Is it worth joining the Disney club....

frankiemom

DIS Veteran
I was wondering whether or not to join the Disney club. How much of a discount do you get on the Hopper Passes? The real reason I was thinking of joining is that I am spending a fortune on phone bills! I heard members get a toll free number to call to make reservations-also can it be used to make PS reservation? I am just trying to see if I will save enough to pay for the memership and a little more. Thanks

My best investment has been the Diney Club! If you have an entertainment book or know someone who does you can join the DC at a discount. I reduced my resort rate through the DC saving over $600.00 and my premium annual passes and a substantial discount as well. The toll free number is great bcause I call CRO almost every day for one thing or another and my trip isn't until June! You also get 10% discounts at the Disney Store and many stores at WDW some dining discounts though not nearly as many as Disney Dining experience. That's quite a few perks for under $40.00 - good luck with whatever you decide and have fun!

MrsV28,
What is the Disney Dining Experience? I've never heard of that before.
Could you please tell me more?

Sorry, but I only just realized you have to be a Florida resident for this benefit, but for those of you who are (or know someone who is...)

Disney's Dining Experience

Membership features an extensive array of benefits, ranging from invitations to private events to 20% discounts at participating Resort and Theme Park restaurants. Plus, you can party at Pleasure Island for half-price and attend special events. Proof of Florida residency is required
Price $60.00, (AP, SP & DC $55.00)
For more information or to purchase membership, call (407) 566-5858† option 3.

It mostly covers all the table service restaurants and the All-Star food courts

Does cover the Luau at the Poly (DC gives 10% at reservation - DD gives add'l 20% with your bill), but not Mickey's BBQ and only the late show at HDD at 9:30 which is back. DC gives 10% off HDD, I am not sure if it is for all shows, I got the discount for the 7:15 show.

Hope this helps in some way!

An AP pass gets you resort discounts and a discount on lunches in the park restaurants and discounts at certain DD stores. In that respect it's very similiar to a DC card. We opt for the AP and skip the DC card because there are too many duplicate benefits. Everyone in your party does not need to get an AP pass for you to get the benefits listed above. I'm sorry I don't have the phone number handy but there's a toll-free number available for anyone to use, not just DC card holders. Someone here can help with that number.

Where I find the DC card to be a good value is that you get a % off your park passes and depending on how many you need determines the value of the card in that respect. As stated above there are ways to get $10 off the membership, too. The biggest reward of the DC card lies in it's discount to the Disney stores. Obviously, the more you buy there the better the card becomes for value.

If you buy two regular AP passes and get a deal on the card it's break even on the cost of the card; so, then you have nothing to lose. If you don't get enough discount on the park tics you buy then you have to justify what you are spending on other items to see if it's a good deal for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter