• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a week to long of a stay in Vegas?

jgorman9

Crazy about Goofy!
We are planning on going to Las Vegas in early June. We will have siz full days. How many days does it take to do all of the kid friendly stuff such as the lion habitat, king tuts museum, shark reef, M&M's factory, dolphin habitat, Madame Tussaud's, Circus Circus, Fremont Street, and Hover Dam? We plan on trying to see each hotel, some swimming and maybe a couple of shows. Will we be able to do everything in 3-4 days? I am wondering if we should extend our vacation by a couple more days and spend 3 or 4 days in Vegas and then antoher 3-4 days at Disneyland.

Love Vegas, You could def. stay a week and not get bored. Lots to do (never went with children) In Vegas you have to remember that even though everything seems very close together it takes time to get from one place to another so I wouldn't pack too much in any one day.

The things you mentioned you would like to do would never fit in 3-4 days, unless you only wanted to spend 10 min. at each and then you would never get time to visit all the hotels! If you can - spend the week.

Been there dozens of times, ask any questions you want, happy to answer.

We stayed five days on our first trip and did all those things. We flew in but rented a car for a day and drove out to Red Rock Canyon in the afternoon. It's just gorgeous there. I can't wait to get back. Then hit the RIO which is a great hotel with an awesome seafood buffet.
Angie_OH

All of those things mentioned can easily be fit into 3 days. have any questions feel free to ask a vegas local.

Instead of a 4 hour drive to California, I would reccomend a 2 hour drive into Souther Utah and spend the day at Zion National park. :thumbsup2 , there

Red Rock is also vey nice but in June I suggest you go early in the morning.

There is also the Leid Discovey museum which is great fun for kids. Or take a drive to lake las vegas on evening, they usually show movies out on the lawn on summer evenings. It's fun to take a picnic and go watch the movie under the stars.

We have stayed for 5 nights in the past and loved it. This August we are staying for 7 nights at the Bellagio. We don't really gamble (our joint buget for 7 nights is $500!!) but we love to see shows, look at all the hotels, shop, have a relax and swim, go to the Hoover Dam, helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon, drive out to Red Rock Canyon, ride the coasters etc.

I would spend a little more than 3-4 days in Vegas to do all of that stuff. It could be done, but it would be pretty exhausting, and you wouldn't really have time to relax and go swimming or other stuff like that. Heck, when my family goes we spend a whole day just at the Adventuredome in Circus, Circus. I played laser tag over 20 times in a row!

Instead of a 4 hour drive to California, I would reccomend a 2 hour drive into Souther Utah and spend the day at Zion National park. :thumbsup2 , there

Red Rock is also vey nice but in June I suggest you go early in the morning.

There is also the Leid Discovey museum which is great fun for kids. Or take a drive to lake las vegas on evening, they usually show movies out on the lawn on summer evenings. It's fun to take a picnic and go watch the movie under the stars.

I want to second Zion, except that I would suggest having at least 2 full days there. (That may mean 3 nights - check out of LV hotel, drive to Springdale (sightseeing on the way, stay three nights and drive back to LV airport and head home). There are many h/motels in Springdale to select from and the town is immediately outside the park.

We are planning on going to Las Vegas in early June. We will have siz full days. How many days does it take to do all of the kid friendly stuff such as the lion habitat, king tuts museum, shark reef, M&M's factory, dolphin habitat, Madame Tussaud's, Circus Circus, Fremont Street, and Hover Dam? We plan on trying to see each hotel, some swimming and maybe a couple of shows. Will we be able to do everything in 3-4 days? I am wondering if we should extend our vacation by a couple more days and spend 3 or 4 days in Vegas and then antoher 3-4 days at Disneyland.

All this depends on your travel style. If you don't mind moving fast and getting things done quickly then you can fit a lot in to a short time. If on the other hand you'd rather take it slow and spend some time just chillin by the pool, then obviously you'll need more time.

I'm local, but used to take many trips here. I have four kids, and once we did spend a week here. It was fun and we were never bored.

Some things won't take much time at all, like the Lion Habitat, M&M World, Fremont Street, etc.

And others can take hours or even all day like Shark Reef, Adventure Dome, Hoover Dam.

If you are planning all that and sight seeing at each hotel, swimming and some shows, I'd say a week would be about right. Remember when it's hotter, you need to pace yourself especially if you aren't used to the heat. It can be draining.

Someone else mentioned Red Rock which is also very nice. We live not far from it, I can see parts of it from my upstairs room. But in June it would be hot, so early morning is best.

If you do decide to try to do Disney as well, you'd definitely have to cut some things from your list to try to fit it all in.
Good luck and have fun planning!

I think 3-4 days should be enough. Although, it will be hot so you might tire out easily. Have fun!

I took my 11 year old to Vegas in Jan for 6 days and it was a good amount of time to see everything I wanted her to see :)

We did all the tourist stuff and took in a couple of shows plus the Hannah Montana concert. I did not want to be rushed, we also got in a day of shopping at the outlets :)

Have a great trip!

OMG- We were there the same week in Jan. Did you see Hanna @ MGM? There were so many kids there that week.

We stayed for 6 nights once and that was way to long for us!! Vegas for sure to us is just an 3-4 nights trip!!!

That just means we need to go out there more often haha

:cheer2: I'm in Vegas for a week every January primarily for the Miss America Pageant at Planet Hollywood and this year I was there again in April for the Miss USA Pageant for a week ... I never run out of things to do ... I never get bored ... I can't imagine a time when I won't look forward to going back! :cheer2:

We were in Vegas with 2 kids last spring break for 3 1/2 days and it was definitely NOT enough time there..cant wait to get back! We did go to Zion from there and LOVED LOVED LOVED that..will do that again also.

I see your TOONFEST photo in your signature..we were there! Waiting (IM)patiently to hear where it will be this summer so we can go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter