• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a trick to it?

adamandallie

Mouseketeer
I want to book Hilton head at the seven month window for Easter week. I spoke to MS and understand because it is a busy time of year I would need to book by calling day by day. Is there a trick to getting through to MS like there is for getting CRT? You know, the call at 6:55, know which prompts to hit, etc. I've only booked a DVC vacation one other time and it was at the 11 month window for my own resort.

I'm stressing out that I won't get what I need for that week. I want a one bdrm but will take a two bdrm if that is all they have (hoping to save some points for the following year).

I'm not sure you have to start dialing early, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt as their clocks may be a few minutes different than your own.

If you are calling precisely at the 7 month mark for the day you are reserving, and are calling when they open, you have as good of a chance as any non-home resort owner of getting what you want.

On the first day, you will tell them the entire desired length of your stay and they will note it in the computer. You can make your requests and give them all the info on that day.

Each day's subsequent call will only take about 30 seconds once you get through since they will call up your reservation and confirm the next day's addition to it.

The only "trick" I can think of is...once you are on the phone, don't hang up!! Just be prepared for long waits, and be very glad it's a toll free number. Plus you get to listen to some snazzy Disney music while you wait. :)

The good news is that the "day by day" reservation method is not widely known to the 80,000 DVC members. You are then competing only with the resort home owners and other savvy DVC members who will be doing the same thing.

Good luck!

The only other thing that I can think of is that as soon as you get the first recording, punch "3", and as soon as the next recording starts punch "3" again. This will get you to member services without having to listen to the menu. Then just settle in for the wait (it's generally not too bad, just remember to have your member card handy) :earsboy:

Chris

jonestavern said:
The only other thing that I can think of is that as soon as you get the first recording, punch "3", and as soon as the next recording starts punch "3" again. This will get you to member services without having to listen to the menu. Then just settle in for the wait (it's generally not too bad, just remember to have your member card handy) :earsboy:

Chris
We always do that too, but there is a slight difference when they are not yet open. I can't recall just what it is at the moment, but one call, and if you are too early, you will know. I usually start a bit before and keep dialing until I get through using the hit 3 hit 3 method.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter