Is there anything you hate about DVC?

that they only offer a lounge at epcot and not the other 3 parks.
This is a marketing line item. So DVC can't really offer at every park because eventually they run out of money to operate (if they throw in too many freebies and steep discounts) thus no new hotels.
for my dues, i should be able to walk out into the hall and swap out towels with a housekeeping CM without a fee hitting my credit card.
You can now. This was changed in the early fall if I recall correctly, but towels are now free, just have to call or ask for them. Same with Coffee/Tea and Laundry Soap (for 1 BR villas and larger though here).

This is a marketing line item. So DVC can't really offer at every park because eventually they run out of money to operate (if they throw in too many freebies and steep discounts) thus no new hotels.

You can now. This was changed in the early fall if I recall correctly, but towels are now free, just have to call or ask for them. Same with Coffee/Tea and Laundry Soap (for 1 BR villas and larger though here).

i was answering the question posted to the group. it is just my opinion. a lounge is not costing them much of anything. the space already exists, they pay so little for those snacks and drinks and the electricity is a drop in the bucket in comparison to everything else.

regarding the towels, there is still a fee. i just returned from a split dvc stay and i had to pay for extra towels at both.

i was answering the question posted to the group. it is just my opinion. a lounge is not costing them much of anything. the space already exists, they pay so little for those snacks and drinks and the electricity is a drop in the bucket in comparison to everything else.
You’re opinion isn’t wrong nor is mine right. However, I just was pointing out the lounge is provided by DVD not DVC so it is just a benefit; not something I personally hate about DVC since it's a bonus not something I bought/own.
regarding the towels, there is still a fee. i just returned from a split dvc stay and i had to pay for extra towels at both.
You should absolutely write to the resort to get your money back. There is no longer a charge for towels. It's been well discussed on here previously. Though remember the members that requested this be "free" should realize it isn't "free" but shared across the dues (basically those members not changing out their towels "subsidize" those that do). But I have no problem with this change because overall its probably cheaper from people not properly washing the towels or taking pool towels to the room.

Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:
  • Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

If you had them physically come in and put the towels away for you then there is a charge but only in that case. If they simply deliver to the room and take the old away it is free.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter