Is it weird that I’m...

An adult who loves trading Disney pins?

Nope. I even trade some non-park Disney official collector pins(I get them through Disney Movie Club) to friends. Can't be traded in the parks but it adds nice extras to their collection. Still in the gathering phase of my collection, and need to get some traders.

I love to trade Disney pins in the parks. I just trade with the CMs, and my goal is always to return pins to the park they seem to "belong" to. For example, if I'm in AK but going to Epcot tomorrow, I'll bring my designated AK pins (anything Lion King, gorillas, birds, etc.) and trade for anything Figment, WS themed. etc. Such fun!

Could be me, but I always thought Disney Pins are an adult thing?
My home park is Disneyland Paris where pins are not a big thing to begin with, but the only people I am used to see with pins are adults. Also in the dedicated pin store, or at the pin trading moment (with 'professional' collectors), the only guests looking through their books to trade are adults. Kids walk by have a few looks and then continue.

Last edited:

I don't do so much trading (though a bit) as gathering complete sets from mystery boxes. This usually leaves me with a large number of pristine new-run pins for trade so I scout out people who take it seriously, which is kinda fun.

I still buy pins, but, since scrappers have been flooding the parks I tend to trade very rarely and only with cast members and for pins I am certain are genuine.

Is it weird that I'm still a little star struck when I meet a character?

Not at all. I have my pin board up in my extra bedroom (now my "work" room) a co-worker saw the pin board in the background and said "I had no idea you were one of those Disney people!" Me: of course I am!

To me it is a part of the whole park experience, and one I look forward to. Nothing strange about it at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!