Is Fantasmic dining package needed these days

wannabee

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to F! in years. Is it still a mess to get into? Do you recommend the F! dinner package or it it easy enough to do without-- last week of April??

If you want a guaranteed seat, I would recommend either the Fantasmic Dining Package or you can get a Fast Pass for it. In my opinion, the seating for the Dining Package is slightly more desirable, however the FP seating is just fine. I think that Disney implemented these options to help eliminate the crazy lines that form prior to the show. But they have not been successful with doing this. Even with a FP or DP, the line still forms and when they start letting people in, everyone runs, pushes, cuts people...it is just ugly. I love Fantasmic and it is a must do every visit.

I haven't been to F! in years. Is it still a mess to get into? Do you recommend the F! dinner package or it it easy enough to do without-- last week of April??
You can most likely get a 4th+ fastpass for Fantasmic! rather than doing the dining package.

I've had no problem walking into Fantasmic maybe 45 mins early and getting a "good" seat to me (with plenty left). Might be a little off-center, but still great view of everything. I think you'd still be fine about 30 mins early, but might be filling in more to the side of the arena.

I bet since I am going in January, and on a day when Epcot is rated a 3 for crowds, I will be fine.

We did the dining package in July, showed up 5 minutes before the show started and got great seats in the center section. I guess it's all about value for your time/money. I wouldn't want to spend 45 minutes of park time just waiting to get into a show.

I bet since I am going in January, and on a day when Epcot is rated a 3 for crowds, I will be fine.

I'm assuming this is just a typing mistake on your part, but Fantasmic is at DHS not Epcot.

We did the dining package in July, showed up 5 minutes before the show started and got great seats in the center section. I guess it's all about value for your time/money. I wouldn't want to spend 45 minutes of park time just waiting to get into a show.

I'm assuming this is just a typing mistake on your part, but Fantasmic is at DHS not Epcot.
Lol YES - I mixed up the 2 on everything, events, resturants, etc. I clearly know which go to which, it just comes out opposite!

We always do the dining package because we don't want to waste a FP on it, and because we always use the dining plan. Probably not necessary for when you're there, but if your on the dining plan I would do it.

We did the dining package because it gave the kids a chance to meet the Fab 5 & reserved seating for Fantasmic. I'm glad we did that as I can see that all the FPs are gone for Fantasmic the day we're going to DHS (exactly 60d from today!)

I have made Fantasmic my #4, #5, or #6 Fastpass as late as 15 minutes before the FP window

I'm glad that you ask this (and glad I checked before I asked about it)

For those that do recommend the package, which restaurant do you suggest?

I think it really depends on what criteria you have. We chose Hollywood & Vine because we have a 2yo & a 5yo. I'm not expecting too much in terms of quality of food (although I heard some decent reviews recently) or theme, but it allows my 2yo to have her own plate, & more importantly, allow them to meet the Fab5 so we don't have to wait in line at other parks doing meet & greets.

In terms of quality, Hollywood Brown Derby is the best of the lot, but is expensive & uses 2 credits. I don't think it's worth it for little ones.

I wouldn't advise getting it unless there is a reason for the park to be more crowded than usual.

For one thing, we went right after Irma last month, and MK, Epcot and AK were packed the entire week. The Studios was the only slow park, and there were plenty of open seats the night we saw Fantasmic.

For another, like most things at WDW these days, they stripped the value out of the package. At one time, it was free; now they charge an extra $7. They are also taking away the appetizer, I believe after January 1st.

I just realized you're going at the end of April. I wouldn't bother with it. We're doing it because (1) we're going the week before Christmas so it'll be busy, (2) it's right after the new Star Wars movie comes out so I'm expecting more people visiting DHS than normal, (3) we're on the dining plan so it's not costing us "extra", and (4) I wanted the kids to do a character dining with the Fab 5 at Hollywood and Vine.

But i don't think any of these really apply to you (or at least you haven't mentioned it), so I wouldn't do it.

Thanks for the opinions y'all... Doesn't sound like its needed the end of April... now on to convince the rest of my party.

I really enjoy Mama Melrose. The steak is excellent (had it for 2nd time a few wks ago). It def isn't Yachtsman or Jiko quality but probably the best 1 credit steak on property. I think better than Kona or Wave. The calamari appy is very good.

As a PP mentioned, I also read on the Boards a few weeks ago that the included appetizer may not be part of the pkg for 2018. So if you can enjoy it before the close of the year, then do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter