Is Redweek safe to rent from?

marynpaul

Mouseketeer
I found a really good deal on my dates in September. The listing in Redweek says Redweek verified. Do you think they are ok. Trying to ease my mind.

I booked Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2 bed for 7 nights for $500. I was really nervous as it seems this is about $300 less than everyone else had listed. The owner called me directly this morning and booked the resort. I have an official confirmation from Wyndham.

Wow!!! You got a great rate!!!! Yes they are valid and they are NOT a scam. I got a similar deal last year $550 for a 2 bedroom in Bonnet Creek. Many times, the timeshare owner has points/weeks they paid for and never used. They rent for little money to keep from losing out completely. Redweek is a legitimate business. I use Redweek and TUG2.net for all of my vacation rentals. As I said, the cheap price is due to the owner trying to recover a little something back. There is a cut off time period for them to use the points/weeks. If they don't use them, they lose them. So they are renting to you for $500 so they get something back but it is far less than what they paid. RELAX. You will be fine. And "Redweek Verified" means that Redweek has verified their information for that listing. Once you go and have a GREAT time, you will be glad to pay the annual $18 fee to redweek because you will look forward to renting from an owner again!!!!

You are very welcome. I am glad I was able to give you a little peace of mind. :goodvibes:cheer2:

lots of time with a really cheap rental - the person brought the rental from RCI and is trying to rent it - assuming redweek knows this trick and has verified it you should be fine.

Wow!!! You got a great rate!!!! Yes they are valid and they are NOT a scam. I got a similar deal last year $550 for a 2 bedroom in Bonnet Creek. Many times, the timeshare owner has points/weeks they paid for and never used. They rent for little money to keep from losing out completely. Redweek is a legitimate business. I use Redweek and TUG2.net for all of my vacation rentals. As I said, the cheap price is due to the owner trying to recover a little something back. There is a cut off time period for them to use the points/weeks. If they don't use them, they lose them. So they are renting to you for $500 so they get something back but it is far less than what they paid. RELAX. You will be fine. And "Redweek Verified" means that Redweek has verified their information for that listing. Once you go and have a GREAT time, you will be glad to pay the annual $18 fee to redweek because you will look forward to renting from an owner again!!!!

Do you know if the rates posted on Redweek include taxes and fees? If not, do you know what they would run?

Thank you for the replies! I have requested to book....and am anxiously awaiting a reply! How long is typical response time? Also, the week I want was not a verified booking..has anyone had any trouble with a non verified reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!