Is it possible and has anyone ever rented out a Disney theme park for a day or night

I am just wondering if by complainers you mean people who have to save up for a long time to even get to Disney(since I know a family that had to save for 5 years for less than a week but I also know that there are people who will complain at anything), not everyone is as lucky as some people who go constantly. Just saying I know I would be bummed after planning for years/months whatever only to find out right before you go that you have to leave early.

It is not any different than closing the parks for the holiday parties. This family will not be able to afford those either so I don't see what the big deal is. As long as they give you a heads up. CM deserve the night off and being able to enjoy the park once in a while.

I always wondering how I would feel (or others who have experienced this) if had paid for and planned a WDW trips months in advance only to see a park (or portion of it) closed during regular hours for one of these events, likely not to happy I suppose along with many other regular park visitors.

This has come up in a couple of threads. As someone who has a trip being affected by this, I can't help be feel a little put out. We're traveling down in mid-November with the kids, and have been planning those dates for quite a while to work around school and a corporate board meeting in Orlando I have to attend.

My biggest issue with the early closure for CM's is the timing of the dates. MVMCP is already scheduled for the 13th, 15th, and 18th. Throw in the CM party on the 17th, and that's a whole lot of days during our time there that MK is only partially accessible to the kids.

Can we spend more time in other parks? Sure, we're staying at Beach Club, so Epcot is closer, anyway. Can we buy MVMCP tickets? Sure can, decided to go on the 18th.

In reality, there's plenty to do besides MK. I'll be fine, the kids will be fine, and I'm sure we'll still have a great trip. However, I can't help but feel that Disney kinda handed us a raw deal. I feel like I paid for Park Hoppers and don't get the full value. I feel like Disney is, in effect, shutting us out of MK for a good portion of our trip. I don't begrudge Disney their MVMCP dollars, and I certainly don't begrudge the CM's their own time with family in the park, but four early night closures in a single week? That's either poor planning or bad customer service.

I worked for Oracle years ago. They rented out Hollywood Studios one evening and it was great. We had the users conference at one of the resorts and one evening we had a party at the park. There was live music at a stage setup and open bar. Funny thing is at the end of the night, Oracle raffled off a bunch of great gifts (ie. TV's ,ipads/ipods, vacations, etc...). I won a Disney vacation for a week where I would stay at the Grand Floridian and have tickets for the week along with a gift card for food and misc. expenses and airfare. I was living in Orlando so I received air vouchers to fly anywhere in the US.

Renting an entire park would be really difficult for a private citizen to do...I think the biggest shot the majority may have had was to do the extra evening hours event they had at MK in May, because there was practically nobody in the park for those.

They sold so few tickets that they've been discontinued, though.

maybe WDW should rent out Universal to have a party for their cast members.

I sure hope so. I also hope she pays my student loans off as well.
Let's hope the lone winner of the $487 Million Powerball drawing is a DISboards member and will rent out MK for a night and invite all of his/her DISboard friends!

This has come up in a couple of threads. As someone who has a trip being affected by this, I can't help be feel a little put out. We're traveling down in mid-November with the kids, and have been planning those dates for quite a while to work around school and a corporate board meeting in Orlando I have to attend.

My biggest issue with the early closure for CM's is the timing of the dates. MVMCP is already scheduled for the 13th, 15th, and 18th. Throw in the CM party on the 17th, and that's a whole lot of days during our time there that MK is only partially accessible to the kids.

Can we spend more time in other parks? Sure, we're staying at Beach Club, so Epcot is closer, anyway. Can we buy MVMCP tickets? Sure can, decided to go on the 18th.

In reality, there's plenty to do besides MK. I'll be fine, the kids will be fine, and I'm sure we'll still have a great trip. However, I can't help but feel that Disney kinda handed us a raw deal. I feel like I paid for Park Hoppers and don't get the full value. I feel like Disney is, in effect, shutting us out of MK for a good portion of our trip. I don't begrudge Disney their MVMCP dollars, and I certainly don't begrudge the CM's their own time with family in the park, but four early night closures in a single week? That's either poor planning or bad customer service.

In addition the 19th is likely to be extremely busy due to the early closures on the 17th and 18th.

I went to event awhile ago (I think it was 2005) at HS where my company had rented the RRC and courtyard for the evening. I think we rode it something like 15 times that evening!

I won't lie. It's my dream to buy out a Halloween or Christmas party in full and just have my friends and family there. Winning the lottery is now plan a lol
I have pictures from last mmvc dec 2015 where there's no one except us in the pics. It was amazing! We're hoping for similar this Halloween.

I wonder if Gwen Stefani's recent pics at wdw were during a private event or if she was there with everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter