Is It Me Or Are the Disney Dining CM's Becoming Very Angry

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
I have called up Disney Dining every day for the last seven day's to make at least one PS a day for my upcoming Xmas trip. Each day I have called starting from 6:55-7:00, to be the first on the phone. Every day I really have not had a pleasant CM to talk to.

When ever I ask a question they have been giving a big "sigh" or "moan." I made two PS for the Plaza and Sci-FI the other day. When I told her I needed a PS at the Plaza she asked me "are you sure."

I then said, "what?" She then replied I think you mean Cinderella's Castle. I said, "no, the Plaza." She then said, "oh, because no one is ever the first on my line who does not want Cinderella's Breakfast."

The only person that was extremely pleasant was a Cm at V&A's, that I talked to directly at V&A's. But, Disney Dining was not that case.

So far I have been fortunate....I have had CMs that have always been helpful to me when I call for dinner reservations!

When I was trying to book the Illuminations Cruse with the Recreation phone number....now those were "rude" people! They weren't very nice and very snippy. Unfortunately I was late in calling on the two occassions this last week when I tried to book the cruise....they were already booked. I didn't realize they were open 7 days/week for reservations!

Have fun on your December vacation....we will be there December 20-27!

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

There is no excuse for rudeness, but I do wonder why you call so early....is it because you need to get off to work. I find it easier to call after lunchtime (or early afternoon) and have always gotten great serice from the CMs. They start work at 7:00AM and I know they are busy with the CRT PS, so avoid that time completely. I would not want to tie up a PS CM, so leave that to the folks who really need that first thing in the AM call.

I have read that they have a new computer booking system and it gets very stressful. Maybe that has been the case. I know that is no excuse. Especially at Disney, when their proclamation is the most "Magical Place"....
Maybe they will get use to the system and get that Magical disposition, again.

I have only had wonderful CMs for all our PSs. I did call every day also but I waited until around 9:30 am because we didn't care to get CRT. We had no problem getting any of our times - give or take 5 to 10 minutes - and we have a party of 8.

pkb24824 When we called to get our Illuminations cruise, we had very nice CMs. The 1st day I called all the cruises were booked by 7:02 am but the CM was very nice. The next day I called I got the cruise (the day we really wanted it anyway) and they were extremely nice, even suggesting that we get picked up at the Yacht Club instead of BoardWalk because that's where we're staying.

I guess everyone has their days. Glad we were lucky to have great CMs.

I've had good (Nola -- yesterday afternoon booking several PS with me, the Queen of Allergies. She had to make a notation in every PS. She had a smile in her voice the whole time) and the not so good (can't remember her name, but she put me on hold several times while I was making dinner ressies for the CP. Literally the one PS took about 20 minutes to make).

The CM's that I have talked to at WDW Dine have all been very nice - now.. those at WDW Golf have been another story!:( My DH wants early tee times the first week in Dec because the parks are not open late and we go to the parks after golf so I always call each day 90 days out. None of the CMs were very pleasant this year. One lady I talked to on my third day call said in a not so kind voice - look why don't you just call next week and book all of your days at one time instead of this calling every day and booking one tee time each call. I explained that we wanted early tee times and she said - lady the only ones who can book now are people staying on property. I am not sure if she has ESP and knows that none of the other on property guests want early tee times too and if I wait they will still be available :confused:

Called for one more PS last night and had a lovely CM by the name of Rachel. We're having lunch on the 5th of December at Akershus, which just happens to be her birthday! I'll probably remember that while we're eating there!

All of our's have been great also. Just keep trying. Hopefully your next CM will have had a nice cup of Kona before your call :)

This year was the exception -- I've always had friendly, warm CM's take my PS. This year, I wouldn't say the CM I spoke with was angry, but she was definitely indifferent. No warmth in her oice.. more like "ust the facts and are you done now" I'm always excited to make PS .. means we're getting closer to the trip. I'm not looking for high spirits, just a friendly voice and this definitely wasn't it.

I've had a mix. Most were perfectly fine. There were a few rude and completely unhelpful ones (I have started hanging up and calling back to get a better CM). Several went above and beyond the call of duty. It all depends.

AWFUL!!! Not only do I seem to get the rudest CM's, but the wait to get to one is horrific as well. It does not matter what time I call. Is it just me?????? I really am trying to be patient!!!

Liz

Originally posted by n2mm
There is no excuse for rudeness, but I do wonder why you call so early....is it because you need to get off to work. I find it easier to call after lunchtime (or early afternoon) and have always gotten great serice from the CMs. They start work at 7:00AM and I know they are busy with the CRT PS, so avoid that time completely. I would not want to tie up a PS CM, so leave that to the folks who really need that first thing in the AM call.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I really don't agree. The Disney CM's that take p.s. are there beginning at 7:00 a.m. and are there for all Disney guests no matter where they want p.s. and not just for the guests who want p.s. at CRT. There is no such thing as tying up a PS CM - that's what they're there for. All p.s. calls take a certain amount of time, and there are a certain amount of CM's. If someone is calling to make a p.s. at the Plaza they aren't "taking away" a p.s. from CRT. Also, the OP said there are making p.s. for Christmas time which is busy. If there are certain places they want to dine at certain times I think it is WISE to call as early as possible.

Originally posted by lizdotcom99
AWFUL!!! Not only do I seem to get the rudest CM's, but the wait to get to one is horrific as well. It does not matter what time I call. Is it just me?????? I really am trying to be patient!!!

It's is not only you. I decided on calling a little later (11:00) then I have been, to see if there would be a difference and I got up late, opps. Anyways there was no difference.

I waited around 15 minutes to get someone, when he got on the phone it sounded like I was taking to much of his time up b/c he kept speeding me up and giving me half-a$$ answers to my questions.

I made one PS and decided to call later. And what ever happened to having a Magical Day. I have not had one all week. I just been getting a bye or a "click." I'm not really upset, but I'm just not use to this.

When I called V&A's direct number I had a great CM. This converstauoin had it all. From small talk about the weather, the Buffalo Bills, arrival time, answered every question, and spent alot of time with me. Now that is what I'm use to.

I think that every CM in the company is under a tremendous amount of pressure to be as profitable as possible. Because of this and a new system which seems to center on data mining and speed as opposed to guest service, it is becoming increasingly difficult to always be at their best, although I agree, rudeness is never acceptable.

I guess what I'm saying is that the CM's are no longer allowed to be chatty like they used to be. They can't really control the wait time, and the more questions people ask, many of which I'm sure the CM's don't have the answers for, as opposed to not wanting to give the answers, the longer the next guest will have to wait in queue.

This is probably why it might seem that they are rushing you, or not looking for your answer. It's possible they just looked for the guest in front of you, and the answer isn't there yet.

Again, I'm not condoning rudeness, but if the CM doesn't have the answer to your question, or doesn't want to make small talk, or you are on hold for a long time before they pick up, please don't blame them, it's nothing they have control over.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter