Is 2003 Vacation Planning Video worth it?

PrincessEilonwy

Earning My Ears
I ordered the 100 years of magic one last year and I watched it *several* times before I went (everyone morning the week of the trip). I was just wondering if Disney will "let me" order one for 2003 if they see in the records I was just there last year? Has anyone seen this year's planning video? Any thoughts?

Yes they will let you order a 2003. I actually go 2 2002 videos and also a 2003 video. If you liked watching the other one ......definitely order the 2003 one.

If you have a DVD player request a DVD. They are awsome. We have 2000, 2001, 2002 VHS and 2003 DVD. My DS4 likes to watch them over and over if I would let him.

I ordered it before I saw they had it on DVD. So, I have the VHS and the DVD!

Order it...I love the DVD.

Lisajl

Just so you know I ordered the DVD and got the VHS. They must of ran out at the time so don't be surprised if you get one.

How long does it usually take to receive your DVD. I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago and still haven't received it. We are leaving in only 2 weeks and I would love to see it before we go.

I really like this years video, I think. (see below) I opted for the DVD and am very impressed. It has everything about the resorts, including room layouts. DS got hooked on looking at them and picking out his next room that I had to actually yell at him to turn it off and go to bed. I haven't had a chance to sit down and really watch it, but whenever something he liked came on, he did the "Look Mom!" and I watched for a minute or two. BTW, DS is 13 and loves Disney. We are going in two weeks and he doesn't know it, so this will be great when I tell him next Sat. We have all of the videos from 1999 on up and Disney has never refused to send us a new one.

How were you able to get a DVD? I was just online at WDW's site and there was no choice between video and DVD - did you order it from somewhere else?:confused:

I ordered the DVD from disneyworld.com- they had a drop down menu to choose between VHS and DVD. It took just about 4 weeks to get here.

I ordered the VHS with the "preschooler kit" and also received the DVD today. While I like the extra features on the DVD, the quality just wasn't there (but I'm still glad I finally got it!)

And don't worry, I also have last years too, Disney will let you order it...

Of couse they will let you order another one... I have at least 10 of each video since '99. I'm a fanatic hehe. They don't care how many you order. For all they know, your giving them to friends, which I been doing anyway. Order as many as you want hehe. They might care with the DVD's though. I only got one from them, but DVD disks are VERY expensive. Cya

I can't find a DVD option! Am I doing something wrong?

Do you just go to "trip planning info" at WaltDisneyWorld.com? If so- I filled out the info too, but didn't see a DVD/VHS option- I don't even HAVE a vcr anymore!! Help!:D

I don't see it anymore either...maybe they ran out of them? Or they are redoing them? It is very odd, because I know I saw it before (duh, or I wouldn't have the DVD...)

Very odd indeed...:eek:

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago in DVD format and my family loved it. This is our first trip to WDW and this is just what we needed to get a sneak preview!

I am trying to plan our families first trip to Disney and have ordered the travel planning video twice but have not received anything yet (has been 2 months since the first an 1 month since the second). I did not see a DVD option either time. Am I the only one who has ordered and not gotten anything?:confused:

I ordered mine over a month ago. We are leaving on Saturday and I really wanted to have it before we went. We have last years VHS but I ordered 2003 DVD!!!!

I ordered the video a few months ago. I also thought it was never coming and ordered another. I did receive both, but it took a long time -- I can't remember exactly, but I'm thinking it was around 6 weeks.

We did enjoy watching it though. We've actually watched it a couple of times, but will probably enjoy it more when the time for our trip is closer. It's almost a little depressing to watch, get all excited, and then think about how LONG you have to wait!:p

Originally posted by safekids
I ordered mine over a month ago. We are leaving on Saturday and I really wanted to have it before we went. We have last years VHS but I ordered 2003 DVD!!!!

Update! I received my DVD yesterday. It took about 5 weeks. It is much better than the VHS.

I emailed WDW customer service via the web site after filling out the form that had no place to enter DVD. They responded the next day saying the DVD would be here in about 4 weeks- maybe you should try emailing them with your request. Good Luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter