• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it a big deal to...

Danemom

<font color=blue>My trouble is that I don't rememb
Is it a big deal to order a kid's meal for an adult at a counter service restaurant?
I just can't eat as often as my kids ;) but I'd like to nibble something while they eat.
Thanks!

No, it's not a big deal at all. I've often ordered an adult sized counter service meal and had LOTS left over. Portions at WDW counter service are very generous so if you are happy with a kid's meal go for it!

I always order kids meals for myself at counter service. And at Tony's for dinner, I ordered the child size spaghetti and meatball (one giant meatball!). I told the server that I can't eat much, and she said it was fine!

I must eat smaller meals so I often order childs portion or split a dinner with DW and and get a side salad or extra veggie.No CM has ever been rude or said I couldn't do that.At sit down though I base tip on two adult dinners not the one dinner we split.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Thanks everyone!
I never would've thought they'd let you order a kids meal in a sit-down restaurant!

Aisling, do you remember how larget he child's spaghetti and meatball is at Tony's? We haven't eaten there in 2.5 years but we're going back Oct. 16. I got the adult size spaghetti last time and when I finished the server asked me if something was wrong with it since it looked like I hadn't touched it since there was a lot of food. The thing is that on this trip I'll be 19 weeks pregnant, and I can currently eat considerably more than normal, but I'm still thinking the adult portion will be too much. Do you think an appetizer and the child size portion would be enough?

justhat,
I was very satisfied with the size of the child size spaghetti and meatball dinner at Tony's. I like to eat, but I just didn't want to have an overly fuill stomach while at the parks, and I didn't want to waste food and money by ordering a regular adult meal. The meatball was huge! And there was a good amount of spaghetti.
I think an appetizer and the child meal would be enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter