Is there a DVC Owner's Group in the DC area?

Would the weekend of June 22-23 or June 29-30? We're also around all of 4th of July week and the next two weekends in July. If you don't want to opening put up your potential availability, you're welcome to DM me and I can start composing what would work best for everyone!!
Any preference for Saturdays or Sundays? Oh! I'm so excited to get something set up and meet you all! :cheer2:

We just had a sudden death of my mother, so we will not be able to attend anything the next few weeks.

We are in Leesburg and could join on either of the weekends mentioned. Maybe somewhere around Tyson’s Corner, but we are good for other locations.

Please do post the "where" and "when" of any get-together...but for me (interestingly enough) neither of the June weekends work because we'll be at Disney then...good luck getting it set up and put together....

Hello all,

I got some feedback here and there, and it looks like June 23rd or June 30th might be the best. Given the scattering of everyone and accessibility to transportation, I figure that maybe brunch or lunch somewhere in Bethesda could be nice. The other option would be to possibly to a pot-luck type of thing at our apartment in the Navy Yard (DC proper). Our roof deck looks out to the monument and Capital building, so it's pretty nifty. If you guys like the pot-luck type idea, I would suggest June 30th - there's not a baseball game that Sunday and parking is free/pretty easy to grab if nothing is going on.

Let me know what you guys think or other suggestions you may have!

LOVE the idea of going to the Navy Yard (it's very convenient for me)...I definitely can't do 6/23 (I'll be at Disney), and I don't know if I can do 6/30...I'm due back from Disney on 6/30, so whether I can come or not will depend on the time (and place; definitely won't be up for traveling to Bethesda, but might be able to get to Cap Hill/Navy Yard), and how much energy I have left after traveling back from Disney that day...Thanks for organizing; please let us know the final details when you get them figured out...Dani

Can do June 23 or 30. We're flexible folks so happy to get together wherever / whenever/ however you decide on Sophie; as the initiator, you get to choose.

We can do the 30th! The Navy Yard for potluck brunch sounds fabulous! Thanks for offering your space and for organizing.

I would love to potluck, sorry I know I posted and then ran but I would be really interested in this! If you need any help let me know help.

Little Late to the Party here. My husband and I are DVC owners from the Reston Area. So if someone wants to start a FB group or something as well to stay in contact that would be super fun. Not sure about the dates mentioned but as others stated for the future we can only do weekends. And maybe a good idea would be to change the location each different meet-up so that it's close in proximity to everyone... instead of always staying right in the middle. DC proper IMO can be really annoying to deal with. There's some nice winery's in both VA and MD that would be fun to look into. Make a proper day of it. Again just some suggestions. And very cool idea. =D

Oooo just found this thread...we are in the Anne Arundel County area of MD but I'd love to get together for a DC/MD/VA meet. I think we can do June 23rd depending on the time, but not the 30th. I like the idea of maybe a closed FB group as well!

Hey guys !

Due to the game on this Sunday, I think it's best if we aim for June 30th just to keep parking easier for all those in the area. Sundays are non-game days are free to park in my neighborhood and there tends to be space within a block or two! My place is also pretty easy to get to by metro (Green line) so for anyone who prefers to get to a metro station, park and metro in, that's definitely an option.

If you're interested, let me know! I'll be building out a little idea for the potluck/what to bring and such. I'll be sending the address type details via DM to everyone to keep things in check.

Date: June 30th
Time frame: undecided - what's best? I was thinking a brunch/lunch might be good for everyone!
Idea: Potluck adventures!

::yes::

I'm definitely interested in attending. My best times are before evening, but am willing to be flexible :)

Good Morning,

I hope all is well. I wanted to get a few more details out for everyone who might be interested. If you think or would like to attend, please follow up on here or by DM with how many will be in your party and what you will be bringing! Once I know you’re attending, I will follow up with you directly and provide the address.

DVC DMV Poluck Brunch Meetup!

June 30th at 11:30AM – aim to be at my place between 11:30AM and noon.

Food: We will be providing some main items like a breakfast casserole and two types of quiche! If you have dietary restrictions, please let me know. If you’ll be attending, please plan on bring some sort of side or other item. We were thinking things like fruit (fruit salad), some sort of sweet pastry of sorts, and maybe something more savory as well, could all be delicious!

Drinks: We will provide POG juice (and champagne for POG mimosa) as well as coffee and a selection of teas. If you have anything in particular that you would like besides mimosas or coffee/tea, please bring it accordingly.

I did move forward with creating a closed group on FB. You can hunt for it under "Society of Disney Adventurers - DMV Clubhouse" -- I wanted a nod to S.E.A. but also DMV related.

Ahh...sounds fabulous! So sorry we will be out of town or I would have loved to attend. Hope it goes well and hope to have another one in the future!

Sophie, Got your message but DM wasn't working to reply. Yes, Greg and I can make it on Sunday. I hope some other folks can make it too. If you think you don't have enough of a response, no problem if you decide to cancel. Happy to bring a pasta salad or fruit salad; let me know later in the week and how many servings. You can DM me, the problem right now seems to be with my replying. Thanks for hosting; sounds like fun.

BTW I don't use Facebook

@vakamalua Thanks for the note! So far, no one else has responded. You and Greg are absolutely welcome to still come over on Sunday if you want. I'm hoping more will respond.

@Bellecruiser Earlier you mentioned you might be interested.. would you still be interested in this Sunday?

@SwimChicSQ Thoughts?

Fingers crossed for Sunday brunch!

Ugh...so sorry. We were really looking forward to this...seeing everyone and enjoying that part of DC. Unfortunately, I forgot we have a previous (prepaid) commitment to go to a Mosby Heritage Area presentation on the Berkeley Brothers Homes in Aldie VA. I am so so sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!