Is Silver Plan Needed? PLUS MORE QUESTIONS.

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney World in April of 04. We I was booking my trip I was pursuaded into adding on the silver plan.

I Hope this is the right forum for this but I'd like to know if it's worth it to pay so much extra (7 nights with 5 people) for the silver plan.

I was told that if we just use it for the 2 meals per day we will get our money's worth but is that true or are there places a family can eat that are inexpensive.

Any help and opinions would be appriciated.

Thanks

princess:

Yes, but also remember, you do not have to use them for just meals. You can rent out mice, bikes, spa treatments, trinkets.

Rule of thumb: as long as each wish is over $34.00 you're getting your money's worth.

We did it this past August, and we did the Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha, Jiko, California Grille, places where we would normally not eat due to cost but really enjoyed and now know some of these places are well worth their cost! DD11 wants to go back to Jiko's the night before our cruise, that's how much she really enjoyed the food!

Make sure you make PS so that you won't be dissappointed.

Enjoy your trip!

Scratch
pirate:

It depends entirely on your style of eating. I you eat a lot of sit-down expensive meals then it could be worth it. Also. if you plan on seeing shows or using the wishes for expensive spa treatments or a lot of babysitting it would be worth it. However, if your family tends to eat mostly counter service and you are not planning on any extras-there are definately ways of eating MUCH cheaper at WDW.

We have done the silver plan our past 2 trips and we've decided that is the way to go.

Got to see La Nouba. Has back to back Swedish massages at GF. Ate at Narcoosee at the GF (highly recommend). Took back lot tour. Ate at many other restaurants that you normally wouldn't eat at and the tip is included. Waitstaff love people on the silver plan.

Don't forget to make those PS arrangements.

Since I am such a Disney Newbie I have to ask. What is PS?

Also since I am new if I do stick with the silver plan does that mean that I need to make reservations for all of our meal at restaurants ahead of time? Is there a list.

What I need is someone's list of what to do and where to go ;)

Also What if I decide to use the wishes for meals but then while we are there we decide that we aren't really hungry that day for a big meal and would rather use a days wishes on a spa treatment etc. Do I just cancel the reservation while I am there?
Do I need to make advance spa reservations? Is there a list of spas I can choose from ahead of time?

I figured with my two youngest also on the silver plan and them eating like birds we could use their wishes for other things and pay for their meals. Can that be done? Or is it that everyone has to use their wishes for the same treats?

Thanks for any help in dismissing my confusion HA!

First of all, PS stands for Priority Seating. This allows you to get a reservation at any and all restaurants on Disney Property. Some PS's, reservations, require a deposit and must be cancelled in advance without losing your deposit.

Your best bet is to start out with www.wdwinfo.com and check the menus there. In order to get your money's worth, most of these restaurants do require PS's.

Yes you can use the children's wishes for other things. It is recommended to pay for the kids' meals and use the wishes for more expensive items.

Can't find my notes at the moment but there is also information at Disney's site under packages/silver.

Janet2k also has information someplace here too.

Hope this adds to your confusion!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter