Is it worth it ?

NCHeel23

Mouseketeer
Is it worth getting the dining plan for my fiance and I on our honeymoon or would it be more cost effiecent to just pay as we go? :banana:

For our honeymoon, we were ecstatic about having a dining package. We really didn't have to worry about what were spending and we could have anything we wanted off a menu. We also tried a lot of restaurants. We were on the premium plan, but if we were to do it again, we'd be happy with purchasing the regular dining plan. From reading everyone's reviews it seems to me that the dining plan more than pays for itself and it really didn't seem limiting at all...in fact it forced myhsband to be a bit more adventrous.

It really depends what you like to eat. If you are just going to eat CS meals your trip- which I doubt you would on your honeymoon!- the dining plan isn't worth it. If you plan to eat TS and/character meals...it's definately worth it. DH and I saved our receipts and added them up after our last trip. Over the course of 4 days, we saved $120 using the dining plan.

I would splurge for your honeymoon... you'll get to eat at some really nice places reasonable...that is what we're doing...we're going to

Le Cellier
Chef Mickey
Coral Reef
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Mickeys backyard BBQ
Concourse Steakhouse
Beaches n Cream
Sci Fi
Cindys royal table
Ohanas.... that's all I can remember off the top of my head...but I'm sure we wouldn't do 1/2 of those if we weren't doing the dining plan!! Plus its nice getting there and knowing everything is already paid for...

It is most definitely worth it if you plan on eating at TS type restauraunts for dinner...

we were able to take advantage of the Free Dining Plan special back in September...over 4 days, I believe it saved my family of 3 around $600...

:thumbsup2

It was definitely worth it for us (3 Adults) in October. We saved about $450 over the cost of the Dining Plan. We have been to WDW many times so we no longer do the parks "Commando" style. We also enjoy a sit down meal each evening.
I see 2 things from your signature. It says your honeymoon is in April 2006, and it is your first trip to WDW. Have you made ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) for TS restaurants already? If not, it is very likely that you will find yourselves being turned away from TS in the parks and the popular ones at the resorts. People are able to make ADR's 180 days in advance and the popular restaurants are booked and turning away walkups without reservations. The Dining Plan has made the TS restaurants far busy than in the past. Many folks are enjoying restaurants they might otherwise not have gone to. If you can not eat a TS meal each day, I do not think the Dining Plan is a good deal for you.
Also, it is your first visit to WDW. In my experience most TS meals take about an hour to an hour and a half. Do you want to take that much time out of your park tourning time?
Just a couple of things to consider.
Take a look at the menus here on the DIS or at allearsnet.com to see the foods offered and the prices of the meals. This may help you decide too.
Good Luck and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

YES!!!! We obted to not do the dining plan last Sept. fo rour honeymoon...and it was FREE!!!! We spent over 700.00 in food over 7 days!!! It was just the 2 of us!!!
We ate well, and had TS every day. I would not hesitate do to it. I am debating on how I am going to do it this year. We bought APs last year....so we either need to rent points or stay an extra day to take advantage of the one day park ticket we have to buy!!! YOu will not regret getting the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter