Is BBB worth it?

audrianna890

Even miracles take a little time...
So originally, when my daughter was an infant, I was all gung-ho to do BBB with her as soon as she was old enough. But I never did - one, because she had no hair until like a year ago (LOL) and two, because I get her gowns from Etsy and they're super good quality, and I just didn't feel the need to take her.

But our last visit, we were in line to meet Princesses and a BBB Princess got to go in through the side door. My daughter said, "I want to go through that shortcut." To which I, chuckling, replied "That's a $200 shortcut." But she was serious...and not just about the shorter line.

So my question is - is it really worth it? We'll be celebrating her birthday on November 22nd (her actual b day is November 7th and we normally would have gone on the day, but we're doing Thanksgiving at DLH this year, so condensing!) and I'll do it if you all recommend it.

We've done the Anna and Elsa boutique twice (but now it's sadly RIP), and we did BBB on our cruise. We've always brought our own dress and just done the hair/makeup. My daughter (4) loooooves the makeover and always keeps the hair in for two days, and she asks for us to put the make-up on her from the little pallet for weeks afterward. She adores it. So for us, it's worth it. It wouldn't be if she didn't care so much (many of her friends wouldn't; I know them well and they'd be bored or annoyed!)

Now that the Anna and Elsa boutique is gone, I'm going to have a hard time swallowing the BBB price tag, but I probably will because how many birthdays are left where she'll be so excited to have this happen?

Yes and no, it is a silly amount really even if you just do the hair and make up part.
But seriously Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique were the 1st words I said when I found out we were having a girl.

We have put a limit on 3 times. Our oldest did it when she was 3, 4.5 and 6. Middle has done it 3 times at about the same ages and the youngest has just had her 1st time.

So yes I would think it’s worth doing once, even if you never do it again I don’t think you will regret doing it once

I vote for doing it at least once in her life. The days when she will even care about stuff like this are so short. Take your own gown, take lots of photos, and make some great memories.

We were going to do it this trip as its for my YDD 3rd bday so for her and my ODD who is 9 but I think we've decided to wait till we go in summer 2019 instead. She will be 4.5 and get more out of it, this time I doubt she'd sit long enough lol and it will be a one time this more then likely

My daughter actually her preferred Anna and Elsa experience but that one is gone unfortunately. :guilty: This one we’d definitely do again if it was available.

We did BBB in WDW and while I’m glad we did it once, we probably won’t do it again. We did the cheaper package and brought our own gown. It’s worth doing once but I don’t think I’d spring for the full package. My daughter didn’t even notice that her gown was different, and was very happy with her makeover.

I've never taken either of my daughters, and, although the older one mentioned it this last time, neither has really pushed hard to get to go. They wear their dresses in the parks. (Generally Little Adventures dresses.) But neither really enjoys getting their hair done anyway, so we've never done it. Plus, I'd rather spend the money on a character meal with the princesses than on a hairstyle. So, for us, no it's not.

Well, I think I might give it a try. I totally get what your saying - those who don't/won't do it - though.

I like the idea of a cap on the amount of times each kid gets. That way you won't be so inclined to blow through them quickly.

Does anyone know if all the packages come with the princess meet and greet at the end?

And I just saw the whole "Castle package includes pictures with Cinderella's carriage ".... Can *I* do BBB?! LOL Kidding, but where in the heck is the carriage? In BBB?

Well, I think I might give it a try. I totally get what your saying - those who don't/won't do it - though.

I like the idea of a cap on the amount of times each kid gets. That way you won't be so inclined to blow through them quickly.

Does anyone know if all the packages come with the princess meet and greet at the end?

And I just saw the whole "Castle package includes pictures with Cinderella's carriage ".... Can *I* do BBB?! LOL Kidding, but where in the heck is the carriage? In BBB?
Only the most expensive one got the meet and greet, but I actually heard they may have discontinued that part a few weeks ago. You may want to double check that.

You can always just wait in line for the princesses; you can usually find it with under-20-minutes if you ask the CMs for advice when to come.

Have fun!

Did it with my granddaughter last month. She's 5.

I have annual pass, so with 20% off, $200 was only $160. The dress, crown, wand, etc would be $100. They do pictures inside the BBB, which are included. Hair, makeup, extras, and shortcut was worth $60... once. Yeah, it was worth it once.

It is a small carriage, but still ADORABLE!!!

It is a small carriage, but still ADORABLE!!!

I am so tempted to go all out just for this... Lol

Only the most expensive one got the meet and greet, but I actually heard they may have discontinued that part a few weeks ago. You may want to double check that.

You can always just wait in line for the princesses; you can usually find it with under-20-minutes if you ask the CMs for advice when to come.

Have fun!

When we were there last week they were still doing it. I'll clarify when I call.

Thank you all!

Yes, I also saw on one of the main Disney blogs that they were discontinuing the castle package so no shortcut. So, $200 was totally worth it at the time...my daughter has done it twice, at 3 and 5 years old, and she loved it and still talks about it. She is like a walking Fancy Nancy so anything to do with hair and makeup is up her alley. If you don't get a shortcut to see the princesses, bring your own dress and do a cheap package. It really is super magical for little girls.

I had seen that the castle package no longer included the VIP treatment with the princesses but we still got it last week. I think they even arrange the princesses to accommodate your pick because we were immediately taken to see the princess my DD chose first.

I look at this way. How often does a girl get to be pampered and dress up like a princess and be treated like royalty? The last time we went to DLR with our twin granddaughters, then 5 yrs old, we bought the full package for both of them. They had a wonderful experience and the pictures are priceless, especially since one of those precious girls passed away suddenly earlier this year. I say go for it. You will love looking back at the pictures throughout the years.

I got it booked! I just did the basic package and was told I could add on anything I wanted when we got there (i.e. Portrait package).

ETA: And meet-and-greet is definitely gone. No more for BBB.

I look at this way. How often does a girl get to be pampered and dress up like a princess and be treated like royalty? The last time we went to DLR with our twin granddaughters, then 5 yrs old, we bought the full package for both of them. They had a wonderful experience and the pictures are priceless, especially since one of those precious girls passed away suddenly earlier this year. I say go for it. You will love looking back at the pictures throughout the years.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it can't amount to having her here, but I'm glad you have those good memories.

The carriage is cute but nothing to make or break your decision. I was also told by a CM that we could purchase a photo pack (I had queried because last time the we went to BBB our photopass package included the photos-this tine they didn’t)

We took our 6-year-old son during our January trip, at his request, and he got such a huge kick out of the Knight Package. He loved the "dragon repellant" (glitter) and having his hair all spiked up (he wouldn't let me touch it afterward - and he has NEVER cared about his hair), and getting his sword and shield. The fairy godmother was so kind, and the attention made him feel so special. When she revealed him in the mirror, his happy face was priceless. I love those photos and videos. The Knight Package is the least intense and the least expensive, I believe, and it was still a great time. I think that no matter which package you go for, it will be wonderful.

Worth it? That’s debatable. But, absolutely go for it. My daughter did it when she was 8. She also did the rock star makeover in downtown Disney (do they even still have that?). She definitely preferred the experience at BBB.

Thanks for this. Was debating if my son would be into it or not. Did you do the basic. Package? Noticed there's is one now with a prince costume.

We took our 6-year-old son during our January trip, at his request, and he got such a huge kick out of the Knight Package. He loved the "dragon repellant" (glitter) and having his hair all spiked up (he wouldn't let me touch it afterward - and he has NEVER cared about his hair), and getting his sword and shield. The fairy godmother was so kind, and the attention made him feel so special. When she revealed him in the mirror, his happy face was priceless. I love those photos and videos. The Knight Package is the least intense and the least expensive, I believe, and it was still a great time. I think that no matter which package you go for, it will be wonderful.
Did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter