Is the last MVMCP of the season really packed?

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
We have the option of going to MVMCP either Thursday, December 16th or to the last party on Friday, the 17th. The last one would be better overall in our schedule, but I was a bit worried that with it being the last one, on a Friday night AND nearer the time when the big crowds hit for Christmas that it might be better to work out going on Thursday.

Any experience from previous years to give me some guidance? Thanks! :)

I would defineately chose the Thursday date, the problem with weekends is that alot of locals go on those days since most are off on Sat. and Sun. also the closer you get to Christmas the more crowded they seem to get. You will have a wonderful time! It is probably easier also to get PS's for a Thursday over a Friday.

We have no choice but to go on 12/17 - the last night. So I need a little reassurance. I have read that this party typically sells out with the max tickets being 20,000. Also read that the max crowds in the park on a regular day is 80,000. So the 20,000 has been compared to the crowds during off season. So that being the case, the lines for most things should be manageable - right? Or am i just deluding myself?

Any opinions of people who have been there on a sell out night would be appreciated.

I believe you're right, the crowds will be manageable, that's why they limit the number of tickets sold. You probably will have to do some waiting, but nothing like you would on a summer day. We have tickets for December 16 and we can't wait. Have a great time!!:earsgirl:

Our two previous trips we've arrived just in time to catch the last party on the last Friday night. We've loved it.

A few things I think contribute to this:

In 2002 we went in early, ate at LTT, and rode the Tomorrowland attractions until the party "opened." In 2000, the only people in the park early were at the restaurants (we were at CP) and had to stay there until opening time.

In both cases, we went right to Fantasyland and had about an hour in which there were no lines anywhere. The front of the park is probably a madhouse, with lots coming in and holding first parade spots. But we didn't experience any of that.

Our longest wait times the whole evening (in both trips) was around a ten minute wait for Splash Mountain and Haunted mansion.

The first year we went to the Belle show about a half hour early, sat on the first row, and kids were asked to be part of the show (they declined -- the weenies) but DH played the Beast.

Around 10:00 we make our way to Main Street and get a spot for the second parade. Then we take turns shopping the candy store and Emporium until show time. The second year DD helped warm up the parade crowd with a CM while we waited by singing Christmas songs.

I think one of the factors is the importance of shows to your group. If we were trying to fit in a lot of those, we would be moving with big crowds in limited time frames, which would eliminate a lot of ride time that we enjoy.

All that said, we are getting there early enough to attend the Thursday on the 16th this year, so I will be interested to see if there is a discernable difference in attendance.

Thanks Ciera321 and DemonLlama for the reassurance.

Question: I have posted this on the MVMCP offficial post at the top of page one but have not gotten any replys yet. Does anyone know how long any of the shows are? And can anyone give me specifics about the Snow on Main Street? Does it Snow all night or just during the parade?

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Tinkmom
We have the option of going to MVMCP either Thursday, December 16th or to the last party on Friday, the 17th. The last one would be better overall in our schedule, but I was a bit worried that with it being the last one, on a Friday night AND nearer the time when the big crowds hit for Christmas that it might be better to work out going on Thursday.

Any experience from previous years to give me some guidance? Thanks! :)

The short answer is that it isn't going to matter. My advice is to pick the party that fits your schedule best.

There are a limited number of tickets sold for each MVMCP. (No one on the boards know for sure what number that is, though). We've been going every year since 1998 and you can have a great time even if the party sells out.

While it is true that Friday nights tend to sell out first, I believe that the last Thursday night party won't be far behind. There have been years in which ALL the party nights sold out. Since park attendance has been increasing this year over the past few years, it's not a stretch to think that several of the weeknight parties will sell out this year. The last Thursday party is a good candidate for sell out, IMHO.

Anyway, if both nights are sold out, it really won't matter which you choose. Might as well choose the night that works the best for your personal situation.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter