iPhone 6 battery

which iPhone do u have? I heard the bigger screen iPhone batteries are a lot more scarce than the regular sized one. I actually had 2 iPhone 6 battery replaced after making a chat with them. it took around 3 weeks.
I have an iPhone 6.

Reading this thread makes me realize I was super lucky. I just went to the Apple Store with no appointment and told them I would like a batter replacement - they sent me a line with about 5 other people waiting for batteries and I got mine that day. I had no idea people were waiting weeks for them.

Reading this thread makes me realize I was super lucky. I just went to the Apple Store with no appointment and told them I would like a batter replacement - they sent me a line with about 5 other people waiting for batteries and I got mine that day. I had no idea people were waiting weeks for them.
I wish! I went to the store and was told I had to do it online (which I had already started to do but got frustrated because I was on hold for soo long that I hung up). The second time wasn't nearly as bad but I am still waiting.

I sent an email because my 5 weeks were up, I didn't get a direct response but one hour later I got an email saying my battery was in hmmmmmmm. Anyway, even though when I first spoke to them about the battery they said I would not need an appointment when it came in, the email said to call and I have an appointment tomorrow. I updated my phone and backed it up so I should be good to go for tomorrow. Looking forward to not having to worry about the battery anymore (not that it really owes me anything since I have had the phone for years).

The day before dd’s appointment her phone got even worse and was barely holding a charge. We got it to the store, dropped it off for appointment and left. My husband got a call an hour later saying they cant get it to power on at all, and they won’t replace the battery in that condition in case the battery isn’t the only issue. They have to be able to run diagnostics. DH said that it was turned on when I gave it to you.. they said it won’t now. Ok fine.. we’re frustrated because we know it’s the battery but Dh goes and picks it up anyway. He brings it home, hands it to me.. and I turn it on just fine. Again, it needs to be plugged in right away but it’s usable for diagnostics. We used an Apple authorized dealer not the Apple store. I wonder if that would have made a difference. We even said that we would pay to replace the battery and if that wasn’t the only issue we understood we would be out the money. Nope.. they wouldn’t do it.
Regardless dd got a new (used) phone from family friends and we’re done with it for now.

Long story short, I got a new phone instead of a battery replacement. In retrospect, disabling an app actually fixed the problem, but hey... new phone.

My battery was not holding up well at all, (not knowing that it was an app or combo of apps that was draining my battery) so I decided to get in on the 29 dollar battery replacement deal. I jumped trough the hoops (going to the website, ended up calling and getting a callback). They said it would be 3-5 weeks before I got a battery. Fast forward 3-5 weeks I got an email and a call saying my battery was in and ready to be replaced. They shipped my battery to the wrong city... wrong state in fact. They suggested that I drive to the other place and get it done. I was like... NO. We went back and forth on the phone for like an hour and a half. Finally, I threw enough of a fit that they sent me a new phone. I had to send in my old one, and had to put a hold on my CC til they received it. I went for it, and the charge dropped off my card. No problems. To make the deal better.... I was not even charged the $29.

I had an iPhone 6 and a 6s that needed new batteries. I went thru the steps online and on the phone with Apple to get new batteries. The iPhone 6 battery arrived at the Apple store in 2 days, I’m still waiting on the 6s (it’s been about 3 weeks). They said they have a shortage of batteries for the 6s since it was so popular and no longer in production.

They initially offered Best Buy as an option to do the repairs but I called Best Buy directly and they said they were not authorized in my area to do the work. I suspect only areas with no local Apple store are allowing Best Buy’s to do the $29 battery repairs.

Kind of related, but Samsung has ads in the US for the Galaxy S9 mocking the iPhone 6 for its battery problems. All I can say is that it's highly deceptive.

It starts off with the protagonist with her iPhone 6 where it can't bring up her mobile boarding passes while she's at an airport. It shows a completely white screen other than the time and wireless bars, which I have never, ever seen before until it finally comes up and the agent yells at her for holding up the line. Then at an Apple Store she talks to an employee who looks like a real slob and whose only answers are that she can either upgrade or turn of "performance management". Then outside she sees a father and son both with hair resembling the notch on an iPhone X. Not sure what that has to do anything other than a cheap shot at Apple's industrial design.

That's just horrendously deceptive, because the first thing an Apple employee would suggest is taking advantage of their $29 battery replacement promotion.

The comments attached to this video on YouTube include a lot of people pointing out stuff such as the battery change taking care of the issue, along with it being a really bad comparison of a 4 year old device to one from Samsung that's only been out a few months. I'm somewhat surprise that Samsung USA didn't have those comments censored.

Kind of related, but Samsung has ads in the US for the Galaxy S9 mocking the iPhone 6 for its battery problems. All I can say is that it's highly deceptive.

It starts off with the protagonist with her iPhone 6 where it can't bring up her mobile boarding passes while she's at an airport. It shows a completely white screen other than the time and wireless bars, which I have never, ever seen before until it finally comes up and the agent yells at her for holding up the line. Then at an Apple Store she talks to an employee who looks like a real slob and whose only answers are that she can either upgrade or turn of "performance management". Then outside she sees a father and son both with hair resembling the notch on an iPhone X. Not sure what that has to do anything other than a cheap shot at Apple's industrial design.

That's just horrendously deceptive, because the first thing an Apple employee would suggest is taking advantage of their $29 battery replacement promotion.

The comments attached to this video on YouTube include a lot of people pointing out stuff such as the battery change taking care of the issue, along with it being a really bad comparison of a 4 year old device to one from Samsung that's only been out a few months. I'm somewhat surprise that Samsung USA didn't have those comments censored.

haha, apple should come back and be like... slow iphone? or exploding Note 7. :P

I have an order for the $29 battery replacement. It says anywhere from 2-5 weeks for the battery to come in, I am on week 4 now. They say when it arrives (as mentioned above) I have a week to get in there but I do not need an appointment. Hopefully it will come in soon!

That is crazy- I had batteries replaced in 2 phones this year and we make an appointment at the apple store (usually for the next day or 2)- go in and they test the phone and make sure it needs a battery- we leave the phone right there and pick it up in 2 hours. I never heard of having to wait for a battery to come in. I replaced on in NY and one in Boston and both the same thing-2 hours and done.

That is crazy- I had batteries replaced in 2 phones this year and we make an appointment at the apple store (usually for the next day or 2)- go in and they test the phone and make sure it needs a battery- we leave the phone right there and pick it up in 2 hours. I never heard of having to wait for a battery to come in. I replaced on in NY and one in Boston and both the same thing-2 hours and done.
I waited over 4 weeks. It’s a ridiculously process.

I waited the full 5 weeks then I sent an email because I hadn't heard anything. Within about an hour of sending the email I received a notification that my battery was in. Then I went in and did as you mention, they tested my phone to confirm the only diagnostic problem was the battery and they gave me a return time to pick up my phone. I had gone in initially and they told me I had to put in my request online, there was nothing they could do until the battery was ordered via the online process.

All is well that ends well though, my phone is running perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!