Is in the runner bundle worth it?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So looking at the dark side 5K I see a runner bundle - for $48 - is worth it. It mentions a Tervis tumbler and ornament - is that all for $48. Just wondering. Is it really just a tumbler or water bottle. I can never have too many water bottles, but just a tumbler i don't necessarily need

Versions of those items will be available "a la cart" at the Expo, but things like the tumblers and ornaments go quickly. You have to determine if it's worth it to you. Also, it will include taxes and the ~8% Active.com fee on top of that price.

Personally, I'm not buying anything I can't see a picture of beforehand. However, you CAN return the items if you don't like them for a refund, but you don't get the Active.com fee refunded to you.

Personally, I'm not buying anything I can't see a picture of beforehand.
Same here. rD could make so much more money on race merch if they provided pictures of the items for sale and pre-sold everything that they plan to market at the Expo. I still don't understand why they miss this boat year after year.

Same here. rD could make so much more money on race merch if they provided pictures of the items for sale and pre-sold everything that they plan to market at the Expo. I still don't understand why they miss this boat year after year.
I don't understand a lot of things they do - publishing the pictures ahead of time would be a smart move, as well as having some of the stuff available to buy AFTER the event. They're leaving a lot of money on the table. :confused3

I don't understand a lot of things they do - publishing the pictures ahead of time would be a smart move, as well as having some of the stuff available to buy AFTER the event. They're leaving a lot of money on the table. :confused3

tbh I doubt they even have prototypes available thats why they dont have pics yet. I'd only buy the pins sight unseen imo. a tervis and an ornament...meh.

If you aren't able to be at the expo on the first day, early in the day, you aren't likely to even see a Tervis. So, if you're interested in a Tervis, and getting to the expo later, you might find it worth it.

Unless they have race specific ornaments that are sold out very early on, the only ornaments I've seen are generic runDisney ornaments. I would love to see them make race merchandise available after the expo if it doesn't sell out. I can't be the only person that didn't buy an I did it shirt because I hadn't actually done it yet. And even in 2015, I didn't feel completely comfortable buying the I Did It Rebel Challenge shirt before I had actually done it.

If you aren't able to be at the expo on the first day, early in the day, you aren't likely to even see a Tervis. So, if you're interested in a Tervis, and getting to the expo later, you might find it worth it.

I'll be doing my first Run Disney event this year for wine and dine. I really want a Tervis. I'm guessing it will be around 12:00 or 1:00 ish before I can get to the Expo Thursday. In you experience is that early enough to get them? Thanks!

Laura

I'll be doing my first Run Disney event this year for wine and dine. I really want a Tervis. I'm guessing it will be around 12:00 or 1:00 ish before I can get to the Expo Thursday. In you experience is that early enough to get them? Thanks!

Laura

I've been at Marathon Weekend and Tink...both in 2016. We've been at the expo by 5:00 on marathon weekend and 3:00 for Tink and I've never seen any sign that they existed. They had double walled Tumblers at Tink but they weren't Tervis brand so I started to think that actual Tervis brand runDisney tumblers didn't exist. I did, however, recently see a couple go up for sale on a Facebook Disney Marketplace site so I know they actually do exist.

So...to answer your question...I don't have personal experience but I tend to believe they go really, really fast.[/QUOTE]

Laura
I was at Expo at opening for Princess and I just got a Generic Trevis tumbler.

I've been at Marathon Weekend and Tink...both in 2016. We've been at the expo by 5:00 on marathon weekend and 3:00 for Tink and I've never seen any sign that they existed. They had double walled Tumblers at Tink but they weren't Tervis brand so I started to think that actual Tervis brand runDisney tumblers didn't exist. I did, however, recently see a couple go up for sale on a Facebook Disney Marketplace site so I know they actually do exist.

So...to answer your question...I don't have personal experience but I tend to believe they go really, really fast.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure I don't get my hope up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter