Is Shipping a Bicycle in Feasible?

_Cy_

Earning My Ears
Hi!

For my Sept FW trip, I will not have a vehicle. If I follow all the shipping label rules, is their any reason you can think of that would prevent me from having Wal-Mart deliver a cheap bike to myself and have it waiting when I arrive? I suppose I could throw a few tools in my backpack for assembly...

Thanks,

Cy

Where would you be hoping to ride this bicycle to? That would be my biggest concern with the plan, as a lot of the roads at Disney are not biker friendly most times of the day.

Cy, you can ride the bike around the Fort only IMO. In the past you could also ride over to Wilderness Lodge on the Exercise Trail that connects the two but it is currently closed due to the DVC/resort construction down behind Pioneer Hall.

I suppose you COULD do the ship/build/throwaway bike but it's a pain. Plus you'd have to drag it to the bike barn to use their air compressor or borrow or bring a pump.

Why don't you rent a cruiser from the bike shop across I4 in Celebration?

Evolve Bicycle Rentals

$25/day or $125/week and free delivery/pickup with the weekly rate. Small fee for shorter rentals.

That way all you have to do is throw a bike chain/lock in your luggage instead.

How long are you staying in Sep? That month can still be hot, humid, and rainy at the Fort.

Bama Ed

PS - for those reading, bike rentals from the Fort's Bike Barn are daily rentals ONLY (must be returned at the end of the day) which makes multi-day bike rentals awkward. Those are in the range of $20/day.

Last edited:

I would go the outside rental route Ed posted.

You could do an Amazon/Walmart/Whoever ship/build/throw away, but the weekly rental would probably come out cheaper, be easier (no build) and you wouldn't have to throw anything away and feel like you were wasting the money.

I'll assume you just want it to get around the Fort? The Fort is huge and having a bike is nice. I use to be a long distance cyclist. I have brought my road bike to the Fort and rode on the WDW property roads, but outside the Fort, the roads are relatively narrow. You get 3 kinds of drivers on them. The delivery trucks (they know where they are going, but take up most of the road. The CMs coming or going to work. They know where they are going, but usually do it at the speed of light. And then there are the guests/tourists/completely clueless on where they are going, how to get there and... "HEY! where did that bike come ... ?"

In other words, unless you are a very experienced cyclist and are VERY comfortable riding in traffic (or have somewhat of a death wish), I'd stay within the gates of the Fort.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!