Is the DCP summer program only for Alumni?

RoxyMouse

It's kind of fun to do the impossible
I am currently double majoring with a non flexible course schedule for each semester and summer internships are the best option for me. Can I apply for the DL DCP, or is it just for Alumni?

I am currently double majoring with a non flexible course schedule for each semester and summer internships are the best option for me. Can I apply for the DL DCP, or is it just for Alumni?

Unfortunately, the summer program for either coast is alumni-only :(

If your school schedule won't budge, you do have 6 months after you graduate to apply for a college program. I would definitely plan for that, the program is a wonderful experience!

Would it be viable to attempt to apply as a cast member rather than an intern? Would they hire for a short term/seasonal employment?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm not too experienced in this area

As far as I know, seasonal employment only requires CMs to work a certain number of hours per year, so this may work for you. But it's worth keeping in mind that many of the perks of the CP (guaranteed housing, free transportation, etc.) won't be made available to you as a regular CM. If you're not from CA and/or FL, this would mean flying down, providing your own housing and bringing a car (or paying to Uber). So...not impossible, but definitely a lot more difficult.

I second the CP post-graduation though. You can apply during your final semester to attend after graduating (which is what I'm going to be trying soon) and I believe the rules have been altered so you can now also apply up to six months after graduating from college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!