Is Le Cellier worth it? (We’re not on dining plan)

We didn't think it lived up the hype the time we went but we enjoyed it. Would we go again? No. We don't mind paying the prices at Disney and don't really think they are that bad but we live in a small college town and prices are about the same here,heck we pay as much for two people at Red Lobster as we have paid at WDW signatures. As other's have said, you can probably get a better steak at the Dolphin but it's all about perspective.

We have dinner there every trip we love it! From the pretzel bread to the mushroom filet with risotto and Maple crepe brûlée for dessert. I have family members with food allergies and they do a great job with their meals as well.

100% not worth it at all. Quality is only so so, but you should get a lot better food for what they charge. Waste of money. I can make a better steak at home for a lot less cash.

We haven't gone in a few years. Too many other restaurants that we want to try.
Is it worth it? Only you can decide that. Is it cheap? No.
It's a steak house and they do a good job with that. If you live in an area with great steak houses, you may be disappointed. If they are scarce, you would enjoy it.
We plan to go back as we have enjoyed it.
For those who are not adventurous eaters, its a very safe option. Nothing wrong with that.

Not sure when you're going, but if he's a real foodie, how about giving F&W festival a try? My foodie son loved it, and my uber-picky DD did too! We're steak snobs (as beef producers) and we've only done Le Cellier once, for many of the reasons PP have listed. We all do like the filet, but we're happier getting it (and soup) at F&W.

We all also really enjoyed Cali Grill. DH had a great steak there, too. Very "foodie" plus amazing service and obviously the view. It was the only restaurant at WDW that we have ever really felt was "worth it." (I feel that way about Boma too, but the family disagrees.)

We like it (it is my husbands #1 pick) but we are always on some form of dining plan.

For a "foodie" in the Epcot area, Blue Zoo and Shula's are better choices because they offer consistency along with quality ingredients. I've never eaten at the following, but Yachtsman reports favor it over Le Cellier.

Some people describe themselves as a foodie because they eat a lot, they just like food! Some because quality of ingredients and preparation are important to them. Some because they like to try uncommon or unusual flavors/products. Or, any combo of the above.

All said, you all are going to be the best judges about the experience. Once you prioritize location (in park or not), menu offerings, and ambience it will be easier to pick. Pricing for steak is similar at all of them. Shula's and Yachtsman have separate charges for accompaniments (which are shareable). IMO, LC is not worth it for the money because of inconsistency and the crowded seating. I would choose Blue Zoo because it's wonderful and the variety is nice when the other members of the party want something other than steak. If your son wants a cut other than filet, BZ isn't a great choice.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/le-cellier/lunch-dinner
http://allears.net/dining/menu/yachtsman-steakhouse/dinner
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/shulas-dinner.pdf
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/bluezoo-dinner.pdf

If you plan on going to DS
http://allears.net/dining/menu/stk-orlando/dinner
http://allears.net/dining/menu/the-boathouse/lunch-dinner

Ate at Le Cellier a few years ago. The steaks were good but not some of the best I've ever had. I do not think it's worth the money they charge. If you're looking for a great steak on property I would suggest either Shula's at the Dolphin (best steaks IMO) or Yacthsman Steakhouse at The Yacht Club.

The opinions are always very positive or very negative. IMHO the filet is the best meal at WDW but then there are lots who will disagree. I say make up your own mind and ignore what the rest of us say. :)

I think if your son really wants to go, you should do it. Where we live we have some of the best steak restaurants in the US, and I wouldn't compare LeCellier, or any WDW restaurant, to any of them. But, for Disney, they have a delicious filet and the atmosphere is very unique. What our family usually does to keep costs down is to order several appetizers and then split an entree. This way we get a little taste of everything. When paying out of pocket you can dictate how much or how little you want to order. Hope your son enjoys the meal--we always do!

Let me start by saying if your son wants to go there then go and give it a try. Now to answer your question is it worth it?

NO. But this is my opinion. I think the steaks are very average at best. The atmosphere is very cramped and very loud with tables stacked so close together. Nothing signature about this place at all. I'm also not a big fan of the infamous mushroom filet. It tasted like Campbells soup poured over an Outback steak and served up with a side of Minute Rice and laced with a ton of salt. But hey, they do have a great cheese beer soup and the pretzel breadsticks are outstanding... Yachtsman Steakhouse and Shula's are both minutes away and blow this place away. Again, just my opinion.

IMO it was well worth it when it was a one-credit meal on the DDP and the cash prices were in line with that.

When they changed it to two credits, it was said that they would upgrade the steaks and remove some tables, but the only thing they changed was the pricing.

Service is provided by college interns from Canada. They are nice and efficient, but do not compare to the senior staff who serve at other signatures. For example, the waiter who served us at the Yachtsman for my in-laws’ 50th was phenomenal. He turned our meal into the very special occasion that it was. You’re not going to get any waitstaff of that caliber serving you at LeCellier.

Last edited:
We went Thanksgiving 2016 and it was amazing.. The pretzel bread, the poutine, the filet, the dessert.. It was all great!! We had some of the best service. From the hostess to our waitress, they were all great.

We don’t go to any of the signature restaurants because we just don’t like spending that much $$$$$$ on meals. However, My teenage son is a bit of foodie, loves steak and has been dying to go to Le Cellier. So, for our next trip, we’ve decided to bite to bullet and go.
Is it really worth the price? (I’m trying to get over my sticker shock after looking at the menu).

You need to go and decide for yourself. My own experience, once was enough. I would consider the Gaylord Palms and "Old Hickory".

If you can afford to try it, I agree with other previous posters to go check it out for yourself. To me the food is typical Disney, but it's one of my son's favorites. And although he's older now (20 years old), he doesn't have too many requests for our WDW vacations, EXCEPT that we have an ADR for Le Cellier.

My dad loves it and always requests it but we had not been back since it went to signature status because of the pricing. I decided to surprise him with it on our trip last week as a thank you for a lot of help he's given me recently at my new house. He was excited to give it another try and it was fine but not great. They really did not do anything to make the atmosphere more of a "signature" location when the made the change so it just feels like you are paying an awful lot for another crowded WDW restaurants. Our service was also just okay not great - I would have expected a bit more at that price point. We probably won't be back for a while. BUT, having said all that, if you have never been and your son loves steak it might be worth one visit.

I went there this trip because a friend had been so looking forward to going there and then Irma happened. She had to cancel her trip. So I took a plushie with me and we did a trip diary for her.

Anyway... the food was okay. I actually liked the taste of the smaller portions at Food and Wine way better. I had the cheese soup and the filet with mushroom risotto. Overpriced, but as I was on the dining plan I was willing to tolerate that.

What really got me was the service though. I did try to dress nicely specifically, but it was way too humid to really dress like I felt it would have been appropriate. And yes, I was carrying a big plush Cheshire Cat with me. I even explained the travel diary thing to my server when I noticed the first odd look.

The treatment I got was curt, to the point of being abrasive. The only real "conversation" we had was when I asked if I could use a snack credit on the cheese soup, only to be snapped at that she could switch the soup for dessert on the Dining Plan. I specifically said okay, let's do that, but I may want dessert later and would just pay OOP.

My entree came before I was even half done with my soup, brought by a different server. Yes, I was taking some pictures of the cat and wasn't steadily eating, but I happened to look at the watch: 6 minutes and 20 seconds. Granted I was a solo adult dining with a plush cat and Pokemon Go was running on my phone... but I wasn't at McDonalds, I thought I could enjoy my meal without being rushed. Then when I was actually done I was waiting over 15 minutes til the entree was back, which of course had been sitting under the heat lamp, and you could tell.

Half way through the main course my server appeared again to scan my Magic Band for the dining plan. My question about dessert was ignored. I decided to go to the Chocolate Studio then because at that point it was blatantly obvious she wanted me out - she came back to try and take my plate away twice while I was still eating. Two businessmen were dining next to me, ordering several expensive wines while I was there. She was all over them.

I haven't had LC since it went 2 credits but we will be trying it this yr again. From what I remember it was good enough for 2 TS tho..

My thoughts aren't based on the food. If your son doesn't normally beg for a specific restaurant, if you don't dine out a lot and it would be special then I say go for it. You'll likely soon forget the flavor, but it may be an experience he will always remember. Now of course, if he is prone to getting super excited often about trying a new place then my words don't apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!