Is the Frozen show worth the 90-120 minute investment?

I don't know if it makes me elated or gassy...but its somewhere in that zone

J/K...we love the show, but we don't hit it every time. Just really depends on the crowd level, max passes we are able to get and if we are just wanting to see it or not. The performances are really good, and the quick change is worth the time to see at least once.

I think it is an excellent show (and you can usually get in shortly before showtime if you aren’t picky about your seat). But if you are going to the Broadway one you can miss it without feeling like you are missing any experiences. Also, it does have proper theatre seats not like the benches at Nemo.
This post was good advice. I saw it the first time because I wanted to sit down for a while. It was the first time in that theater and thought the theater and the cast were Great. But if you have Broadway tickets don’t bother unless you need a rest.

Will it make sense to someone (not naming names :rolleyes1) who has never seen the movie and hasn’t a clue as to the story?

This post was good advice. I saw it the first time because I wanted to sit down for a while. It was the first time in that theater and thought the theater and the cast were Great. But if you have Broadway tickets don’t bother unless you need a rest.
Yes, I have seen it 3x. Once for myself the first time. Once with friends for their first visit. And once because I just wanted some place cool and comfy to sit for a while and they had just started letting people in :P

For the OP: given that your trip is during Dapper Day Weekend, keep this show on your options list. Depending on the weather, a comfortable seat in a/c can be a very welcome break!

For everyone in my family it was not worth it. Good show; but . . . Loved Aladdin better; maybe just because of the Gene!! But if you haven't see worth doing and checking off the list. You don't need to get close; in fact for our party we found that a bit further back/yet trying to stay center was best viewing! Good Luck and have fun.

Just saw Frozen @ DCA for the first time over the weekend. Did I go to a different show? My whole family thought the show was TERRIBLE! So bad it was good, laughably bad in fact. For starters, it was dull. So dull in fact that I kept drifting off to sleep. That's where the wierdness started; I'd wake up and WHOA! What the heck? There's be some new, really creepy thing on the stage I was not expecting. The first was the rock creatures when Anna get's zapped in the head. It took me a minute to realize it was suppose to be the same lovable creatures from the movie. The stage version is just really creepy though. I nodded off again, only to wake up about when Sven first appeared on stage. I nudged my son (also asleep) to let him know his favorite character was on stage but - WTH?!? The head was OK, but there was some strange human head sticking up in his back and his feet didn't touch the floor - CREEEEPY!! The next scene at least kept me awake - but can we talk about the wolves? Jeebus - more like creepy, undersized werewolves that looked much more human than "wolf".

Nodded off again, woke up to Olaf...Who couldn't love Olaf? OK, but it was like he was being held hostage at gunpoint by the puppeteer - just weird. Finally we see Elsa in the ice castle which was a high point. THe singing was OK - a little pitchy and out of tune, certainly no Adel Dazeem, but maybe shouldn't expect that for a theme park production (insert the criticism from the Alladin faithful here though). Can I take a minute to talk about casting? I get it, Disney is all into inclusion, but this was just off-putting. The only person on stage that looked remotely Nordic was Oaken, and he was on stage for 5 seconds. I also get that putting little kids into a stage show that runs 365 days a year would be challenging at best, but the age progression of Anna and Elsa didn't work. I think there were younger and older actors? Hard to say from the balcony.

Oh yeah, the balcony - the most baffling thing about this show is it is 3 years in and still plays to a packed house. No need to get there early, but all the seats are full by the opening scene. Huh? I know I'm not the only one who thinks this show is terrible. With all the local AP traffic @ DCA How can that be?

Anyway, more nodding off. Woke up to the scene with the rock people after Anna gets zapped int he heart. I didn't think those could get more creepy, but, sure enough, you fill a stage with them and the creepy is really ramped up. My 5-year-old daughter keeps bugging me, when is it going to end? Finally the finale scene; easily 4 conversations taking place at the same time - super confusing, and yes, I've seen the movie as much as you have. Bad guys get banished, good guys win the day, and we get caught up in the rush of people leaving the theater before the final curtain is dropped. Honestly, that never happened at any of the Alladin shows we went to.

I WILL SAY, it was memorable. The rest of the day we had ourselves in hysterics bringing up different creepy aspects of the show. Bad though, REALLY bad! SERIOUSLY, I'm not one of the Alladin faithful that wishes that show would return. My wife loves the Frozen sing-along at DHS - that would be a much better fit here. Actually, just about ANYTHING would be better here - maybe bring the Country Bears here? They are far more believable and far less creepy - even the movie version.

How can this thread be 3 pages long and I'm the first dissenting opinion?

Just saw Frozen @ DCA for the first time over the weekend. Did I go to a different show? My whole family thought the show was TERRIBLE! So bad it was good, laughably bad in fact. For starters, it was dull. So dull in fact that I kept drifting off to sleep. That's where the wierdness started; I'd wake up and WHOA! What the heck? There's be some new, really creepy thing on the stage I was not expecting. The first was the rock creatures when Anna get's zapped in the head. It took me a minute to realize it was suppose to be the same lovable creatures from the movie. The stage version is just really creepy though. I nodded off again, only to wake up about when Sven first appeared on stage. I nudged my son (also asleep) to let him know his favorite character was on stage but - WTH?!? The head was OK, but there was some strange human head sticking up in his back and his feet didn't touch the floor - CREEEEPY!! The next scene at least kept me awake - but can we talk about the wolves? Jeebus - more like creepy, undersized werewolves that looked much more human than "wolf".

Nodded off again, woke up to Olaf...Who couldn't love Olaf? OK, but it was like he was being held hostage at gunpoint by the puppeteer - just weird. Finally we see Elsa in the ice castle which was a high point. THe singing was OK - a little pitchy and out of tune, certainly no Adel Dazeem, but maybe shouldn't expect that for a theme park production (insert the criticism from the Alladin faithful here though). Can I take a minute to talk about casting? I get it, Disney is all into inclusion, but this was just off-putting. The only person on stage that looked remotely Nordic was Oaken, and he was on stage for 5 seconds. I also get that putting little kids into a stage show that runs 365 days a year would be challenging at best, but the age progression of Anna and Elsa didn't work. I think there were younger and older actors? Hard to say from the balcony.

Oh yeah, the balcony - the most baffling thing about this show is it is 3 years in and still plays to a packed house. No need to get there early, but all the seats are full by the opening scene. Huh? I know I'm not the only one who thinks this show is terrible. With all the local AP traffic @ DCA How can that be?

Anyway, more nodding off. Woke up to the scene with the rock people after Anna gets zapped int he heart. I didn't think those could get more creepy, but, sure enough, you fill a stage with them and the creepy is really ramped up. My 5-year-old daughter keeps bugging me, when is it going to end? Finally the finale scene; easily 4 conversations taking place at the same time - super confusing, and yes, I've seen the movie as much as you have. Bad guys get banished, good guys win the day, and we get caught up in the rush of people leaving the theater before the final curtain is dropped. Honestly, that never happened at any of the Alladin shows we went to.

I WILL SAY, it was memorable. The rest of the day we had ourselves in hysterics bringing up different creepy aspects of the show. Bad though, REALLY bad! SERIOUSLY, I'm not one of the Alladin faithful that wishes that show would return. My wife loves the Frozen sing-along at DHS - that would be a much better fit here. Actually, just about ANYTHING would be better here - maybe bring the Country Bears here? They are far more believable and far less creepy - even the movie version.

How can this thread be 3 pages long and I'm the first dissenting opinion?
LOL ! The show is NOT that bad. It’s not Broadway! But when I went the singing was very good. I liked the lighting special effects, sure they have puppets for some of the characters but it’s a play and not a cartoon. If you Only have one day in the park you could skip it. But if you want to take a break and sit in some air conditioning you can’t go wrong!

I watched it one time and it was pretty good. But to me it seemed like a copy of the movie in a lot of ways. I remember thinking I could watch the movie at home but at home I couldn’t go on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, and California Screamin’ (it was awhile ago I saw it lol). Especially if you are seeing the broadway show, I wouldn’t waste your park time on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter