Is it warm enough to swim now?

abnihon

DIS Veteran
We arrive June 1st and are staying at HOJO and GCH. Highs look like mid-70s. Worried it will be too chilly to swim! Are pools heated?
Other than that not complaining about weather report. Lol. Already mid-90s in South Carolina so will be a nice break!

Will depend on your tolerance. For me, this is waaay too cold to swim. It's been breezy, cloudy, sunny, then rainy. It needs to be at least 90 for me to at least think about a pool :) Just check the weather and go during the warmest part of the day.

When I look at the long range for June 1, it’s saying 23-25 for the high. I would find 23 a little bit chilly, but I would probably still swim if the pool was heated :) I’m from Vancouver, the wimpier part of Canada :laughing:

(*note, temps in celsius)

Depends on what feels warm enough for you and if you’re lucky enough to get warm weather. I was there this past weekend and 1 day was warmish (mid 70s) & sunny but the next day was freezing and raining on and off. Even when it is freezing you’ll still see people in the pools at the Disneyland hotels though. Some ppl, especially those of you from colder climates, seem willing to jump into just about any body of water as long as it’s not frozen solid ;)

When I look at the long range for June 1, it’s saying 23-25 for the high. I would find 23 a little bit chilly, but I would probably still swim if the pool was heated :) I’m from Vancouver, the wimpier part of Canada :laughing:

(*note, temps in celsius)
I had to do the conversion (23-25 celsius = 72-77 fahrenheit), but I agree I wouldn't swim at those temps. My kid probably would though because he is a fish and apparently immune from weather.

pools are heated...… SWIM !! I swim all winter in an outdoor pool in Northern California..... below 60 F gets tough...

Almost every year we go to DL for five days of DL and Christmas at Christmas. Following this family custom we stay at the DLH or the Disney Grand every year where we hit the pools and hot-tubs every afternoon. I would certainly hope the pools are warm enough to swim in in June, so to speak. :beach:

It’s cold this week. It’s rained in various cities throughout LA and Orange County. It’s been windy and chilly. The weather keeps shifting.
We are staying that weekend as well. At the moment it says sunny at 74. I hope it sticks. But honestly it can shift. As long as the sun is out, it may be good. But for May 31st it’s 77 and some clouds.

As long as it is not raining DD11 says it is always ok to swim. She loves the pool at DLH and will swim no matter the weather.

June gloom will make it overcast and maybe a bit cool but the pools are heated and the marine layer usually burns off at some point in the afternoon.

The pools are well heated. I would guess, at least to 86 F.... call the hotel and ask.

We just had breakfast at the Disneyland hotel this morning and there were about 25 people in the pools. To me, it felt nice and warm in the sun (this morning started off sunny), but as we were walking in the shade, we were both freezing in jeans and short sleeve shirts. I wouldn't be swimming in this weather, but it didn't stop all those people we saw today. FWIW, we have 4 heated community pools and my kids haven't asked about swimming yet. Usually we wait until mid 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter