Is the Food & Wine still as crazy as it was in 2013?

I absolutely have seen blatantly drunken behavior (puking, yelling, cussing, physical issues like running into people, etc...) and it grew worse through the years (many moons ago, people didn't get so sloshed at F&W). As far as days of the week; definitely highest on Friday and Saturday night, above average on Sunday. The other days of the week are not nearly as bad, but I prefer F&G to F&W now because I don't want to put up with loud intoxicated individuals competing to see who can drink the most. Disney tried to cut down on the size of servings, but I don't think that has actually helped anything.

We accidentally went to EP on the last Saturday of F&W last year (I was paying zero attention to calendars and we sort of went that day on a whim). Oh my goodness - I've never seen bigger crowds in EP in my entire life (and we go fairly often). We went from FW to the Mexico pavilion and could barely move. The lines for the kiosks and anything involving alcohol were SO long. Decided to hightail it out of EP and went over to DHS instead. If you go, I would just avoid weekends!

Seen vomiting. Seen fights. Seen people stumbling around. It's pretty sad -- they have to know kids (sometimes their own kids) are watching...

The festival is definitely more popular in general and as others have said the weekends see the worst of it. If possible to visit other parks then and visit F&W during the week, I would -- purely on the basis of crowds. I've been every year since 2006 and have never seen the level of debauchery that others have. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened. We're generally too busy having our own fun to be looking for it -- and we do avoid the weekends.

One thing I have noticed is foul language but I think that's a general societal thing not specific to F&W. I'm not personally offended by it and have a bit of a potty mouth myself (that I try very hard to watch around kids) but there was a day last year when a group of guys were dropping f-bombs every other word and I felt bad for the parents of young kids in the vicinity. Note this was at 11am just as the booths were opening so I'm not sure alcohol was a factor at all.

Personally, I wouldn't let the horror stories or even your own 2013 experience dissuade you from spending time at the festival. It's such a fun event and in general the people are great. We've met so many fun people in line, at events, and sharing tables. I hope you have a great trip!!

So maybe one. Did you actually see someone in Epcot vomit or did you see the CM cleaning up? I have seen a child vomit in Epcot. I doubt it was because of alcohol.

Last edited:
I can't fathom how much it costs to get falling down, throwing up drunk at F&W. Even for a light weight. Maybe folks got halfway there before getting to Epcot?
We have gone every year since well before 2013, multiple days. Never once saw anyone even close to falling down or throwing up. Tipsy sure. Myself included. But that costs enough.
So I doubt Disney thinks anything needs to be controlled by them. The prices do it all by themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter