Is this a good deal?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
Are the connections vouchers for breakfast and lunch a good deal? I was thinking of the Breakfast vouchers for a character meal. How about lunch vouchers? Has anyone made out using them? Thanks for any info.:D

Opinions will vary on the vouchers. I can only speak to the $29.50 lunch vouchers.

First of all, I was able to purchase 4 vouchers from another DIS poster for $20 each. The poster was unable to use them and offered them for this price. This turned out to be a very good deal for us. We used them at Restaurant Marrakesh and Le Cellier. My DH & I used one (split the entree and appetizer) and my DB & DSIL used one at each restaurant. We purchasd an extra drink and an extra dessert. Left quite satisfied. Potions at these two restaurants were large.

Had we paid full price for the voucher or been unable to share, I don't think we would have gotten our money's worth. For us, it definitely wouldn't be a good deal if we each used a voucher. The vouchers cover an appetizer, an entree, non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. We simply do not eat that much at one time and would not order that much food for one meal. To me, it's like buying something that you don't really need and thinking that you saved $$ because it was on sale.

That said, for those who eat more (especially more of the expensive menu items) or like the convenience of prepaid meals, I can see where they would consider it a good deal. The vouchers do include a 15% gratutity and the 6% FL tax. It might be a way for some to try out some of the more expensive restaurants.

For us, joining Connections to get these vouchers isn't a good option. I doubt we would use any of the other program features and I don't like the idea of joining and then cancelling 30 days later. JMHO. As I said, opinions vary and mine applies to the lucnh vouchers only. No experience with the Q & C variety.

Hope you get lots of opinions and have a wonderful trip!

Thaks CarolMN- We are not big eaters either and I can't imagine getting $30 worth of food. :eek: . The only place it would probably work is the yachtsman steakhouse and that is for dinner so I guess it is not an option.
Well it is good to know. Thanks.:)

Basically for breakfast with tax and tip it is about a breakeven. For character lunches the vouchers cost more than the total cost of lunch in cash--so no deal. I've put quite a bit of work in to figuring this out (math is my worst subjectLOL), but my calculations show that in order to break even on a feature lunch voucher (adult) you must order a beverage (2.00), an appetizer worth 5.99, an entree that costs at least 15.00 and a 5.00 dessert ( remember that tax and tip are included). That said, it is a nice way to pre-pay for meals you know will cost you this much, if you are sharing meals, or if there is a special place you'd like to try , but normally could not afford.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter