Is overnight parking being charged?

gatechfan99

Mouseketeer
We just got home yesterday from a 3 night stay at the Yacht Club. We definitely booked the stay after the time they announced they were going to charge for overnight parking.

When I got the bill, I looked over it and was (pleasantly) surprised to see no parking charges. When I thought about it, at no time did anyone ask me if I was parking overnight. The only time parking was mentioned was when I first pulled up at the gate, he scanned my Magic Band but didn't give me a parking permit and just showed me where the self parking lot was. Definitely didn't confirm I would be parking every night there (for example, I could have been driving a rental car from somewhere else that I was going to unload and then return since I wouldn't need it for my time at Disney).

Just wondering if I got lucky or if they have pulled back on the idea of charging for parking. Or is it something they may add after I checked out and got what I thought was the final bill?

Just wondering if I got lucky or if they have pulled back on the idea of charging for parking. Or is it something they may add after I checked out and got what I thought was the final bill?

I've been seeing more and more posts like this lately. It appears WDW is up to their inconsistent ways again. Some get charged and some don't.

Consider it a bit of Disney "magic." Someone else posted that they only had a vehicle for part of their trip (like 3 of 7 days), and they were charged precisely 3 days of overnight parking, somehow. They too explained that they magic banded in each time.

I've never had my magic band scanned at Animal Kingdom lot when I drive there. Granted, we are there ridiculously early, but I always thought that strange. As if it is free parking if you get there early enough.

I've never had my magic band scanned at Animal Kingdom lot when I drive there. Granted, we are there ridiculously early, but I always thought that strange. As if it is free parking if you get there early enough.

Yes, that sometimes happens at theme parks. This thread is about the parking charge at the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts