Is May a good time to go to WDW?

lecach

<font color=darkorchid>Will not get out of bed unl
This will be my 6th trip, husbands first trip as an adult. We are thinking about going May 4-11, 2002 but I want to make sure the crowds arent too bad. In the past i have always gone in March and have enjoyed great weather and short wait times. Since schools havent let out yet in May I would think the crowds would be light. Any info or advice?

may is one of the best times to go to wdw!!! I went there one year after college got out around may 11th I think and it was wonderful. The weather was great ..warm but not hot. we were there for the international flower and Garden festival in Epcot and it was great! The crowds were really good. The only time we really had to wait in a long line was for the Comedy Warehouse in Pleasure Island. We went to Blizzard Beach and that wasn't even that crowded in the middle of the day! I would highly recommend going in May...plus you may also get to see some of the Star Wars weekends too.

I enjoyed going to WDW in May. The crowds aren't too bad and the heat is quite tolerable. I think you can get some value season rates, but I'm not sure. happy planning...:)

I love May!! you have the flower and garden show!! this May wass the least crowed I have seen May!! I say it is just great!!

May is a great time to go!!! Not too hot or humid and the crowds aren't bad. And you will get to see the Interntional Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot which is not to be missed!!! Next to December, May is my favorite time to visit WDW.

We went last year in May and it is almost as good as March. March is our favorite time to go too. Didn't notice any more of a crowd but it was warmer. I wouldn't hestitate to gp\o again at this time.

I've only gone in the middle of May and the crowds are light, but the heat is starting up. Not as humid as the summer, but the temps can be in the low ninetys.

May is the closest to summer I EVER go! My next possible month in the year is September.

This past May it got hot but it was tolerable. I, personally, cannot stand the heat but I managed to deal with it.

I must like it, I go every May now!

Another positive comment about going to WDW in EARLY May! We went May 3 - 9 this year and it was a perfect vacation! Nice, warm weather, but not HOT. Low crowds, very minimal or NO waits for rides and attractions. I would definitely go back again in early May. We're going back in early December and hoping it'll be just as good an experience. :)

Just depends - I believe that Florida schools get out earlier than most so that can have an effect on crowds. We have been in May the past 3 years and found it to be okay. Weekends as always are crowded, but weekdays aren't too bad.

The closer you get to Memorial Day the more crowded it will get though. As for the weather - it wasn't too bad for us, but we both grew up in the south and living in Michigan now - it was a welcome change! If you aren't used to the heat though it might be a bit warm.

May is pretty good. the weather is good, not terribly crowded.
watch out for the Grad Night's though, they will close parks early for them, and no night shows/parades.

don't miss the MGM Star Wars weekends! they're a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter