Iron-On Design Help!

marciamia

Earning My Ears
hi everyone! I’m new here and this is my first post so bear with me :)

I’m a single mom to a spunky 8 year old boy. I’ve finally saved enough money to surprise him with a trip to Disney World for Christmas from Santa ;)

I am trying to budget as best as I can and I was wanting to make the both of us iron-on shirts, instead of buying them off Etsy as they’re more pricey.

Do you need special software to get the graphics off of? Is anyone willing to help with some design ideas I have?

TIA!!!

I have yet to actually heat transfer my designs on the shirt, but I found that you need special paper to print on (inkjet printers work best, so I'm told). You need a different paper depending if you are printing on dark shirts or light shirts. I found a package with both at my local Michael's. I used a 50% coupon that was emailed me to get the paper for about $7.50. I ordered my designs from Etsy, so can't help there.

Thanks for responding! I definitely know about the the special paper that’s needed. What brought this on was because a friend of mine needed my printer to print out her designs for a trip her family was taking so I thought “hmm, I wonder if I can save myself some money and do it this way” lol. I just don’t want my images to be blurry or pixelated so I wasn’t sure if there was a special software that needed to be used to make the graphics. Do you know if they need to be a special file type?

One of our designs turned out great on the paper the other design wasn't as sharp as I'd hoped. The good design was on paper for light shirts and the other design was dark shirts so I'm not sure if it was the paper or not. I bought the designs from etsy so not sure if a special file is needed but I don't think so. My package of paper had instructions on how to make your own design

Jpeg or png will work. You just need to make sure that it's a larger size, and a good and clear image. A small size file will look blurry and pixelated.

I just make designs using iPad apps. It's not that hard to do. The apps I use most are ArtStudio, Phonto, and Juxtaposer, and I enhance Disney clip art that can be found on line.

http://wondersofdisney.webs.com/pals/minnie/minnieheads.htm

I have never actually done the iron on part myself though. I just use Artscow to print the shirt after I design it.

I know this is past your trip, however, for future help, Amy who designs on here as well, sells awesome
transfer sheets and they can be used on any color tee shirt and they always turn out perfect.
She sends instructions with the transfers. I use them for any shirt I make and I have made many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter