Is Disney tracking tourist after they leave?

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
To be honest, based on how US and Florida are managing the virus, I did not think Disney would still be open. I understand through reports that people feel more safe in Disney vs their hometowns, but I suspect it’s still not as stringent and self checking as we practise here in Canada. Is there any tracking of positive cases of guests that have left Disney? Or are they tracking employees that have tested positive? Daily here I hear of the places of employment where positive cases are reported so people can self isolate. Is there tracking and tracing so that can tourists or employees can do contact tracing? I still have my trip in December booked as I can’t bring myself to cancel yet, but I’m 100 percent sure we won’t go, but just interested what Disney is doing about tracking and tracing? Thanks.

To be honest, based on how US and Florida are managing the virus, I did not think Disney would still be open. I understand through reports that people feel more safe in Disney vs their hometowns, but I suspect it’s still not as stringent and self checking as we practise here in Canada. Is there any tracking of positive cases of guests that have left Disney? Or are they tracking employees that have tested positive? Daily here I hear of the places of employment where positive cases are reported so people can self isolate. Is there tracking and tracing so that can tourists or employees can do contact tracing? I still have my trip in December booked as I can’t bring myself to cancel yet, but I’m 100 percent sure we won’t go, but just interested what Disney is doing about tracking and tracing? Thanks.
Good question. It’s odd we get no stats about any cases from WDW at all. So hard to say what they are doing. We continually hear about cases on planes landing here in Canada with cases on them. You gotta think there must be some cases coming out of WDW.
I have a late Nov/early Dec Universal trip booked and like you can’t bring myself to cancel yet but know it’s coming. Doubt our border will open yet until US gets their numbers down.

Good question. It’s odd we get no stats about any cases from WDW at all. So hard to say what they are doing. We continually hear about cases on planes landing here in Canada with cases on them. You gotta think there must be some cases coming out of WDW.
I have a late Nov/early Dec Universal trip booked and like you can’t bring myself to cancel yet but know it’s coming. Doubt our border will open yet until US gets their numbers down.

I don’t think we will ever hear about positive cases of people who were in Disney or Universal. They don’t want people to know things like that. Bad for business. And I don’t think there is very much contact tracing gong on in Florida.

I don’t think it’s odd that we aren’t hearing about cases from Disney. There’s billions of dollars at stake, and the Florida tourism industry has a vested interest in not broadcasting those stats. If you go to Disney and contract the virus you are most likely to bring it home. That counts as a number in your own community.
Here‘s an interactive map of the cases in Florida, You can look by county as well.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

they are doing NO contract tracing, AND promoting tourism to pack in the parks as heavily as possible ;)

from what I understand, even getting tested is a big pain and there is no enforcement of "self-isolation".

as a fellow Canadian, I am staying as far away as possible from that stewpot of chaos, thanks. post-vaccine!

I don’t think we will ever hear about positive cases of people who were in Disney or Universal. They don’t want people to know things like that. Bad for business. And I don’t think there is very much contact tracing gong on in Florida.
A month ago there was tweets put out that some CM's and employees of Universal tested positive. So I'm sure there have been some people traveling back from Disney and Universal that have tested positive. Since contact tracing isn't happening we will never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter