Is it worth it?

barrbr

Mouseketeer
Here is the situation:

I am travelling on business to Indonesia. It looks like my route will take me through Tokyo. Almost certain I will be landing in Tokyo around 2:30PM. My flight from there to Indonesia isn't until around 9:30am the next morning. I have already checked and the parks will close at 10PM on this day. Is it worth buying a park ticket for those few hours? I will likely stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay if I decide to do the parks.

TIA

That should give you 6 hours...the tickets are cheaper than in the states for a one day so it's probably worth it if you've been wanting to see Tokyo Disney. I went back in April and enjoyed it even though 75% of it is the same as Magic Kingdom.

Are you landing in Narita Airport? The reason I ask is because that's still about an hour or more away from Tokyo proper, so you'd have to factor that in as well, you may not be at the parks until about 4:00PM or so

I'm a huge fan of the Tokyo parks, but I'm going to suggest that you might not get a very valuable visit.

If the parks are really open that late, they are likely expecting very large crowds. You might be able to walk around the park, watch a parade and an evening fireworks show, but that would be all. No FastPass attractions. No headline attractions (without signicant lines).

Double-check the park hours -- Disney Sea usually closes a couple hours before Tokyo Disneyland. (IMO Disney Sea is worth a detour to see, but Tokyo Disneyland is much too similar to the US parks to warrant extra effort.)

Also, if you are planning to check out both parks, remember that you will have to buy two one-day tickets for entry as there is no park-hopping unless you're on your 3rd or 4th day of a multi-day pass.

Are you landing in Narita Airport? The reason I ask is because that's still about an hour or more away from Tokyo proper, so you'd have to factor that in as well, you may not be at the parks until about 4:00PM or so

I think even 4:00 is way optimistic. That assumes the plane lands on time and you get off the plane, through customs and immigration and to the bus stop in 30 minutes -- and that there's a bus leaving for Tokyo Disney as soon as you get there (I think it takes about an hour, but I've never gone from the airport to Disney so I can't say for sure).

There are better ways to spend an evening in Tokyo.

Here is the situation:

I am travelling on business to Indonesia. It looks like my route will take me through Tokyo. Almost certain I will be landing in Tokyo around 2:30PM. My flight from there to Indonesia isn't until around 9:30am the next morning. I have already checked and the parks will close at 10PM on this day. Is it worth buying a park ticket for those few hours? I will likely stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay if I decide to do the parks.

TIA

Yes, you'll probably be unable to sleep, so take the time to visit Tokyo Disney - it's beautiful. I think there is a train station very close to Bay Hilton, just take it to Maihama Station - Disney is right off the train station.

I was born in Setagaya Tokyo, about five station north of Shinjuku.

I got into Tokyo last night, was through customs and out to the limousine bus within 30 minutes so getting there by 4 is definitely possible. And the park schedule is showing both parks open until 10pm at the moment (was at Ikspiari today buying my tickets).

If you're going to try to hit Disney, do DisneySea, don't bother with Disneyland. As said, it's too much like the US parks, but DisneySea is a completely new and different experience for Disney. It's amazing. Can't really say about the timeline either as have never gone from the airport to Disney direct.

It's for sure worth. It may cost more than a wdw trip. But I think that cost is worth the experience of Disney you get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter