is it true? AP prices are going up this month?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
i read somewhere else about someone trying to hedge against yet another admission price increase, specifically, APs...

was hoping to buy another AP later this year...

can anyone verify if this is really true?
i'm talking about regular Theme Park Annual Pass, not the Florida resident one.

Historically,WDW has raised the Ap in Jan. or Feb. and Hoppers go up in March. Some, think due to the lowered Tourism in Fl. that Disney won't raise prices on admission media. But just as Historically Disney has always done whats best for the Business not their consumers.

Prices go up without Notification! If you want to save money,Buy now!! and you will save per ticket!!

Also DC card has a fairly good discount on ticket media.

so... lets say for example, i go to The Disney Store, and purchase an Annual Pass voucher using my DC discount.

how long is that voucher valid for?
what if i don't make it down to WDW until 2003? can i still use that voucher purchased Jan 2002 and activate a new AP farther in the future?

disneyberry, The AP voucher, is not the AP, it is a voucher that you need to trade in at Guest Serves at a Park to get thee AP. At that time you trade the voucher for an AP,then they Activate your AP, and from that day,you have 1 years use of the parks.

thanks, tink2dw for your replies... (can't get enough of the DIS late at night huh? ;) )

i do understand the voucher is not the AP itself...

what i'm worried about is... if i put my money down now... i do plan to go back to WDW in 2002. but sometimes plans fall through...

so... what if i end up not going this year, or even next year :eek: (oh the horrors :p ). what if i don't go until 2004 or something... ticket media is nonrefundable, so i would've put my money down for the voucher.

basically, i'm asking: is there any sort of expiration for the AP vouchers? or is it once i've bought them, i can go years later to the parks and still be able to activate them for an AP? and if i go years later, would i have to pay the inflation difference in the AP price?

if anyone has been in a similar situation in the past and could share their experience, that'd be great also.

In December 2000, I purchased my PAP voucher with the old MKC card before the ticket prices went up. I redeemed my voucher in November 2001 without a problem, and I did not have to pay any price difference. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by disneyberry
so... lets say for example, i go to The Disney Store, and purchase an Annual Pass voucher using my DC discount.
I guess I need to bite the bullet and get an AP now. I'd hate to kick myself for buying later at a higher cost.

So, I can just go to my local Disney Store for the AP's? I thought I could only get Hopper passes there? I do have a DC card, so I guess that is my best discount?

Hi Granny!

If you have the extra cash now, it always makes sense to purchase your tickets ahead in order to fight inflation. Yes, you can order your AP voucher at TDS. Sometimes you have to wait for them to come in.
And using your DC would be the way to go - it is the only discount available on an AP - it amounts to about a $15 discount.
Good Luck! :)

I went to get ap at DS and had to order them they said four to six weeks. anyone know if prices do go up before they are in , will I have to pay?

BethR....thanks for the quick response.

And Shelly, you took the question right out of my mouth! :) Does ordering now protect against a future price increase?

Ummm, Ummmm, Uh, Well, I would say that if you pay when you ORDER your AP voucher then they cannot make you pay for any price increase that might occur before you receive your voucher. Like when you order your plane tickets - you pay the price at the time of ordering - and they cannot make you pay any price increase.
But then again, I COULD be wrong??? :confused:

I ordered my AP's on 12-31-01 from TDS and asked the same question. I was told since they would be ordered with the current UPC's ,when they came in with these number's I would be charged the quoted price. IF they would go up by the time they came in, they would have different UPC's.

That won't work I tried to pay at the time I ordered and they would not let me.

so if you order the AP vouchers now, but TDS needs to order them...
and you're not charged for payment at the time you order.

then you are not obligated to pay if they come in, and they're higher priced, right?

doesn't hurt to try, then?

let me know what you all think of this theory...

I didn't want to wait for the Disney Store So I called To Florida to Disney World and ordered the AP voucher with the DC discount and paid with credit card. They mailed it to me and it came in 4 or 5 days.

This seemed easier to me!!

Maybe I wasn't clear, before. You don't have to pay increased price unless they have already increased before you order them. You call and ask how much the AP's are. They tell you the price today. You tell them you want to order some. They call you when they come in. You pay when you pick them up, the amount they quoted you when you ordered. Even if the price has went up since then.

In response to disneyberry, I think you have to convert your voucher to a pass within 1 year. After that I am not sure what happens. I guess your 1 year annual pass automatically starts then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter