Is the parks crowded near the end of....

lildreamer101

Simply meant to be....
October and beginning of November? Is there any fun activities or events happening? Also, do they take down the Halloween Decoration down on November 1st?

October and beginning of November? Is there any fun activities or events happening? Also, do they take down the Halloween Decoration down on November 1st?
By Nov 1st there will be a hint of Winter Holiday decorations going up. As each day goes by there are more and more until they have completed their plan.

Here is a snip from 2017 for Oct - Nov
2018-02-20 001.JPG
Here is what may happen for 2018
2018-02-20 002.JPG
This link will give you the full year 2018 to view
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3635162/

Last edited:
So there is a chance to see Halloween decorations and Winter holiday decorations? :) That's awesome!

The majority of Halloween decor will disappear the night of the 31st. Christmas will start going up so it will be fully decorated by the 9th.

HalloweenTime is one of the most popular "seasons" at DLR, so there tends to be pretty high crowds on the weekends (Fri to Sun, with some spill over onto Mondays it seems). The middle of the week stands the best chance of having moderate/manageable crowds, but I wouldn't expect the parks to be "empty". The first weekend in November is Dapper Days, which is pretty popular.

Last edited:
Assuming they do the Ghost Galaxy overlay for Space Mountain, there is a chance that will close after Halloween. With Halloween being a Wednesday this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it closed on Thursday for removal of the overlay and re-opened on Fri or Sat. Small World will likely also be closed at the end of Oct/early Nov to have the holiday overlay installed.

Yes. It will be really busy 11/4 this year. See dapperday.com web site. But you can get lower rates at the on site hotels.

They really yank down all the Halloween decorations overnight? That's amazing! pixiedust:
So Space Mountain will likely go down on Nov 1 to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay, well I know what we will be doing 10/30 & 10/31.
How about Guardians of the Galaxy: Escape? Is it taken off line to remove the nighttime 'monster' element on Nov 1?
This is our first DL/DCA trip, so we don't want to miss hitting some of must do rides, due to the holiday changeover.

They really yank down all the Halloween decorations overnight? That's amazing! pixiedust:
So Space Mountain will likely go down on Nov 1 to remove the Ghost Galaxy overlay, well I know what we will be doing 10/30 & 10/31.
How about Guardians of the Galaxy: Escape? Is it taken off line to remove the nighttime 'monster' element on Nov 1?
This is our first DL/DCA trip, so we don't want to miss hitting some of must do rides, due to the holiday changeover.
Yes, Monster's after Dark goes away on the 1st.

For planning purposes, will Disney shut down GoG:E for a day (or more) to clear out the 'Monsters after Dark' portion/overlay?

Given that November 1 is a Thursday this year, I'm inclined to think that they'll remove the SMGG overlay immediately after Halloween (i.e., I think Space will be down on 11/1 and then back on 11/2).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!