Canada so the replacement cost here is $35.

Hopefully this will get her another year or more out of the phone. She just came off two year contract with it, and she’s paying her own cell bills now, so she can’t afford to be subsidizing another phone.

does any one know what it cost to replace a battery in a iPhone 6 I did get a price of $55 from an actual place vs someone basements. It that on target.? And for an iPAD quotes $100 to $160.
Thank You

I just got mine replaced at the apple store a few weeks ago for $29

I have an order for the $29 battery replacement. It says anywhere from 2-5 weeks for the battery to come in, I am on week 4 now. They say when it arrives (as mentioned above) I have a week to get in there but I do not need an appointment. Hopefully it will come in soon!

I had an iPhone 6 with a cracked screen that was also so warped that the guts were exposed. My sister upgraded to an iPhone 10 so I was going to upgrade her phone with the $29 battery. She told me to forget about my phone.

When I went to upgrade her phone I was told that it needed to be replaced and it would cost me over $300. But the replaced my phone for the $29 battery cost.

Worked for me.

I had an iPhone 6 with a cracked screen that was also so warped that the guts were exposed. My sister upgraded to an iPhone 10 so I was going to upgrade her phone with the $29 battery. She told me to forget about my phone.

When I went to upgrade her phone I was told that it needed to be replaced and it would cost me over $300. But the replaced my phone for the $29 battery cost.

Worked for me.
It’s hit or miss. They wanted me to pay $299.

Thank You

My wife's battery in her Ipad needed to be replaced. Took it to the Apple store and they gave us a refurbished Ipad (took the old one but they made sure it was wiped clean of data first) for the price of the battery. Was told that the Apple stores do not have the capability of changing IPad batteries. So if you do need one for an IPad be sure to back it up first as you don;t get it back.

Also a good idea to back up a phone first too just in case.

This is what happened to me too. My battery has been gradually slowing down and the battery hasn't been holding charge as well for the last week. I talked to them last week and they told me it would be 2-5 weeks for mine too. Honestly, that seems a little ridiculous to me since I live in a big city with multiple Apple stores, but I don't want to risk dealing with someone unapproved or that charges more.
I have an order for the $29 battery replacement. It says anywhere from 2-5 weeks for the battery to come in, I am on week 4 now. They say when it arrives (as mentioned above) I have a week to get in there but I do not need an appointment. Hopefully it will come in soon!

If they caused the issue then Apple should replace it for free in my opinion.
:rotfl2:... you aren't in the Apple eco-system are you? They lure you in with fancy, easy to use phones and then break them in new ways every time they release an update. Always, consistently, year after year. And yet I return for more pain and punishment because it's so easy to use and switching out of the Apple Ecosystem seems like such a pain...

My brother told me Best Buy did his $29 replacement. Anyone else tried Best Buy? He backed up his phone before going so don't forget to do that if you try this.

:rotfl2:... you aren't in the Apple eco-system are you? T
They are a company that sure seems to get a pass in this country. People complain about Walmart when Apple pays their third world employees pennies, out sources thousands of American jobs and takes all kinds of creative tax loopholes yet people seem to worship at the feet of the Apple.

My brother told me Best Buy did his $29 replacement. Anyone else tried Best Buy? He backed up his phone before going so don't forget to do that if you try this.
When I called to get the replacement I could choose either the Apple Store or Best Buy. Both of these stores are right next to each other for me so I just went with Apple although as the conversation went along I was thinking I probably should have chosen Best Buy. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks for me!

If they caused the issue then Apple should replace it for free in my opinion.

There wasnt an issue, but it was more of Apple slowing your device down so to "better" your battery life. It makes sense in a way but the problem was that it shouldnt be up to Apple to make that decision, it should be the consumers.

My wife's battery in her Ipad needed to be replaced. Took it to the Apple store and they gave us a refurbished Ipad (took the old one but they made sure it was wiped clean of data first) for the price of the battery. Was told that the Apple stores do not have the capability of changing IPad batteries. So if you do need one for an IPad be sure to back it up first as you don;t get it back.

Also a good idea to back up a phone first too just in case.

I had asked about iPad repairs. I was told that because the iPad Screens are super thin. So no matter how you pull off the screens, it will crack. So even if its just a battery replacement, a new screen needs to be installed as well.

heh, i wouldnt dare send my device into Best Buy... lol. LINK

When I called to get the replacement I could choose either the Apple Store or Best Buy. Both of these stores are right next to each other for me so I just went with Apple although as the conversation went along I was thinking I probably should have chosen Best Buy. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks for me!

which iPhone do u have? I heard the bigger screen iPhone batteries are a lot more scarce than the regular sized one. I actually had 2 iPhone 6 battery replaced after making a chat with them. it took around 3 weeks.

I made an appointment at the Apple store online. For a week (first week of Jan 2018) I could not get any appointment. I'd wake up early and try. Then all of a sudden I had my choice of tons of dates. I didn't find that calling them directly worked very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter