• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it Time for Another Chicagoland DVC Meetup?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
The last meet-up in November 2005 was great!

Is it time for another Chciagoland DVC Meet-up?

Yes, it is...

Weather is gettting nicer.

SHould we go to where the DVC AKV is being setup, and do a group tour?

Schaumburg, Right?

GOldi

We missed the last one but would be interested in meeting up.

That would be cool! I'm tempted to apply for a part time job at the DVC store there.

How about when it opens, we all meet and do lunch? There is great Japanese seafood buffet in the mall now...

When is the DVC center in Woodfield opening? I would think that the most logical thing to do would be have our meet-up in Schaumburg at Woodfield and go to the DVC center.

I would probably let them know in advance. Who knows, they might do something special for the group.

Ian - you read my mind! I was going to email you about having a meet up in Schaumburg! LOL!

Count me in!

Cyn

When is the DVC center in Woodfield opening? I would think that the most logical thing to do would be have our meet-up in Schaumburg at Woodfield and go to the DVC center.

I believe that I heard it will be open when they start selling the Contemporary DVC. ;) I think another meet is a great idea, and I will try to make it if my schedule allows!

If anyone has any idea when the Woodfield DVC center will open let me know, and I'll get planning!

We could be interested depending on the date.

According to our local Schaumburg paper, it's debut is pegged for this summer. Not a whole lot of information to plan a meet around.

I'll let you know if I see anything further. :cheer2:

We could be interested depending on the date.

According to our local Schaumburg paper, it's debut is pegged for this summer. Not a whole lot of information to plan a meet around.

I'll let you know if I see anything further. :cheer2:

Thanks!!!!!!:banana:

I think it would make great sense to have a Chicagoland meetup in conjunction with a trip to the DVC center.

Guys I am new to DISBOARDS but was pointed to your note about 'Time to get together again'. I am the President of the local (CHICAGO AREA) NFFC CLub, the Land of Mickey. I wanted to let you know about the next club meeting and invite you to attend and brign your friends !

MARY POPPINS EVENT

S U P E R C A L I F R A G I L I S T I C E X P I A L I D O C I U S

Friday, March 16th
7:30 p.m.
@ European Imports
Oak Mill Mall
7900 North Milwaukee
Niles

Walt Disney Classics Presentation
Door Prizes
Giveaways
Discounts

Bring your favorite Poppins collectible
and
a Poppins treat to share
(scones, tea, biscuits, . . . )

Invite your Friends

We haven't been to Chicago in years, but would enjoy a trip up there for a meet. Would love to do some of the museums again.

We have a lot of plans for the Summer, DVC, Vegas, L.A. so hopefully the meet would be when we're still here in Indiana.

Hi, Everyone

Didn't realize how many Chicagolanders there were on this Disboards forum. We're brand new DVC owners (in fact, just made the last payment on our SSR original and Animal Kindgom Villas add-on today-they gave us nearly two months to pony up with the money!) We bought in January after our Magic cruise. We're cruising again on Wonder in May and will be taking our first trip "home" to OKW after the cruise, then to VB and VWL in November. We're excited to be able to get our Disney/DVC fix at Woodfield and would love to go to a group meet with our fellow flatlanders.

The Disney Store used to work for the fix, but somewhat less so now that it isn't owned by Disney anymore. I actually worked for them a couple of months when Disney still owned it, so got to fulfill my wish to be a cast member, even if for just a short time. I did get to go to the cast member only warehouse shopping spot near DTD (lots of broken Pal Mickeys and clothes from prior years' MNSSHP), and I used my cast member discount a couple of times in the shops at MK and on Magic...it was a thrill to have my name turn up in their computers as a cast member. I left the Disney Store when the Children's Place bought it (mostly because I already had a full-time, professional type job and I hadn't worked so hard for such low pay since I was a cashier at a record store in grad school!)

Looking forward to meeting everyone...hope they plan lots of good giveaways around their opening!

We missed the last meeting so I would love to make it to this one. I was pretty excited to read about the DVC store at Woodfield. I was telling my DH that we should check it out when it opens. So it'll be great to do that with other DVC members.

and Ianh, I didn't know that you are also from Chicago area! Your program is great and hopefully I'll get a chance to thank you in person.

Sabrina

We had a great time meeting last time. We live in the Woodfield area, and checked out a couple of restaurants and one with a separate meeting room.
If you need suggestions just send us a PM and we will give you the formation we gathered to date. We are also able to assist in planning and set up if desired.

Thanks for initiating discussions. pirate::surfweb:

Unless the restaurant needs to be in the mall proper (and there are only a couple of larger sit-downs in Woodfield Mall), it might be fun to drive the mile west on Golf Rd to Bahama Breeze, which is our favorite watering hole. If you haven't been there, it's got great tropical theming, a big outdoor verandah-type bar with firepit, reasonably-priced food on an interesting menu, and a great micro-brew Aruba Red beer. Since we hang out there all the time, we know the management and I'm sure they'd do something nice for us. This will only work, of course, if folks are willing to drive from the mall instead of eating on site at someplace like Rainforest Cafe or Stir Crazy. We are happy to drive or stay put, just wanted to suggest a place with some "tropical' theming with a bit less crowds than Rainforest Cafe.

The last article I read about this said the DVC preview center was designed with imagineer input, will be over 6,000 square feet, will have a full 2 bedroom model of AKV, and an area to keep kids busy while parents buy in! That article slated the opening for late summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter