Is the Snow White show returning?

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
I checked the Disneyland website calendar for our trip in June a few weeks ago. They had the "Snow White an Enchanting Musical" listed but I just checked again and it wasn't. There were some times listed for something but it didn't say what those times were for, which was kinda weird. I think it must be for this show or maybe Bill Hill and the Hillbillies, who knows. In any case does anyone know anything about this show and whether or not its returning this summer? We love this show and are hoping to see it again. Thanks!

The last I heard it was returning in the summer for it's final season.

HydroGuy said:
Hi Amy:

I saw something on MousePlanet this week that said it was supposed to return. Check this DLR park update here:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060403xx

Thank you for that link! We are going with my little twin nieces and I told them about the show and they have their hearts set on seeing it and I don't want to have gotten their hopes up for nothing! I am not sure what the deal with the Disneyland website is, hopefully just an error and they will add it back on. I hope so!

I just checked the schedule for the first week in June since it will be our first trip it had been there since the June schedule was listed. I hope they will have it. I will be very dissapointed if we don't get to see it. How do things just magically dissappear on their website?

I know Amy's reasons for seeing Snow White are related to others in the family, but for everyone else's info I would personally put the Snow White show towards the bottom of my priority list. If you have time, see it. If not, make sure you see these before Snow White:

1. Remember Dreams Come True fireworks/laser show - simply awesome
2. Fantasmic - old reliable, but still great
3. Aladdin
4. Parade of Dreams
5. Electrical Parade

HydroGuy said:
I know Amy's reasons for seeing Snow White are related to others in the family, but for everyone else's info I would personally put the Snow White show towards the bottom of my priority list. If you have time, see it. If not, make sure you see these before Snow White:

3. Aladdin
4. Parade of Dreams
5. Electrical Parade

Hydoguy, I hate to say it to a fellow Coloradan, but you are killing me with that opinion :sad2: ! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that show! So do my two kids and my husband. I want my little nieces to see it since they weren't showing it for their January 06 visit, but even if they weren't coming, I would have to see it. Probably many times, I have to admit! Especially if this is in fact the last summer they run it. When you see the shows at WDW, (which are excellent by the way) you will appreciate Disneyland's Alladdin and Snow White shows for their complete telling of those stories .

HydroGuy said:

3. Aladdin
4. Parade of Dreams
5. Electrical Parade

I'm with you all the way! I'll see Aladdin twice each trip, but I've seen Snow White once, and that was almost too much. :) I'd have to be pretty desperate for a place to sit down and relax for a while before I'd see it again. Maybe it's partly because I have boys, so they're just not "into" Snow White as much as girls would be. What's with those crazy animal costumes?! Bluebird in a wonderbra cracked me up!

Looks like Snow White will probably make it onto our "to do" schedule. Can someone tell me more about it?

Where is it in DL? I can't even picture where they have the show. Is it in front of the castle with just everyone standing? How early do you have to get there to get a spot?

My DD is 4.5 and would probably love the show. How is it compared to the Beauty and the Beast one in WDW?

All the times weve been I have always skipped this show. First I didnt think the boys would be into it and second we always go in summer and those bleachers look to hot. Since this is the last time and we have time I thought of maybe adding it. Any others been in summer? How long before show starts do we need seats and how HOT is it sitting there. AND how long is the show?

Thanks! :wizard:

The Snow White show is performed at the outdoor stage right near the entrance of Toontown. Lately, the only thing going on there are dance and cheerleading competitions heh.

I was surprised to see the show returning and haven't seen it from the opening days for AP'ers when we got little pins and a rice crispy apple heh. Ah, good times, good times...I too will watch the show a few more times before it departs for good.

I actually saw it last Friday (the second show) on its reopening day. It was our first trip to DL we are wdw veterans and we planed our days around the show. My boys 3 and 1 Dh and I loved the show. think its terrible to retire the show it was great and the theming so elaborate. I liked the animals they are just like the characters from the Lion king broadway show. But I suppose its like retiring tarzan at animal kingdom in Florida.

I hope it is showing for those who want to see it we certainly enjoyed it.

Mahorn said:
I actually saw it last Friday (the second show) on its reopening day. It was our first trip to DL we are wdw veterans and we planed our days around the show. My boys 3 and 1 Dh and I loved the show. think its terrible to retire the show it was great and the theming so elaborate. I liked the animals they are just like the characters from the Lion king broadway show. But I suppose its like retiring tarzan at animal kingdom in Florida.

I hope it is showing for those who want to see it we certainly enjoyed it.

I am glad you saw it! I hope to see it tomorrow on our first day at Disneyland plus a few more times. I agree, its a shame they are retiring the show. My son is 11 and he enjoys it. I doubt he'd admit it to any of his friends but he never has complained when we go. And of course my 9 year old daughter thinks its fabulous! If nothing else, as someone else stated, its a nice shady place to rest a bit and get off your feet.

brenda1966 said:
Looks like Snow White will probably make it onto our "to do" schedule. Can someone tell me more about it?

Where is it in DL? I can't even picture where they have the show. Is it in front of the castle with just everyone standing? How early do you have to get there to get a spot?

My DD is 4.5 and would probably love the show. How is it compared to the Beauty and the Beast one in WDW?
We saw the show back in 2004 and although not the best Disney show we've ever seen, it's OK. I'd recommend it but only if time permits.

As others have said, it's held in the outdoor theatre near Toontown. We saw the show in the height of the summer in 2004 and it was comfortable. It's shady and provides both entertainment and a good rest.

Compared to the Beauty and the Beast show in WDW I'd say that Beauty and the Beast is better.

Have a great trip!! :thumbsup2

We were at the Snow White show last Friday as well. Even the cast members at the monorail station that day were surprised that the show was going to be on that day. We really enjoyed it. I video taped a lot of it.

We saw the show last week. It was very good and I wish they would have it at WDW, too. It would be a great replacement for the Hunchback of Notre Dame theater.

Hmmm... Do you suppose the 'summer' showing might run through September (through the end of the 50th)? We might want to add this to our list of things to do. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter