Is lake view at the Poly worth the points?

vbmom40

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling with the grand children 22months and six years of age. We have decided the Poly would work good for us since we have stayed there before in Pago Pago. We will probably be going to bed fairly early because of the little one. Can you see the fireworks from all the lake view rooms?

If you get 2nd or 3rd floor lake view room, the fireworks view is good. Also the lake view is noisy with the boat horns from 6 am-11 pm, could be a problem if the kids are light sleepers.
Will the kids be up late enough to see the fireworks? If not save the points.

We enjoyed the fireworks. We were on the second floor, but our friends were on the first floor. I Seas glad we were supposed to see the fireworks together, they would have been disappointed trying to see them from their villa.

Do you prefer rooms with a view, then yes. If you think it is a waste of points then know. I would pick the lake view every stay at the Poly. I like the view with the bungalows and the watercraft even during the day. And you can see by the fireworks photos how great it is at night.

Fireworks view was better from the room than from the lounge at BLT. It's pretty much a straight on view of the castle. Yes, definitely worth it IMO.

We stayed there a few weeks ago and thought the lake view was great. It was nice to sit out in the morning and drink our coffee and watch the boats go by. The boat horns did not bother us at all, but know if it a problem for some.

Looking at the Touring Plans room finder it looks like Moorea is only building with Lake View and Standards are all in Pago Pago, Tokelau, or Morroea. Is that correct? I am guessing that Tokelau would be pretty much everyone's request for Standard? We have stayed in that building twice before we bought DVC and it was good location.

Looking at the Touring Plans room finder it looks like Moorea is only building with Lake View and Standards are all in Pago Pago, Tokelau, or Morroea. Is that correct? I am guessing that Tokelau would be pretty much everyone's request for Standard? We have stayed in that building twice before we bought DVC and it was good location.

Yes, Moorea is the only building with lake view studios. Third floor has the best views, with the first East end of the building (the end closest to the TTC) having marginally better perspective, imo. As mentioned, the ferry horns annoy some people, but I don't think they're bothersome and actually add to the whole experience.

Steve

I know this is an off the topic question but does anyone remember if the rooms have a High chair?

Closet - studio.jpg I do not remember one, but you can call housekeeping and have one brought up when you get to the room.

Edit: Here a photo of the closet and it does not show a high chair.

What I love about the lake view (Moorea) was the close walk to the TCC. My lake view view was looking at the bungalows.

In the Moorea building are there any bad lake view rooms?
The ground floor tends to be “bungalow” view more than lake view. Someone complained that a tree might block the view in one of the rooms on the second floor, but I don’t think that actually played out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!