Is the Muppet 3D movie theater closing?

I don't think it will matter that much. Disney actively suppresses all knowledge of Song of the South, yet Splash Mountain is still a very popular ride. Avatar has the added benefit of having very little tie in to the story or characters of the movie, it's just about the environment.

You could build a generic roller coaster in the middle of any of the parks and it would have a line around the corner. That was not my point.

Too bad RnRC is so far away from the Muppet theater. Are you ready for the best idea ever? I can't believe no one has thought of this, seriously!

Re-theme RnRC and replace Aerosmith with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!<mic drop>

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Teeth_and_the_Electric_Mayhem

That is actually a great, great idea. I wonder if they would think of moving the attraction over to the Muppets. This would also create more space for a new attraction where RnR currently is.

Well, Monsters University was a bit of dud in our book. You're right though, we enjoyed seeing them again. But, man, that plot was a stinker.

I enjoyed it, it reminded me of some of my favorite 80's college movies like Revenge of the Nerds and Animal House.

Well, Monsters University was a bit of dud in our book. You're right though, we enjoyed seeing them again. But, man, that plot was a stinker.

I'm glad the plans for Monstropolis fell through. Enough of the half-baked Pixar movie lands and let's give the Muppets some well-deserved love.

On that note, as much as people want to hold on to Jim Henson's final project, I do think it's time for the Muppet 3D show to get a up-to-date refresh

I'm glad the plans for Monstropolis fell through. Enough of the half-baked Pixar movie lands and let's give the Muppets some well-deserved love.

On that note, as much as people want to hold on to Jim Henson's final project, I do think it's time for the Muppet 3D show to get a up-to-date refresh

I love the Muppets, but those Pixar movies who you are belittling make much more at the box office. A real life Monstropolis would be a huge upgrade over the current Muppet section. Especially since they don't want to put any money into this section or even call the area next to it Muppets.

I think they are just waiting for Star Wars Land to make Rizzo's a full time quick service. I'm sure not everyone will be able to go to the eateries in that section and will have to venture outward.

I think they are just waiting for Star Wars Land to make Rizzo's a full time quick service. I'm sure not everyone will be able to go to the eateries in that section and will have to venture outward.

I don't get why.

There's no time of the year Pizzerizzo and Tomorrowland Terrace should be closed. It is crowded in even September now.

according to this blog post, they are rethemeing the plaza to accommodate the crush of humanity when Star Wars Land opens;
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/what-dvc-members-need-to-know-about-star-wars-land/
Disney converted the area around Muppet Vision 3D into a new themed land, Grand Avenue. Park planners will apparently employ Grand Avenue as a feeder section for Star Wars Land. Disney hasn’t officially confirmed this yet, but it’s the prevailing belief about how they will control park traffic.

That is actually a great, great idea. I wonder if they would think of moving the attraction over to the Muppets. This would also create more space for a new attraction where RnR currently is.
Thanks - it would probably be easier to move the theater to be closer to RnRC (and upgrade it of course). Besides, taking another look at the map; the only thing between Star Tours and Star Wars land is the Muppet 3D Theater and Pizzarizzos. Could the Muppet show be re-themed for Star Wars? It will almost have to be - the Muppet Show most definitely doesn't belong in the Star Wars universe, and it's about to stand out like the house in Up.

While I'm Blue-Sky'ing, I'm solidly in the "don't touch ToT" camp, but I could see all kinds of possibilities if you re-themed that for Muppets too. I mean, don't, but still...

The recent repainting of the Muppet building gives further proof of the Muppets heading out. In favor of the more currently successful Monsters Inc franchise.

No, it would be cheaper to build a new Muppet theater near RnR, which they could do and then reclaim the Muppet area for something else.

Disney has said similar things before about various things, especially at Disneyland about 1-3 years before they take them out.
Other than DisneySource stating these speculative rumors on here there is no evidence that Muppets is leaving anytime soon. Not saying it won't happen but it's not happening for Monsters Inc. or whatever else.

Disney also said River Country and 20,000 Leagues were down for refurbishment...
Well, at Disneyland 20,000 Leagues was down for refurbishment for many years and when it came back the themeing changed to Finding Nemo....lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter