Is Hollywood & Vine that bad?

jlm0013

Earning My Ears
My wife and I went over a decade ago (before we married), and we enjoyed it. My mom and dad went there often, as well. We have reservations in September, so we're curious if it is really that bad. What happened?

We've done lunch twice and we love it. Food is good and some of our best service was from there. No complaints here.

To each their own I guess, we went maybe 10 years ago and thought the food was nasty plus the place was extremely dirty. I'm not a big fan of buffets, I can tolerate CP and Tusker House but H&V was a never again kind of place.

We did breakfast there in May and it was our least favorite meal. We aren't picky people and can generally find good food anywhere. However, the food there was sub-par. The fruit was all melon (rather than fresh berries like we had at other buffets), the waffles tasted like store brand freezer waffles, and the eggs were gross. We were disappointed with both the selection and quality of the food.

We had dinner at the Halloween Dine back in September and loved it. Will more than likely go back again this year.

I went there last October and the food was fine for a buffet. Its funny of how many people bash it but its difficult to get reservations.

I went a few years ago for the Star Wars Character meal only. The food was second to seeing the Fab 4 in Star Wars garb. But, I was disappointed in the quality of the food. I felt the same way when I went to the Tusker House for the first time this past May. But, I really think it is definitely an opinion. With families I think it would be a good deal and everyone could find something. I just tend to prefer more creative foods most of the time.

Is the food for the lunch/dinner better than the breakfast? Has anyone done both?

Is the food for the lunch/dinner better than the breakfast? Has anyone done both?

I've done both. It depends on your outlook. In a buffet I can always find at least 3 things I really like. The puffed french toast for breakfast there was great. And the dinner options, I found a couple things I really liked. The squid pasta (it was the Halloween themed dinner) really stood out in my opinion. It all depends on your outlook and your tastes. I'm sure I could go to a four star buffet (does such a thing exist) and find a bunch of stuff I love and some things I could do without.

I've done both. It depends on your outlook. In a buffet I can always find at least 3 things I really like. The puffed french toast for breakfast there was great. And the dinner options, I found a couple things I really liked. The squid pasta (it was the Halloween themed dinner) really stood out in my opinion. It all depends on your outlook and your tastes. I'm sure I could go to a four star buffet (does such a thing exist) and find a bunch of stuff I love and some things I could do without.

TBH, there are some really good buffets in Vegas. Also, we really liked the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet.

TBH, there are some really good buffets in Vegas. Also, we really liked the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet.

I'm a big fan of the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet (their breakfast one is good too). My DW and I booked it for our entire family last year (17 people) and we heard a lot of grumbling prior to going. After we left everyone was raving about it and family members with future trips booked it again. Ton of great options on that buffet.

We enjoyed our past two dinners there in 2016 and 2017, previously we ate breakfast there in 2009 and it was so bad I swore I would never go back. The Fantasmic! Dining packages with Minnie and gang in their Christmas gear brought us back last holiday season for dinner and we loved it. It's a must do for us now.

Had a great lunch on our last visit, great for a family, kids loved the characters and many food choices. Planning on booking again for our next trip.

We did breakfast and really enjoyed it. Aside from our table which only had character access from the front which put them right in front of the huge Bank of windows with sun pouring in, so our pictures all came out horrible.

They have a great apple crisp at breakfast that I've never seen anywhere else, and it was delicious!!!

food was OK, character interaction was great, we did Minnie's Holiday Dine last year and they were decked out in their Christmas garb.

Biggest issue I have is the same as Chef Mickey's, too many little kids being allowed to run wild at the buffet by their parents. dropping food all over the place because (IMO) they are too young to be trying to serve themselves.

We loved it when we went a few years back, I'm sorry to hear it may not be the same now :(

Last edited:
i did it for dinner the other night, and during our November trip. Loved the food both times!! This buffet had the most dishes that we all enjoyed, IMO. In comparison, I also did Tusker House last week and we couldn't find more than 2-3 items that we liked.

I did do H&V for breakfast and lunch years ago when it was only the Disney Jr. characters, and thought it was kind of gross (the food). But I have to say my most recent visits (and dinner vs. lunch and breakfast) have been our favorite meals each trip. And great character interaction too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter