is it worth dining at a disney resort restaurant during stay?

7dwarfsrcool

Earning My Ears
Staying outside of resorts (near Disney Springs). Have never checked out any of the resorts or their restaurants. Have 2 sons and a budgeting spouse. Will be at MK 1 day, day off, AK 3rd day. (2 travel days around that). TIA!

Staying outside of resorts (near Disney Springs). Have never checked out any of the resorts or their restaurants. Have 2 sons and a budgeting spouse. Will be at MK 1 day, day off, AK 3rd day. (2 travel days around that). TIA!

When are you going? It will probably be worth it next year.

This year...even though resort dining is slowing reopening, it is still very limited. We never got a breakfast ADR at our resort 2 weeks ago, even using a finder.

Disney Springs on the other hand is an excellent suggestion.

Last edited:
we're going next week. I found some openings at Whispering Canyon for lunch. I only looked for ADRs at the parks when we could start reserving, so I"m wondering if a few last minute openings are popping up.

We like dining at the resorts vs Disney springs/the parks. It allows us to see what other resorts are like and it’s usually a much quieter atmosphere than the parks or Disney springs (especially since reopening). We routinely go to the resort quick service locations instead of eating in the parks since it’s a nice break and a lot less busy (not when we are at AK though).

we're going next week. I found some openings at Whispering Canyon for lunch. I only looked for ADRs at the parks when we could start reserving, so I"m wondering if a few last minute openings are popping up.
Just keep checking... I snagged day of reservations for dinner between 7 and 8 at both Sanaa and Narcoossee's this past week. I remember a Whispering Canyon being available as well for dinner time.

If your boys need large meals and your husband is a money-saver, you might want to skip anything with Disney in its name :)

You did say budgeting, not penny-pinching.

if you’ve got the time, check out your lunch options for your park days. That’ll give you an idea of how much $ is left for dinner.

I‘m currently making plans for next month, and am finding that steaks start in the $30s, dinner in the high $20s, burgers in the teens.

Don’t forget you can take food into the parks if you need snacks.

They might not let you enter the property in your own vehicle. Things are different right now.

The resorts have the best food imo. Some of our favorites aren't open yet, but many others to choose from.

Re-reading the original question, now might be a better time to try resort dining.
1. fewer diners, so less chaotic setting
2. shorter park days, so less tired and more time to enjoy meal.

I agree with previous poster....... eating at any restaurant connected to Disney is going to be a major "sticker shock" to anyone who is frugal. That said, the Wilderness Lodge is an enjoyable resort to visit and the food at Whispering Canyon is pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter