Is BBB / Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique REALLY worth it?

Ours washed right out when we were ready. I seem to remember reading here that some kids with very blonde hair had trouble, but my DD with light brown hair did fine. It lasted all day and might have gone a 2nd day but she was getting tired of having it pulled up. Even the glitter stayed put!
super cool. thanks

We liked it. Did not find it to be a waste of time over doing more rides... for the 2 hours it takes, it costs the time of what... 2 rides? And only DW and DD did it, me and the boys went on... a couple rides. :) They did not seem to mind missing the rides one bit -- it was a highlight of the day, not a lost opportunity. It's very Disney to me. It's pretending to be princesses and pirates, and it's complete immersion w several cast members that make your DD feel amazing. Definitely added to the overall experience of the trip. Wouldn't say it's necessarily a must-do, pending budget and stuff, but if you'd swing the $100 or whatever for an overpriced meal, this is at least as worth it as that, comparatively. Given everything is expensive there.

We did the highest package when granddaughter was 4. It was wonderful. She choose to be Cinderella & that night we had dinner upstairs in the Castle. There were lots of other princesses at the Royal Table. Really, I can't wait to go back & do it again. BTW, the guys all went on their merry way while we were in the BBB, but we stayed right there for every step! :lovestruc

Not sure how you feel about hair and makeup, but could you try to recreate the same experience? Call her princess? Ask her to sit on the throne while you put the glitter on her? Maybe have dad bring her royal soda/juice? Decorate the hotel bathroom?

Not sure how you feel about hair and makeup, but could you try to recreate the same experience? Call her princess? Ask her to sit on the throne while you put the glitter on her? Maybe have dad bring her royal soda/juice? Decorate the hotel bathroom?
I like this thought. I can't decide if we'd rather splurge on Cindy's table or BBB. I keep going back and forth.

We just did it March 3... My 7yo girl LOVED this... It made her feel awesome. We got the castle package and she was giddy all day long... Here is what she looked like in her photo shoot.

f83280e0106418572c8333468b5537db6f6150a4.jpg

Sorry if it is huge :(

Trying to decide if we want to do this with my two daughters (5 and super uber girlie and 7 not so much).

I know I can bring my own costumes and purchase the cheapest package, but even still, for two that's going to be a lot for us -- in addition to all the other fun stuff we want to accomplish while on property.

I have read that it takes 2 hours. I have read that BBB is utter chaos in the MK location. What say you? Worth it or skip it?

My twin daughters did it last summer. They were 9. They liked the experience and it was something they begged to do. We paired it with a CRT lunch which worked out well. We brought our own costumes and they wore them to the park. We purchased the Castle package I believe (the middle one) with the tiara/princess hairstyle.

For us, it's a once and done experience. I'm glad we did it, the photos are great, they liked how they looked afterwards and got lots of compliments. They liked being dressed up for CRT. However, it isn't something they want to do again. Some of the downsides - both of them said the hair styles hurt and they pulled them out within an hour. One of my daughters thought her fairy godmother in training ignored her and that her sister had a better one. Sigh... The entire experience took about an hour, but we did arrive about 15-20 minutes before our appointment. Chaos? Maybe a little. I noticed a few tantrums and a couple of girls crying. They seemed super little, maybe 3 or 4. I think that unless your daughters really, really want to do it, don't sweat it. There are some other great options that are a little less intense and cheaper - Harmony Barber Shop, Pirate's League, or even just wearing Princess dresses to the park! This year, we are planning to try the Pirates League for Mermaid makeovers. However, if your girls want to do it, why not? It's not that expensive compared to everything else at Disney and they will have wonderful photo keepsakes.

She's beautiful! I'm being persuaded.
We just did it March 3... My 7yo girl LOVED this... It made her feel awesome. We got the castle package and she was giddy all day long... Here is what she looked like in her photo shoot.

f83280e0106418572c8333468b5537db6f6150a4.jpg

Sorry if it is huge :(

Great info. Thank you.
The entire experience took about an hour, but we did arrive about 15-20 minutes before our appointment. Chaos? Maybe a little. I noticed a few tantrums and a couple of girls crying. They seemed super little, maybe 3 or 4.

we did it for our granddaughter twice. we went to dtd both times. the first time she was 7 and had no idea she was going, didn't know what it was or that it was there. when I took her hand and walked to the check in podium she was paying no attention to me talking to the hostess, she was so busy peeking into the salon. her eyes were so big and you could see on her face that she wished she got to be one of those girls. it wasn't until the hostess said 'princess mia, would you like to pick out your costume?' that she understood what was happening and the face was priceless. worth every penny. she had a tough time deciding what costume she wanted, ended up picking the jasmine one. she said jasmine must have been very rich because look at all the money on the cloths, lol. she was in awe the whole time and felt so special. I can't explain it, you just have to see it happen to understand. they do a great job with the fairy godmother in training ladies. the salon is a fairy tale all on its own. there is a photographer who wanders around taking pictures if you have the photo pass (is it called memory maker now?) or you can take your own pictures.
her appointment was in the morning and then we caught a bus back to the hotel to drop off her bag of goodies (they give you the makeup and polish and a few other things) and when we boarded the bus there was an announcement, one of the pre recorded ones, that said 'ladies and gentlemen, please be on your best behaviour, a princess has just boarded the bus'. she could not have had a bigger smile. after dropping off the items we went to the magic kingdom and she got royal treatment all day.
was it worth the money?? YES!! was it worth the money the next time?? YES!! if you can afford to do it, do it. you will be just as excited as your daughters.

we did it for our granddaughter twice. we went to dtd both times. the first time she was 7 and had no idea she was going, didn't know what it was or that it was there. when I took her hand and walked to the check in podium she was paying no attention to me talking to the hostess, she was so busy peeking into the salon. her eyes were so big and you could see on her face that she wished she got to be one of those girls. it wasn't until the hostess said 'princess mia, would you like to pick out your costume?' that she understood what was happening and the face was priceless. worth every penny. she had a tough time deciding what costume she wanted, ended up picking the jasmine one. she said jasmine must have been very rich because look at all the money on the cloths, lol. she was in awe the whole time and felt so special. I can't explain it, you just have to see it happen to understand. they do a great job with the fairy godmother in training ladies. the salon is a fairy tale all on its own. there is a photographer who wanders around taking pictures if you have the photo pass (is it called memory maker now?) or you can take your own pictures.
her appointment was in the morning and then we caught a bus back to the hotel to drop off her bag of goodies (they give you the makeup and polish and a few other things) and when we boarded the bus there was an announcement, one of the pre recorded ones, that said 'ladies and gentlemen, please be on your best behaviour, a princess has just boarded the bus'. she could not have had a bigger smile. after dropping off the items we went to the magic kingdom and she got royal treatment all day.
was it worth the money?? YES!! was it worth the money the next time?? YES!! if you can afford to do it, do it. you will be just as excited as your daughters.

This is EXACTLY how to describe my daughter.. worth every penny to see that face :)

this is so so so sweet! aw! Ok you guys are totally selling me.

We have done it twice and plan for a third time during our upcoming August visit. We have always done the MK location. We were in and out in an hour or less both times. We had CRT lunch immediately following BBB the first two times and will be skipping the lunch on our upcoming visit. If you have a lunch reservation you can mention it at BBB check in so that they know your time constraints. The first time I brought a Disney Store princess dress with us. The second time DD felt she was “too old” for the Disney princess costume so we brought a beautiful fancy dress with us and she wore that. For our upcoming trip my DD informed me that she was too old to dress up at all but that should would like to get her hair done at BBB. So we are doing it. We have always done the least expensive package and as far as I can tell my DD never felt that to be a problem. If you do buy the package where you pick a costume you need to be prepared that sometimes BBB doesn’t have the costume you want in your size. You really do get great pics, and if you do the memory maker you wind up with a ton of photos from BBB, usually a few from each stage in the process. In addition to the photos taken at BBB there are two photo shoot locations you can go to and even basic package princesses can get their photos taken, at least this is how it worked the last time we went. The transformation pictures when the girls are given their first look in the mirror are wonderful for seeing the expressions of joy. My DD has been able to keep the hairstyle in for several days but she does take off the crown and hair clip at night and we try to put it back in the next day. You can ask that they not make the bun “too tight” and that can help if you are concerned that the hairdo will be uncomfortable. Also, plan for the BBB to be done on a day when you are not planning to have pool time as the pool will hasten the demise of the hairdo.

We did the BBB at MK last Labor Day for my daughters 6th birthday. She is very girly and loves the princesses. I had bought her a nice Sleeping Beauty dress and shoes from the Disney Store earlier in the year on sale and let her wear it the day we went to MK. We had an early appointment- 8:00 or 8:15 I believe, and as we were walking down Main Street, we surprised her and told her she was going to get a princess makeover and then eating breakfast at CRT. She was so excited, running and screaming "this is the best day ever!" Exactly the kind of reaction you want!
We checked in, and while there was a small line and things were slightly chaotic at the entrance because it is small, but we were seated right away. The whole process took maybe an hour?
She LOVED it! She loves feeling special and pampered. It was so cute inside with all the little girls getting all done up!
She did get a lot of attention afterwards when we walked around the park, but not really much more than any other girl in a princess costume I would imagine.
Since we had the dress already, we went with one of the cheapest packages that is hair, makeup, and nails, and it maybe came to $50? Totally worth it in my opinion! I don't think I would ever pay the price for the higher packages.
We also just did Pirates League (see avatar pic) last week, and she chose the mermaid package. That was cute too! I asked her which one she would like to do again this year for her birthday and she chose BBB again.

Good luck in your choice! Maybe you could give the girls some options and let them choose?

There is a nice BBB info thread somewhere on the Theme Parks attractions forum where you can also get more insight on this; but I think when you are really on the fence about something that it is a good idea to try it at least once to be able to decide for yourself if it is really worth it or not. We have been to WDW twice and even though I would have liked for my girls to try BBB, my girls have not done it because my oldest always had her hair professionally braided before both trips so she wouldn't be able to get the hair part done (which I think is the essential part of the BBB experience), and my middle DD flat out refused to get any sort of makeovers done period (she is our spitfire) :laughing:. Chances are we'll probably revisit the idea of trying BBB once our toddler DD is old enough. My oldest DD did the mermaid makeover at the Pirates League on our last trip though and she really enjoyed it and the entire PL experience there. For the makeover she got a color changing hair clip, necklace, and sash in addition to getting the face makeup and her nails done. I think this is a very popular package as there were several other girls getting this particular makeover done while we were in there; but your daughters are definitely not limited to the mermaid package, they can choose the empress package or even one of the other pirate makeover packages if they want. I like that there is no age limit at the Pirates League and their prices are reasonable too.

wow so many great tips. Thank you.
We have done it twice and plan for a third time during our upcoming August visit. We have always done the MK location. We were in and out in an hour or less both times. We had CRT lunch immediately following BBB the first two times and will be skipping the lunch on our upcoming visit. If you have a lunch reservation you can mention it at BBB check in so that they know your time constraints. The first time I brought a Disney Store princess dress with us. The second time DD felt she was “too old” for the Disney princess costume so we brought a beautiful fancy dress with us and she wore that. For our upcoming trip my DD informed me that she was too old to dress up at all but that should would like to get her hair done at BBB. So we are doing it. We have always done the least expensive package and as far as I can tell my DD never felt that to be a problem. If you do buy the package where you pick a costume you need to be prepared that sometimes BBB doesn’t have the costume you want in your size. You really do get great pics, and if you do the memory maker you wind up with a ton of photos from BBB, usually a few from each stage in the process. In addition to the photos taken at BBB there are two photo shoot locations you can go to and even basic package princesses can get their photos taken, at least this is how it worked the last time we went. The transformation pictures when the girls are given their first look in the mirror are wonderful for seeing the expressions of joy. My DD has been able to keep the hairstyle in for several days but she does take off the crown and hair clip at night and we try to put it back in the next day. You can ask that they not make the bun “too tight” and that can help if you are concerned that the hairdo will be uncomfortable. Also, plan for the BBB to be done on a day when you are not planning to have pool time as the pool will hasten the demise of the hairdo.

FSUDisney -- love your name! :love: Go Noles!

We did the BBB at MK last Labor Day for my daughters 6th birthday. She is very girly and loves the princesses. I had bought her a nice Sleeping Beauty dress and shoes from the Disney Store earlier in the year on sale and let her wear it the day we went to MK. We had an early appointment- 8:00 or 8:15 I believe, and as we were walking down Main Street, we surprised her and told her she was going to get a princess makeover and then eating breakfast at CRT. She was so excited, running and screaming "this is the best day ever!" Exactly the kind of reaction you want!
We checked in, and while there was a small line and things were slightly chaotic at the entrance because it is small, but we were seated right away. The whole process took maybe an hour?
She LOVED it! She loves feeling special and pampered. It was so cute inside with all the little girls getting all done up!
She did get a lot of attention afterwards when we walked around the park, but not really much more than any other girl in a princess costume I would imagine.
Since we had the dress already, we went with one of the cheapest packages that is hair, makeup, and nails, and it maybe came to $50? Totally worth it in my opinion! I don't think I would ever pay the price for the higher packages.
We also just did Pirates League (see avatar pic) last week, and she chose the mermaid package. That was cute too! I asked her which one she would like to do again this year for her birthday and she chose BBB again.

Good luck in your choice! Maybe you could give the girls some options and let them choose?

We have it booked for next month. I had NO intention of ever booking it. My daughter is not really into the princesses, she enjoys the movies, but not so much dressing up, or meeting them. She does love to get pampered. I have decided to book it this trip b/c EVERY time we walk by going through the castle she asks if she can do it. I love the idea of Pirates League, but I can't get past her asking EVERY trip, EVERY time. She's 7 now, so this will probably be a one & done. She doesn't even want to bring a dress to wear so we'll probably get the basic package. She also complains of the costumes being itchy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!